DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

A Dillan take

Dillan

Description: I have a wild thought, and I may be phrasing it wrong. However my views may differ from yours. Let's neuter long range Combat. It would be a lot of steps involved, and a little complicated, but would be healthy for rookies to stay in places.

War is determined by who has the most long range weapons, to the point where if one side has more long range engagement, they win. This causes rookies to leave over and over. If it's US rookie Tali leave, if it the opposite, army rookies leave. So let's think about just ruining long range Combat for the majority entirely.

There are multiple routes you can take. I'm more partial to this one.

Complete removal of the majority of snipers. Orsis, gone just gone. Mosin just left. One shot gone, no more sniper donations. Donated sniper classes, here's your shiny new assault rifle, fuck em. Faction snipers? Locked to a solid one person, only one person in the faction. Army? One guy. Rangers? One guy. Isi? One guy. Tali, you guessed it, one guy. Just completely gone. Would be hated by a lot of people.

Someone else said this, one faction only has snipers, guess it would be rangers and someone on AFG, don't know who. I don't like it because if one's dead, one's alive bam, back to where we at now. 

Nerfs and keeps, orsis? Now it is 60 dmg. Only headshots or lit players go down. DMRs? 38 to 41 dmg. Would fuck up a couple things, but wouldn't really deter camping, just make it more annoying. 

I expect a lot of -1s which is fine, but when I say I'm role-playing rangers by basecamping, or role-playing badri (isi?) There's a reason for that. We all know who the people are. We all do. Mercs outside US base, and rangers and the s3 outside afg base. 

Enjoy my 15 minute take. 

• 300 IQ 1
  • Creative 1
  • Disagree 3

+1 I'm all for trying a straight removal of most snipers. I'd say the only available snipers should be the current class ones, but then cap them at 1 slot. 

Problem is here is that from my most recent suggestion, it seems people aren't willing to make sacrifices for this. Touching Merc/Venal or really any other sniper is apparently a heinous crime. 

• Disagree 1

Paid content is easy to work around when it comes to its power, and honestly elite classes are supposed to feel more unfair to play against. You pay for the class you want so that you can then learn to use it effectively in war. Besides changing something that is deemed “permanent” isn’t really supposed to be changed after it is purchased. On top of that, spawncamping can’t be fixed by removing sniping, because there are still rifles that 2 shot to the body, and DMR’s that one shot to the chest. The argument of snipers being the issue is absolutely fruitless and I am tired of reading it over and over. I personally think that the reason so many people complain about being sniped, boils down to jealousy of another factions equipment kit. Like you wouldn’t complain about how OP the L115 is. But no as soon as 313 takes a snipe at you it is just unfair and cruel that you died. Like it is a sniper rifle on a video game, either get good at using it, or avoid long range combat. There are 30 whole minutes to a war, stop spending it fighting the guy farming kills off of a headglitch. Go around the guy. Send some 11B to distract him and get him while he’s not looking. Literally do anything else besides come here and complain about something that really actually does boil down to a skill issue. Like Jesus Christ we provide you with marksman during one of your first tryouts on the server, and then the complaint arises that, “US has no good ranged guns.” Which is false. MK-12 does more than 100 to the head, the AR and M4 both have AimPoint sights that you could be single firing with from a range. And there is a dedicated sniper class with 2 whole slots. L115 is borderline basic in terms of use and combat application. Anything past what I have said here is a simple combat skill issue that can be fixed by thinking outside the box for on the go solutions.

Don't care about losing content I paid for, it is what is is. Adjusting sniper damage values would require an adjustment of all gun values, which I don't see happening due to the sheer time/dev work it would take/has historically taken. 

Just engage with new players, countersnipe for them. Encourage callouts. Spawn cars. The tools are there. There are other threads that handle this better.

Yes I have basecamped, but I also make a habit of killing basecampers. It goes both ways.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

I’ll remove my whole -1 and previous comment if we take away mosin / orsis, and give out an AR that is actually usable in war. No AEK bullshit, maybe like a kilo with or without the GL, maybe the SIG or the M16

• Agree 1

I personally think snipers aren’t imbalanced, it’s the people that use these snipers to basecamp that is the issue. I believe we should avoid ALL weapon/class changes unless it is just extremely overpowered and game changing.

We should enforce rule changes first, and then go to class changes if the issue still arises. I will give this suggestion a -1, I just think it’s too early to change full classes and weapons.