PLEASE MAKE TEXTSCREEN LIMIT 2-4 PLS

-1: You have 6 possible lines with a huge character limit in each one, I can't think of any scenario where you would need more than 2 textscreens + you didn't provide any reasoning for this suggestion so I think this is not needed 

55 minutes ago, Wendoly said:

-1: You have 6 possible lines with a huge character limit in each one, I can't think of any scenario where you would need more than 2 textscreens + you didn't provide any reasoning for this suggestion so I think this is not needed 

I can think of a few, for example if you're basing and you would like to label something inside your base, so your friends are aware of it (assume in this scenario that they also want to label stuff)-one extra textscreen could help here. Another example being building with multiple entrances. Or for example, the Hotel, where you could write the basic KOS, Insert Brand Hotel Name Here, ect-and then list prices inside and such. For Gun dealers especially, or dealers in general, if you want to list certain guns (say the more popular buy's such as AK's, HK's, Shotguns ect) that you want to list prices for, sometimes those 6 lines just aren't enough.

In my opinion, even if it gets minged with a little more, I believe it's worth a trial run-WITH THAT BEING SAID HOWEVER, PLEASE ADD A WAY FOR (lower)STAFF TO FUCKING REMOVE TEXTSCREENS GODDAMMIT-As it stands (im unsure about manager) but <Proggy can remove textscreens, and sometimes you just can't see who placed them, or who owns them. It happens, rarely, but when it does happen it's usually someone spamming the N-Word for a length that spans the entire width of the map. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

+1

-¿Do we really need to label stuff in a base? If so ¿What would that be? 

-This could potentially prevent misunderstandings with buildings that have more than one entrance.

-I used to play as a hotel manager for a long time and I had a long name for my hotel, I had the price of the rooms on the textscreen as well as the rules of the hotel and "KOS" in the same one, and I never needed more lines nor textscreens for that. The same goes for gun dealers; you can include the "bestsellers" in 1 textscreen. The main problem with this is that the average player won't spend time on reading a textscreen that has a lot of stuff on it, this is from experiences I've had as a hotel manager and as a gun dealer, people will completely ignore signs, even the huge flashy signs and ask questions that can be easily answered by reading the sign they ignored for just a few seconds, now imagine adding more textscreens that would make people less interested in reading signs that they barely read.

Overall, I can see how adding more signs could create or improve RP scenarios, and it can even help a little bit with bases that can result "Confusing" due to having multiple entrances, but that is not a huge problem, and it could add more problems than solutions.

• Friendly 1
  • Informative 1

+1, but only if it won't cause issues to server frames. If it does not, I do not see any real reason not to. People are gonna text screen minge anyways, or prop minge, so adding one or more extra textscreens isnt gonna change that. If staff are doing their job, this shouldnt become a major issue. Adding more than one text screen helps with roleplay a lot, such as in a hotel, or perhaps a post office, restaurant, gun store, etc. 

I especially support this if my suggestion about admin perms being updated is accepted.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • DarkRP Administration Team

+1

I completely agree with what Shin said, and to further that, I don't see having additional text screens as a necessity by any means because one has everything covered, however it would be great for people building shops, post office boxes, or decoration for example. Even for normal farming bases, back in the days when I used to base with a friend, I'd put down a comical taunt after the first fading door just for fun.

• 2 weeks later...

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c12.png

Your suggestion has been Accepted.

This has been added to the Trello as an extra VIP Perk!

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.

• Like 3
  • 300 IQ 1