DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Afghan Base Reimagining

Ziggy

This is a small suggestion, specifically for @Nutter to look at regarding changing up the Afghan base in future map iterations. On the current map, we are in an RU base. On Omega, we're in a base that is more streamlined to look like a middle eastern FOB. For future maps, I'd like to take a step away from both of those designs and emphasize the rag-tag nature of the Taliban. 

Not here to nostalgia cope, but Afghan base from cscdesert is what I'd like to aim for in future map iterations. I think bunks, structure, secure walls all around, and towers are all elements that should be absent from Afghan's next FOB. 

This was recently suggested which inspired me to make this post. I'd love to have civilian interaction blend with our current ROE on the server and I think this would work really well with an Afghan base that was designed as simply as an old village. Here are some screenshots of what Afghan base looked like from cscdesert:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Here are some pictures of various things IRL that I'd like to replicate as Afghan's new FOB:

33913206834_896ecf67a7_b.png

5.png

Basically give Afghan a mud village. It's cool aesthetically and can incorporate civilian life into it. Move their base design away from what US looks like on any map. Let me know what yall think. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • The Garnut

In all honesty, I was always gearing towards making embassy into a town, or maybe shipment (on the map Delta) but the idea of simply converting the afghan base into a village is so fucking unique that i'm absolutely down to do it on the next iteration.

• Like 8
  • Winner 1
1 hour ago, Nutter said:

In all honesty, I was always gearing towards making embassy into a town, or maybe shipment (on the map Delta) but the idea of simply converting the afghan base into a village is so fucking unique that i'm absolutely down to do it on the next iteration.

I don't play MRP but might have to hop on just to see this when it is implemented.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

ZCvTeiNi92uKHlP3vx71mXv8usBSqz1YzwqexMQp7VUv6F5O68BdOlwHZN2wAWEbPD7fKKbfCKsvqNe2aifn99ta_hplv1cpizZaGxFa5TWqusHsnxVGYO6IyPdoJK9qAmxQIV0kpLYCx_ZBygkpYrlKPF2afLDgHxbxuUbTGKNFDuyv5Z_lDmoyMA 

Accepted

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.

• Like 1