MilitaryRP Map Progress [9/26/2018]

Nutter

The ideas these screenshots have given me are great, but that is how it is with every new item. The thing that really intrigues me is your description of it, and I can't wait to see how you guys shake things up for MRP in terms of the other servers in the genre. What I imagine currently is a city of which you took screenshots inside of with the bases located slightly outside of the city. This is definitely going to be interesting even if what I imagined isn't true as a map entirely based in/around a city would be very different from all previous maps.

One question I have though atm: You say that these screenshots are a very small portion of the map, but I am assuming the total size of the map is the same as the other maps due to limits in hammer or something (not sure, but I remember hearing this somewhere), have you actually enlarged the size of the map, or is it just more dense and tightly packed with unique locations? Or I am thinking about it too much, and you just mean that the screenshots are close ups, so you barely see much of the map.

• Like 1

Thats awesome! I think it would be really cool to have a large circle intersection with a park in the middle with trees and maybe a statue for cover, (the middle of the park being the point) surrounded by buildings. Something more urban than this with destroyed cars and road blocks on the street to provide cover. The outskirts of the capture area would be the buildings forcing players to take the buildings around the point. 

1.jpg

EDIT** This would mean render would have to be fixed so that no matter where you are in the square you can see all the windows in the buildings on the other side or make the trees tall enough to block view if this isnt possible that way it just inst ugly black squares for windows.

Edited by Scotti
New idea
  • Like 2
  • The Garnut
19 minutes ago, Scotti said:

How cool would a point like this be? instead of more cars maybe bomb craters in the road. Fuck this could be so amazing and fun to play.

latest?cb=20111011160818

yeah, all 13 pixels would look great in the map!

probably 12 fps too

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4