Fonza's GM Application

Fonza

In-game name: P-135 ENG WO1 9901 Vulture (Fonza)

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:89934512

Warns: 0

Timezone: EST

Playtime?: 879:10:24

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes

Referral(s): Garnet

Past experiences as a Game Master: Head Game Master on Garnet Gaming Star Wars RP, Ran a few events on GGMRP, run Star Wars themed tabletop games on weekends.

Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I believe that I should be chosen because I host a great amount of experience both in Gmod and in Storytelling/GMing. I know how to use the tools I'm given to the fullest extent, even creating some dupes that lasted long after I left HGM. The events that I helped assist and host spoke for themselves, as one of the main GMs hosting the Butchellio events (at the time was largely regarded as one of the best campaigns during its time). I've utilized tools that helped pave the way for other events, such as the fog tool, falling rocks during mountain events, or "crashing" the Venator into a planet and then switching to a map with a crashed Venator.

As of late, some of the events seem to be drifting further and further away from PassiveRP that I want to bring back. There are goals that I want to set for myself if I do become gamemaster. Some of those goals may be how I set up an event, something like "Have everyone's Battalion do their special trick, or run an event without anyone having to fire a single shot. I think there's infinite ways you can go about doing an event, but it matters what you put into it. In my opinion, almost every event should have a named antagonist that is being built up, introduced, or killed. I am a firm believer that a hero can make a great story, but a villain makes a memorable one. I hope that I can prove that philosophy correct by sharing my stories with the server.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server?: Nope

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: At the moment, I have a decent amount of time to play the server (I would be dual staffing but can find gaps to join back and forth)

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: A Gamemaster should bring fun and exciting incidents to the server, which don't always need to be justified by an enemy, rather could be justified by the environment. A gamemaster should understand the fundamentals of a story, such as Man-Vs-Man, or Man-Vs-Environment, or Man-Vs-Society.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: For starters, I would like to start providing issues through the base, in a more realistic sense the base needs to be cared for as well as a car is seen by a mechanic if acting up. Whether that be a rupture in the coupling for the lighting, or a gas leak from corroded piping, not everything needs to be jumping out to kill the troopers every second of the day.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: I assisted with the potential creations of the R&D branch of the GAR. I've taken the role of "Scribe" and write down all findings and creations for other players to explore in future events. R&D's purpose is for GMs to get a freebee for creating a cool new thing for people to look into. While I wasn't the one to come up with R&D (Shout out to Elias), it would be an excellent tool for GMs to use to create a sense of purpose to people who did the research on a previous mission.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

Krimson Sons: The GAR are called off-world to deal with a large riot, with civilians running around, trying to loot, and attacking at random forcing the GAR to pick certain fights while trying to maintain peace. Out of all of the chaos, a woman in distress claims that “The Krimson Sons” who reside underground are calling all the shots and have agents that are actively inciting these issues. Depending on where the GAR are talking to this person, the civilian may be killed or knocked unconscious giving in to some MEDRP. Once they get this piece of information, the GAR are to make it to his base and make it clear that there will be no conflict. The idea behind this event is to create a string of events where they have run-ins with the Krimson Sons and everytime they “Catch” him, they can’t pin anything to him and are forced by Republic Law to let him go. This would be the first mission, many more should follow.

Operation Moth Lamp: Anakin Skywalker has gone missing! After a small investigation by the Sentinels/CID, they can see that it was a Force Sensitive that had abducted him. The Jedi deduce that Count Dooku is behind this and launch a search and rescue party to find the Jedi Knight. They come across a CIS space station that’s on Status 1. The GAR are able to sneak aboard and quietly but quickly fight their way with little resistance. The GAR finds that Anakin, despite being unarmed, was able to fight his own way back to the clones. Unfortunately, they had walked right into a trap! The hangar doors seal shut, everyone is locked out from everyone else, and droids seem to be coming from out of nowhere! It's up to the Navy to figure out how to unlock this floating rock and escape!

Operation Icarus: A report from another Battlegroup has come in, it seems that the CIS have made a weapon of mass destruction, something that can level one side of a planet with a single shot. This intel is given to RANCOR and conjures a plan to take it out by utilizing the entire 34th. The large weapon resides near a large CIS FOB. Upon landing, the Clones must take over one of the smaller FOBs and secure a quick position. They are put against the clock and must shut down the large weapon using control panels scattered throughout the map. They will be working against the clock so splitting up and covering more ground may be the best course of action. Possibility of failure is real and will have to deal with the fallout.

The Golden Holocrons: More of a campaign idea, but the idea of the Jedi seeking out these new artifacts and studying what they are and what they do. They would find nothing until a strange individual shows up who isn’t affiliated with any group. He arrives with what seems to be a humanoid group in heavy armor who give the GAR a helluva time, taking FOBs, attempting to sack the generator, and even attempting to kill the Admiral. The Jedi are deployed and the figure moves to take what golden holocrons they have at the moment. After the long battle, once the holocrons are secured, the 34th chases them down to get what they came for. While on the Venator, the hostile force, instead of fleeing, they turn around and start an assault to throw them off. The 34th crash land onto one of the researching planets and come to find out that the Golden Holocrons that they were in possession of hold great power, enough to cause a massive imbalance to the Galaxy, and with that on the table, the 34th and Jedi are left to search for these Galaxy ending boxes.

Lighting Issues: A very simple on-world, where the lights are down on Anaxes Base. As the Engineers are looking into it, they deduce that a team is needed to fix the generator forcing the 34th to leave the base while the offsite team makes its way into the base to fix the issue. The 34th are forced to have a field day outside the base with cadences, training, or some other activities of the sort. The Clones could also host a “laser tag” training where its team based and if you’re hit you put your weapon away and step off as you are “out”. The idea for this event is to appreciate the outside of the base every now and then.

• Like 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Agree 2

+1upmost respect for him he was a great officer and GM before large part of the community and a good role model

was 212th CT once

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Python said:

Erm fix your hairline -1, 

just joking lmao. For most of the time I’ve known fonza he’s been staff/GM without a doubt he’ll do just fine on SWRP lmao

how can you fix what's gone so far.

+1 remembering him as a GM from last year, he has some very solid events

let alone the best shitpost campagin of all time : The buchellios

• Like 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

e8aec860a66fb7323d6543c270e2baa7.png

Accepted

You have great experience and would be a welcome addition to the team

Do not use any GM powers once your rank is set, until you have been trained.