Martian's LOA

• DarkRP Administration Team

Name: Sauce hooboododo I Martian

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:78646281

Timezone: PST

Length of LOA: 1 week

Reason:

I've never talked about anything personal within online communities because I feel like it's kinda lame and at the end of the day we're all strangers no matter how much we play online games together. However, I could use a place to type this out and I figured where better than my LOA. I'll  leave a TLDR at the bottom of this post if you don't want to read this.

When I was 6 my parents got me a dog for my birthday. My family had known the owners of a ranch that was right up the street for a few years and on that ranch they bred and sold purebred Australian Shepherds. They had recently had a litter of puppies and on my birthday my parents took me to the ranch and let me choose any puppy I wanted to take back home. Around a year later my parents got another purebred Australian Shepherd so that we could start breeding Aussies at our ranch. After another year and a half, my family started breeding and selling our own puppies. We only ever bred and sold 3 litters with 20 total pups. However, out of those 20 puppies we only sold 19. In the third and last litter was a puppy that I had grown attached to. So attached that whenever a customer would come to the ranch to take a look at our puppies I would take my pup away from the others and go hide him in my room. Over the month many customers came to look at the puppies and we managed to sell all but one of them. The one that wasn't sold wasn't because he wasn't cute or playful enough, but rather because I would take and hide him from customers. After begging and begging I finally got my parents to cave and let me keep him. I was 9 when the dog was born and was taking Karate at the time. Me taking Karate mixed with the fact that the puppy's coat was all white with one black stripe on his waste led me to naming him "Blackbelt." Me and Blackbelt became incredibly close over the years. He would prefer to sleep in my room as opposed to my parents room with all the other dogs, when I was in high school he loved to stay outside with me until 1 or 2am some nights while I smoked joints while my parents were sleeping, whenever I had a party or kickback he would hang around until everyone either left or went to sleep. Whenever things got tough in life, whether I was going through petty drama between friends, going through a breakup, failed an exam, or was just sad, I would always go home at the end of the day and spend time with him, every day. I'm 21 now and we've been inseparable since I was 9. Unfortunately over the past year and a half Blackbelt has been suffering through brain cancer. These past 2 weeks specifically have been incredibly hard on him as his symptoms have gotten exponentially worse. Over the past 2 weeks he has had 2 seizures and suffered a stroke. After the stroke he had gained facial paralysis in the left side of his face, a few days later the paralysis spread to both sides of his face and jaw. Because of this, he has had a hard time eating a drinking water due to him not being able to close his mouth. He also wasn't able to close his eyes leading to his left eye to dry out and go blind. After arguing with myself for the past week I realized that there wasn't much left to wait for. He had gotten so bad and it was only getting worse. Today I made one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make before. I took him to the vet and had him put to rest. He was one of the closest friends I've ever had, as corny as it sounds saying this about a dog I truly considered him family. I feel like I could use some time away from staffing, I'll still be on the server but I don't want to have to deal with minges and petty arguments over whether or not someone was "in your base" when you shot him.

TLDR: My dog has passed away and I feel like I need time away from staffing

Here's a link to an imgur post with 5 picture of Blackbelt, just felt like leaving this here.

https://imgur.com/gallery/aN180PT

• Like 3
  • Sad 12
  • DarkRP Administration Team

walked out in front of my base and saw this:

https://imgur.com/a/U2HKXI7

I was completely caught off guard. I would have never seen myself as the kind of person to get teary eyed or emotional over gmod dupes but this made me tear up a bit. Thank you to everyone who helped with this, it was really really sweet of you all. 

Edited by hooboododoMartian
  • Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...