DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Transfer Prop Ownership

I got the idea of being an interior designer for people on the server but the problem of all of my props being removed when I leave the game stands. The ability to transfer ownership of a prop would be very helpful for a lot of things including people who want to keep a base looking nice when they made it with a friend who is leaving.

I don't really have much argument for this but I believed it to be a good idea.

• Like 1

There is a tool for this called "Advanced duplicator 2" which allows you to copy and paste dupes, you can add anyone to your "Prop buddies" and allow them to interact with your props, with this they can copy a building and paste it without you having to be there. 

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Informative 2
5 hours ago, Wendoly said:

There is a tool for this called "Advanced duplicator 2" which allows you to copy and paste dupes, you can add anyone to your "Prop buddies" and allow them to interact with your props, with this they can copy a building and paste it without you having to be there. 

As this is true but maybe make this a job? Like you can make money off of building people bases or something just a thought and like you said its technically already possible. 

• The Garnut
5 hours ago, Smity_ said:

As this is true but maybe make this a job? Like you can make money off of building people bases or something just a thought and like you said its technically already possible. 

Actually changing your job is already possible too. Play as a citizen and use /job Interior Designer

• 300 IQ 2
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 2
8 hours ago, Smity_ said:

I've seen multiple people charge reasonable fees to build a personalized base for other people before. I don't think we need a whole new job for this since you already have all the tools to roleplay as an interior designer/base designer.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

As others have said, if you were to build a base for someone and then add them as a prop-Buddy (found under the utilities tab) they can use the Adv. Dupe to copy and save that base to place down later. 

In the past I have out down props for people when I haven’t been basing out of my own prop count, like printer racks etc. I haven’t done it for money though so that’s a good idea lol. 

• 4 weeks later...