DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Strongside - Moderator application

Harm

In-game name: Strongside
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:49481698
Warns: Zero.
Timezone: Central
Playtime?: Strongside has played for 369:53:43.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES, I already have some roles in TS.
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES.
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] AJBedhead.
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] Community Manager of H1Z1, also staff on a different server for over a year.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I have experience leading a team and holding myself accountable. Accountability and discipline enable a team to be successful. With my experience in Information Technology, I can also assist new users and even possibly help out the server in a couple of different ways outside of just "core" gameplay. I have played this server on and off since 2018 and know the rules very, very well. I have RP'd majority of my hours which has led to contributing more than just basing and earning money. I find that the key to a servers growth is helping new players by inviting them to base, giving some money to get a head-start, and overall communicating and being kind. With my hours and time zone, I am frequently on when no other staff members are. This can help in the off-hours that can hinder growth. An example of this is someone MRDM'ing and new players leaving as no staff members are present.

I can also offer honesty. I am someone that hold myself to a high standard and can take ownership of mistakes. Kindness can go a long way in developing a community. I was the community manager in H1Z1 and found that it was extremely difficult to maintain when the community feels "wronged. I had to maintain professionalism and a focus on solutions when times were very turbulent during the games end. I'd like to say that I don't have many folks that have an issue with me on the server. I try to help others out when they need some in-game money and have even given folks in real life money for some help. I do not think that should be a determining factor, I'm simply trying to express that I have a pretty good idea of the community and the folks inside of it. I appreciate it if you've read this far.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: I have been given verbal's on servers, never banned.
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No.
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: With working from home I can contribute quite a bit of time at my desk. ~6 hours a day.
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I work in Information Technology in the  biotechnology space. I very much enjoy Path of Exile with Sbens, and in my free time assist with technology issues on forums. 
Did you read the staff rules?: {GG} Strongside

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
19 minutes ago, RealRichard said:

+1, Whilst I am giving you a positive reaction to this, please don’t burn yourself out. 6 Hours a day is not going to be healthy for ya man.

I want to reiterate that there will be days where it's 2 hours, there will be days where it's more. I normally just hang out while I am in meetings and such. 6 is basically an if needed I most likely can help out for that amount. Does that make sense?

Edited by Harm

+1: Strongside is a very active player in the server, he waited some time to apply since he came back to the server to get used to the community and to the gmod mechanics, so I think the timing is perfect, he's a very chill individual and he has experience with the server rules, the app is very good and I can't wait to see him be part of the staff team. Good luck!

+1

I see strongside very frequently on the server, and I've never seen them minge or troll. Rather the opposite, in fact, as I have also seen them go out of there way to help new players. This would absolutely be a fantastic addition to the staff team at face value, and I feel that Strong should be trained, ASAP.