I'm sure this will get -1ed by everyone I base with..

-Alts are a big part of the server and how people make money so removing them all together would have major backlash from the people that dedicate to the server and to the people that have been using them for years (me included) this would be game changing. this is something I would not recommend.

-Limiting the alt number (maybe 3-5) could be better than just fully removing alts from the server. you said "one account's printers you can make approximately $200k an hour, however some players who have 10 alts or more can make $2mill an hour" this would change the pace of money making in the community from 10 to 3 maybe 5 printers from 2mil to 600k-1m, this might not seem like a big difference but in the long term would have a massive impact on the economy and on how fast it is growing.

-If you are persistent on having alts fully removed from the server (1 account per person) then I suggest an economy wipe (money wipe) and this would restable the economy of the server and I think this would help the IRL trading issue the server is having.

I at least hope you take what iv said into consideration as this would be a massive change, this are just my thoughts and opinions.

• Informative 2

Okay so why are we trying to eliminate Alt farming when it is the main reason the server can even hit the pop it does? Alt farming is literally the ONLY way to make a lot of money quickly. Every other money making method doesn’t even come close to it. Why not make some different ways of making GOOD money so that there can be ways to compete? Why remove Alt farming without substituting in different ways to make money and keep engagement? Could the content of the server also be a point of interest?

I think a lack of content is what causes credit trading. For instance back in 2019 when I was finally done with everything on the server, (Got a CC with ingame, large amount of liquid cash and a lot of bases) What do I do? There is nothing for me to buy with my money (No titles, no group system, no clan system, no perks system), literally nothing for me to invest the money I earn. I loved playing but with the lack of end game content I found ingame money selling attractive since I could still play and sell money to keep the grind going. This kept me invested in the server and still keeps me invested.

There are not many servers allow the ability to exchange ingame for irl however I feel that that is one of the few reason for many money farmers staying on the server; knowing that their money could and is worth a quantifiable amount in IRL and that they can “cash out” if they wanted to. If a whale wants to pay $100 for a shit ton of ingame money, they can. We should not punish players who want to spend $10 for $100k ingame that they could have asked a dealer for and got 30x that. These people are the most dedicated and want to support the community. Maybe instead of buying from dealers the store could rework its pricing to better reflect the ingame market then you could possibly eliminate a lot of the problems. However no one is going to spend $100 for 1 million ingame or whatever the rip off is in the store atm. (THIS IS A HUGE REASON FOR IRL TRADING)

Alting is a widespread method of farming and is vital to growth in the economy. I don’t think that removing alt farming and credit trades at the same time is going to help anyone. In fact it could be the nail in the coffin because that is the one part that stands out about the economy on this server. Not many servers provide the same economy like Garnet does. Credit trading is the life blood of the server economy and dictates prices across the board. If you told everyone they can’t trade for credits then almost no one would donate for ccs and stuff because many of the full time dedicated players (kids who can’t afford a cc) are the ones who farm to sell for credits so they can get that dream CC they’ve wanted. It helps to provide a way for people to donate through working on the server. Many communities that I’ve been on don’t have a system that allows someone to do that. 

On the one had Alt farming is out of control and I agree it does not help when server is full but, I think it is vital to the health of the server economy and presents healthy discussions between players (to an extent)

• Agree 3

I personally would be in favor of an Alt account limitation in the order of 2-3 for the lone reason of how fast the economy inflated, I joined March of 2020 where credits cost 200k each or 150k if you knew the right people, now credits are a minimum 500k if you are lucky. You still would be able to get mass ammounts of money just not quite as easily. You can purchase prints from other people if they don’t want to grind. However I feel like too many alts is a tad overpowered because if you have someone with 10 alts in a single base and you give each one a Dlore, no matter how many people you have in a raid you will be outnumbered which makes raiding even more difficult 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
6 hours ago, Corbzz said:

Okay so why are we trying to eliminate Alt farming when it is the main reason the server can even hit the pop it does? Alt farming is literally the ONLY way to make a lot of money quickly. Every other money making method doesn’t even come close to it. Why not make some different ways of making GOOD money so that there can be ways to compete? Why remove Alt farming without substituting in different ways to make money and keep engagement? Could the content of the server also be a point of interest?

I think a lack of content is what causes credit trading. For instance back in 2019 when I was finally done with everything on the server, (Got a CC with ingame, large amount of liquid cash and a lot of bases) What do I do? There is nothing for me to buy with my money (No titles, no group system, no clan system, no perks system), literally nothing for me to invest the money I earn. I loved playing but with the lack of end game content I found ingame money selling attractive since I could still play and sell money to keep the grind going. This kept me invested in the server and still keeps me invested.

There are not many servers allow the ability to exchange ingame for irl however I feel that that is one of the few reason for many money farmers staying on the server; knowing that their money could and is worth a quantifiable amount in IRL and that they can “cash out” if they wanted to. If a whale wants to pay $100 for a shit ton of ingame money, they can. We should not punish players who want to spend $10 for $100k ingame that they could have asked a dealer for and got 30x that. These people are the most dedicated and want to support the community. Maybe instead of buying from dealers the store could rework its pricing to better reflect the ingame market then you could possibly eliminate a lot of the problems. However no one is going to spend $100 for 1 million ingame or whatever the rip off is in the store atm. (THIS IS A HUGE REASON FOR IRL TRADING)

Alting is a widespread method of farming and is vital to growth in the economy. I don’t think that removing alt farming and credit trades at the same time is going to help anyone. In fact it could be the nail in the coffin because that is the one part that stands out about the economy on this server. Not many servers provide the same economy like Garnet does. Credit trading is the life blood of the server economy and dictates prices across the board. If you told everyone they can’t trade for credits then almost no one would donate for ccs and stuff because many of the full time dedicated players (kids who can’t afford a cc) are the ones who farm to sell for credits so they can get that dream CC they’ve wanted. It helps to provide a way for people to donate through working on the server. Many communities that I’ve been on don’t have a system that allows someone to do that. 

On the one had Alt farming is out of control and I agree it does not help when server is full but, I think it is vital to the health of the server economy and presents healthy discussions between players (to an extent)

This had nothing to do with irl/ingame trading. Furthermore alt farming is not the only way to make fast money, you can buy other players printers. This drives RP as opposed to building a printer farm on your own.

9 hours ago, Payphone said:

I suggest an economy wipe (money wipe) and this would restable the economy of the server

An economy wipe feels unnecessary, I’ve been on the server for around two years now and have never used alts. If we wiped the server, many players, myself included, would most likely leave as the time sink we’ve put into the game would feel so worthless.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Payphone said:

-Alts are a big part of the server and how people make money so removing them all together would have major backlash from the people that dedicate to the server and to the people that have been using them for years (me included) this would be game changing. this is something I would not recommend.

-Limiting the alt number (maybe 3-5) could be better than just fully removing alts from the server. you said "one account's printers you can make approximately $200k an hour, however some players who have 10 alts or more can make $2mill an hour" this would change the pace of money making in the community from 10 to 3 maybe 5 printers from 2mil to 600k-1m, this might not seem like a big difference but in the long term would have a massive impact on the economy and on how fast it is growing.

-If you are persistent on having alts fully removed from the server (1 account per person) then I suggest an economy wipe (money wipe) and this would restable the economy of the server and I think this would help the IRL trading issue the server is having.

I at least hope you take what iv said into consideration as this would be a massive change, this are just my thoughts and opinions.

Most people do not make money using alts; it's a minority, and you can tell by looking at their money. The average darkrp player makes money by printing (and buying others' printers), doing actual RP things (hitman, duel, salesman jobs, begging, and bounty hunting), and credit Payroll.

"Don't ban alts because I use them to make money" is literally just saying that Martian's argument (that people use them for an unfair advantage) is correct

1 hour ago, mossly said:

Most people do not make money using alts; it's a minority, and you can tell by looking at their money. The average darkrp player makes money by printing (and buying others' printers), doing actual RP things (hitman, duel, salesman jobs, begging, and bounty hunting), and credit Payroll.

"Don't ban alts because I use them to make money" is literally just saying that Martian's argument (that people use them for an unfair advantage) is correct

I can tell you right now that I know at least 5 people with (hundreds) of mill's that have more than 10 alts.

• Agree 1
13 minutes ago, hooboododoMartian said:

Whats your point though? you can get hundreds of mills without alts too. 

not as easily tho. Look at the dude that got his money reset once he hit 1 billion. i hopped on and he already had 300 mill again. within a business week. 

42 minutes ago, hooboododoMartian said:

you can get hundreds of mills without alts too. 

Speaking as one of the only people who A isn’t in a clan and B has 0 alts it’s “technically possible” to get over 100m though it takes 10-15 times longer to get than it you just spam alts. I think I am the only person who isn’t in a clan or has no alts to break 100m without purchasing cash and that’s by pure luck, as I happened to buy up explosives right before they were removed and then sat on them for a year and sold them off for 30 times what I bought them for 

• DarkRP Administration Team
46 minutes ago, MrLegs said:

not as easily tho. Look at the dude that got his money reset once he hit 1 billion. i hopped on and he already had 300 mill again. within a business week. 

getting 100m isnt supposed to be easy, thats my whole point

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mossly said:

If you are going to quote something I said make sure I actually said it, and what I said was it would have backlash from the people that have dedicated to the server (me included) and I don't think I'm wrong in saying the these are the people on the server that are the ones using alts.

I think removing alts would impact the economy making IRL trades feel more like an option.

buying printers is a really good option to the people without alts as they can buy peoples alt printers and still make a massive profit.

I don't think that people using alts is a big issue.

• Informative 1