in-game name: Hama

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:61883550

Warns: 

Timezone: MST

Playtime: TopG Hama has played for 631:39:04

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone:  Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos: Yes 

Referrals:  Sauce Ghostieee

Past experiences as staff: Two time Senior Mod on Garnet Darkrp, most recently resigned end of 2021

Why I would be a good addition to the staff team

I think that I would once again make a very good addition to the staff team I have played Garnet over the past 6 years and have really grown to love the community. The main reason that I believe that I should be considered for staff is my past experience, real life experience, as well as my drive to make the server a better place. Compared to lots of other new recruits I have very extensive experience on Garnet as staff this allows me to jump back into the swing of things at a quicker pace than most T.Mods. I have a very good understanding of the rules having already done countless sits dealing with nuanced situations that aren't necessarily black and white. When I handle conflict I am very mellow and calm and avoid ever yelling or escalating situations. Since I have been back I have noticed a decrease in staff during off hours, I tend to play during these off hours due to my bizarre work schedule putting in 5+ hours a day and being on far greater than that most of the time.  No one likes seeing probblock at spawn and beyond that no one likes waiting 30 minutes for an admin to get on to be able to remove it; I feel that I will be able to ease times of pressure where there are overwhelmed staff. My work experience is also very applicable to being apart of the staff team. Since I last applied and was pursuing competitive free skiing I have become a Ski Patroller.  Every day I spend my time helping guests on the mountain making sure that everyone is safe and having an enjoyable time. I have to deal with crazy teenagers, whiny kids, stuck up parents and everything in between. This has given me a very large experience with lots of types of people in life in an environment where I am required to be a leader and role model. One of the lessons I have learned from patrolling is that there is a time and place for everything, while I love going 80mph down a run while I am on call I know I have to maintain a very safe environment. This applies directly to staff as the way that people act while messing around with friends in base has to be different from the way you act in a sit. I always try to show the most respect to everyone involved in a situation. By far the most important lesson I have learned from patrolling though is the ability and power of working as a team a few weeks ago we had 2 guys get caught in a huge Avalanche being able to work with my fellow patrollers as a team was the only reason we were able to save their lives, obviously there will be no avalanches in DarkRP, but there will be situations where working with my fellow staff members will be the most productive way to resolve a situation, I believe a lot of staff members feel the urge to try to solve problems on their own, I would rather consult other staff members in a situation that is maybe a little more tricky or maybe someone had already dealt with the same person before. The other experience in my life that is applicable to staffing is my work as a Highschool Debate Coach, I will keep this brief as this was a large portion of my old application linked here. I used to coach debate to young students all the way through seniors at a very high level, this has taught me to be very articulate which helps when there is a complex situation that needs to be explained. The last reason I believe I should be chosen is my drive to help the server and grow it into a better community. It is such a pleasure to be able to come back to this server after 18 months and still see some of my old friends and the plethora of new faces that I have met.  I want to leave Garnet a better place than when I joined and I hope already I have made an impact on the community that is positive, I believe as a staff member I can further this by helping new players and setting an example for players to look up to.

The primary concern that most of you probably will have is that I have not been back on the server for a very long time, I have been back for the past week and have really enjoyed every part of it, I totally understand any -1's or neutrals from not having many interactions with me but I hope the positive interactions I have had with some will carry their weight. I know that my time on staff will allow me to further my ties within the community and overall make it a better place.

Extra information

Have you ever been banned or punished on the server: No

Have you made any previous applications, if so when?

How much time can you contribute to the role: 4 hours a day minimum

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod: As mentioned in my paragraph my main passion in life is Skiing but I also love some good TV Shows my favorite being the Sopranos

Did you read the staff rules: Hama 

Edited by Hamas
Adding Referral upon request.
  • Like 1
  • Winner 1