DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Modernizing

Ziggy

I think the removal of whitelist loadouts is a good idea but I think there needs to be some tweaks to this implementation.

Firstly, taking a page out of battlebit, the different whitelist classes should have different access to the weapon pool and their own utility. For example, the support classes would have a medkit but only have access to smgs and maybe some short range rifles. This gives incentives for unlocking new classes and allows them to have a somewhat unique identity while remaining mostly homogenous.

Secondly, this system reduces incentive to join any particular faction. While models, MOS, and the people in a faction would play a part, I still believe there should be a gameplay related incentive to choosing a faction. To do this, I suggest reducing the amount of classes per faction down to the previous number (4?) and having the utility in a faction focus around its purpose. For example GB/055 could focus on cqc utility like nades, flashes, and riot shields while DF/ISI focus on infiltration with disguise kits, smoke grenades, and lockpicks. The examples I gave could obviously be changed but they represent the idea. To clarify, basic utility such as medkits and cuffs would still be a available to all factions.

Edited by Toyto
Typo
  • Winner 1
2 minutes ago, Toyto said:

For example, the support classes have a medkit but only have access to smgs and maybe some short range rifles. This gives incentives for unlocking new classes and allows them to have a somewhat unique identity while remaining mostly homogenous.

I didn't mention it in the suggestion because this was already the plan. For example, depending on your faction, you would have some different unlockables that stray outside of the umbrella that the entire server has access to. To anyone else with similar concerns like Toyto, remember that this suggestion isn't outlining each and every detail. It's just a general blueprint of the direction I'd like us to head into and the fine details would come after we have built a team of people who want to get this done. I hope that if this is entertained and accepted by Garnet, you'd see a team of people who iron out these concerns and small details with community meetings and votes. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Toyto said:

Secondly, this system reduces incentive to join any particular faction. While models, MOS, and the people in a faction would play a part, I still believe there should be a gameplay related incentive to choosing a faction. To do this, I suggest reducing the amount of classes per faction down to the previous number (4?) and having the utility in a faction focus around its purpose. For example GB/055 could focus on cqc utility like nades, flashes, and riot shields while DF/ISI focus on infiltration with disguise kits, smoke grenades, and lockpicks. The examples I gave could obviously be changed but they represent the idea. To clarify, basic utility such as medkits and cuffs would still be a available to all factions.

Excellent point would like to see some specifics in regards to Rangers and TSFU but Bishop seems to address that in his reply and I think as he stated a definite thing that we would need to have if this suggestion is accepted is someone heading up the implementation of it and allowing the community to give input that is actually addressed when the time comes.

While utility and equipment are cool implementations, I don't think it will push people far enough to choose Rangers over GB and vice versa (Removing the basic need or feeling of having to move up in the server which drives a lot of new players to remain playing). The main thing that makes them different currently and actually causes people who know what the classes are to join is the 'Ghost' class and GB's explosives (Or just the idea of CQC v Long range) these are two of the most apparent aspects of the factions that if removed could really damage how people would want to join either. I believe in terms of 'skill' it goes DF -> 75th -> GB and if we wanted to keep that same idea I think we should have something more than just utilities that distinguish them (Same goes for 055 and TSFU on tali).

@Ziggy I believe previously you talked about the implementation of a skill system. If we could find a way to allow certain regiments very distinctive separate skills upon joining, that base army and tail would be aware of in war or peacetime it would greatly up the motivation to join and make both regiments more distinct. These skills would only be applicable when they are playing on the SOC's Class and would be disabled if joining a different class.

Overall, +1 just some little tiny things I love bugging bishop about that will most likely be addressed if the suggestion is accepted.

Things that would be nice to see specifics on when the time comes: 

• Pilot Accessibility and rule enforcement. (Is it up to GA/Marshal; What heli's will they have access to. any attack helicopters?)

• When saying limit user weapon use to 1 Primary and 1 Secondary does this include donors? If so what system would we use to enforce this and how consistently can we change the weapons. Every peacetime, Every war?

• What was going through our head when the peacetime capture points suggestion was denied?!?!?!
Edited by Horseyyy
  • Agree 1
On 6/19/2023 at 9:13 AM, Ziggy said:

1.6 Removing Money

Wipe the entire economy from the server. I don't really see a place for money existing on the server and instead, I think everything should just be unlockable via experience. Attachments, cars, guns, weapon skins, utility, etc would all be earned by leveling. For example, if we transition to the previously suggested loadout system, players can unlock a 'car slot' when they hit x prestige. I think this alternative would be infinitely more straightforward than grinding 800k through word scrambles or creating more uses for money. Alongside this, ways to earn XP should be expanded upon with systems such as achievements (I would love to make those). Alternative: Remove XP and have everything be money focused. (Personally I like this more)

I agree with basically everything on here except this, money is often used in this game for RP. Though unlocking things via XP sounds like a better system, I still think money should be kept so there is a form of conventional currency on the server.

+1 to everything else but -1 to removing money

• Informative 1
  • Agree 2

1.1 Weapons

I have suggested this since 2017 and begged for it until 2020 when I officially resigned So I whole heartedly support this; but I will roll over in my grave before it happens.

1.2 Peacetime

I have no opinion on this, I like the GM idea; but alls they do is ffas and the player base is not as active as it needs to be to utilize them to the correct potential. I also don't like forced rp so Neither a -1 or +1 from me here.

1.3 Snipers and Balancing 

-1 I do believe sniper need to 1 shot this has been changed so many times and always ends up being back to being one shot as they should logically be. You should never have to pull a trigger again on a 308/7.62x51 or greater caliber coming from a full length rifle. I do believe there is no reason for any speed debuff except on extra health classes though. 

1.4 Pilot Jobs for Entry

+1 Although I would say it would need to be a requirement to practice on a test server and you could only get the whitelist once you proven you aren't smashing into everything causing chaos. 

1.5 Trello Cleanup

+1 get rid of all updates that do not bring an actual usefulness or breath of life into the server and start from there.

1.6 Removing Money

-1 / +1 I don't believe you need to wipe money as people like to collect it and gamble, but you could switch everything to xp based. Though I still don't like the idea because it takes a decent amount of actual play time to keep the players feeling like they actually earned something.

These are just my two cents hate them or like them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • 4 weeks later...