DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

HALLOWEEN MAP PART 2

Criteria

Description: Ok OK SO last year there was a halloween map which literally always had the pop over 75 I cannot remember when the pop was low with that update. BRING IT TF BACK ON OCTOBER 1st. The mini games of backrooms and the new hats and all was so good please please please. The map changes and different base designs were peak 

Reasoning: It would make the pop a lot better then it is at the moment and also bring in new players that can stay when they see cool updates 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
13 minutes ago, Nutter said:

Christmas and Halloween will always be eventful times of the year with a new map and fun quests. I'm not sure about it releasing on the 1st though 😮

What if there was an initial update on the 1st that had the past changes from last year, and then a supplemental update? Ik that its super hard to code and do everything on your own. Is there anything left from last year that could be released on the first immediately?

• The Garnut
18 hours ago, Jbhh said:

What if there was an initial update on the 1st that had the past changes from last year, and then a supplemental update? Ik that its super hard to code and do everything on your own. Is there anything left from last year that could be released on the first immediately?

We have everything ready, as well as new content. But again, it's not going to be released on the 1st as it makes no sense to have a month long Halloween event 😮

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, Nutter said:

We have everything ready, as well as new content. But again, it's not going to be released on the 1st as it makes no sense to have a month long Halloween event 😮

Not to be rude or anything, but who cares what sense it makes if you have the entire community wanting it to last longer? You don't even play on the server, and this thread is just full of upvotes and if you ask anyone who was here last year for the update they would want it on the 1st.

There is also no way that its not beneficial from a financial perspective. Pop would greatly increase which would lead to more people buying credits and then forgetting to turn off monthly payments smh.

Edited by Jbhh
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • The Garnut
1 hour ago, Jbhh said:

Not to be rude or anything, but who cares what sense it makes if you have the entire community wanting it to last longer? You don't even play on the server, and this thread is just full of upvotes and if you ask anyone who was here last year for the update they would want it on the 1st.

There is also no way that its not beneficial from a financial perspective. Pop would greatly increase which would lead to more people buying credits and then forgetting to turn off monthly payments smh.

Let me utilize your own message to phrase respond,

Not to be rude or anything, but who cares what sense it makes if I have 10 years of experience running this community and have played more than all players across the years. This thread is a thread full of upvotes from people bored and wanting a change, but every year in the past, we tried pushing for the event to last longer (because I myself even enjoy Halloween time) but it proved to be a disaster. There's nothing I would want more than to switch to the Halloween map early, I absolutely love it, and literally spent my own fucking time working on it lol.

Despite what players say this year (and this is a recurring theme for every single year the server has been up up) we switch to an event map early (and specifically in the case of Halloween) players claim it is just too dark/unenjoyable, and we ultimately have players leaving in favor of waiting for the original map after 2 weeks... As was the case just last year.

Financially speaking, Garnet has already been a disaster for the past few years, and everything players can donate for has already been purchased. It's not like this game brings in a surplus of new players month-to-month. But thank you for your 2 cents.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
2 minutes ago, Nutter said:

Let me utilize your own message to phrase respond,

Not to be rude or anything, but who cares what sense it makes if I have 10 years of experience running this community and have played more than all players across the years. This thread is a thread full of upvotes from people bored and wanting a change, but every year in the past, we tried pushing for the event to last longer (because I myself even enjoy Halloween time) but it proved to be a disaster. There's nothing I would want more than to switch to the Halloween map early, I absolutely love it, and literally spent my own fucking time working on it lol.

Despite what players say this year (and this is a recurring theme for every single year the server has been up up) we switch to an event map early (and specifically in the case of Halloween) players claim it is just too dark/unenjoyable, and we ultimately have players leaving in favor of waiting for the original map after 2 weeks... As was the case just last year.

Financially speaking, Garnet has already been a disaster for the past few years, and everything players can donate for has already been purchased. It's not like this game brings in a surplus of new players month-to-month. But thank you for your 2 cents.

I actually agree with this statement because if its released too early people might get bored in like a week and pop just goes down but if he puts everything like mid october the pop will be poppin 🙂 anyways all i wanted from this post is to make sure there will be some new content including halloween ❤️

• The Garnut
3 minutes ago, Criteria said:

I actually agree with this statement because if its released too early people might get bored in like a week and pop just goes down but if he puts everything like mid october the pop will be poppin 🙂 anyways all i wanted from this post is to make sure there will be some new content including halloween ❤️

Oh, yeah, there will be man. My plan for the last 4 years has been to gradually increase the amount of holiday content we have 🙂

This year you should expect new (unique) hats, side-quests, and a boss to fight (similar to the Christmas event)

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
29 minutes ago, Nutter said:

Oh, yeah, there will be man. My plan for the last 4 years has been to gradually increase the amount of holiday content we have 🙂

This year you should expect new (unique) hats, side-quests, and a boss to fight (similar to the Christmas event)

Might as well lock this thread down since your mind is set. I understand your rationale but from my perspective and the perspective of all the players who put time and money into the server a lot of us are just not going to be playing much til then. Server hovers 35 pop 95% of the time with the exception of friday/saturday night.

• 300 IQ 1
  • Agree 1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines