mayor cooldown

mossly

this causes me pain at a cellular level but

there should be a longer cooldown for mayor

earlier, I got killed and immediately went back to being a truly reprehensible mayor and it made me realize that I shouldn't be able to do that

i think with mayor killing as hard as it is and with the mayor being able to influence play as much as they can, there should be a 15 minute or so cooldown before you can become mayor again, thus making the mayor's death mean something rather than just being a slight inconvenience 

a. would make mayors less likely to be too lenient (no pd support) or too based (hated by all players) as a death would really suck; diplomacy would get a +

b. would make planning a pd raid to depose the mayor have actual effects

c. would discourage mayorchaining mayors like myself from sitting in the role for a lengthy period of time and make each regime feel truly different (era energy)

d. would discourage mayors from immediately raiding to depose the current mayor and take back their position

I know "mossly, you could simply not do these things" is a near valid response, but I think that if we address these it could give a different and better feeling to city administration as a whole and force them to actually RP instead of simply chilling or being a dictator

Edited by mossly
forgot 5 words
  • DarkRP Administration Team

the only issue i have with this is how rdm can really screw over a mayor, id be okay with implementing this as long as mods would be able to set u back to Mayor without having to wait. Making the cooldown longer would give so much more power to rdming, for this reason im going to -1 for now but if mods could find a way around this id +1 it.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, hooboododoMartian said:

the only issue i have with this is how rdm can really screw over a mayor, id be okay with implementing this as long as mods would be able to set u back to Mayor without having to wait. Making the cooldown longer would give so much more power to rdming, for this reason im going to -1 for now but if mods could find a way around this id +1 it.

Way around it is making the penalty for RDMing the mayor more severe as well as implementing even harsher ones for RDM by PD members.

+1, Mossly youve done it again. After reading the first 9 words I was on board

For people complaining about rdm, /setjob does exist. However I do agree that in the event that a moderator isnt high enough rank, there should be a workaround.

(Similar to how vip mods can ban people via warnstacking if there is no one else online to push a ban through on their behalf, there should be a way for ranks below *I BELIEVE IT'S T.ADMIN DONT FLAME PLES* to ensure that players can be set back to mayor if rdm does occur. Or maybe make a mayor rdm a harsher punishment idk.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, StraightWhiteChristianMale said:

-1 although I think this would be a fantastic change, this is DarkRP and I think player freedom should be prioritized over everything 

Player freedom can operate fine within the bounds of rules. For instance, players are not allowed to build swastikas and most still enjoy themselves.

4 hours ago, Hama said:

-1, Half of the time on the server we dont even have a mayor, I would rather have an abhorrent mayor than no mayor its fun imo.

We should lower the mayor level to 45 to entice more people to play mayor tbh

Edited by mossly
no
  • Spicy 1
7 hours ago, StraightWhiteChristianMale said:

-1 although I think this would be a fantastic change, this is DarkRP and I think player freedom should be prioritized over everything 

-1, the whole point of being mayor is being a tyrant. The cool down is there to prevent someone from being mayor indefinitely, however I think it's fine the way it is. One major issue I could see is of course, being rdmed. As fish said, a admin can set you back to mayor, however given some admins don't always see a request for /setjob or are not on, this isn't a solution for every hour of the day. If you have to rely on the cool down, you already lose a ton of the police force at times, and increasing that may make more people quit being police, which can be very harmful if you were RDMed. I can 100% see high level players rdming people while admits are offline, it already happens.

Also, 2 minutes is more than enough time for someone else to switch to mayor. Generally speaking, whenever a mayor causes a ton of issues usually some other level 50 yoinks it from them. If nobody does, I don't think increasing the cooldown is going to change someone from switching to mayor or not. You'd just be delaying the inevitable by a bit more time, adding a longer cool down doesn't fix the problem of being able to switch back so fast, unless you go above 5 minutes. If you go above 5 minutes though, frankly I think that'd be unreasonable. 15 minutes can literally KILL a mayor's PD force, and again if they were rdmed, they shouldn't be punished if no admin is online to give them their role back. Making it a harsher punishment or giving lower admins doesn't give a solution, I've seen PLENTY of high level players manipulate their way out of rdm cases after blatantly rdming mayors, and again, if nobody is on to set their job, nothing can be done. Letting lower ranks set people to mayor also just opens up more chances for exploitation.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...