DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Suggestion - Sailor Class

As much as I like the idea, there are a few issues I see with this;

-What would be the size limit of a ‘’yacht’’, I could def see this getting out of hands.

-What’s considered a boat? There needs to be more specifications, someone could build a cube with floaties on the side and call it one.

-Nerve gas

-Tricky entrances exploiting the water physics

• Informative 1
  • Agree 5
  • DarkRP Administration Team

+1

I think this is a great idea! 😄 It will add a lot to the beach / water areas of the map, plus it adds something new for players to experiment with. I'd like to see the designs people come up with.

16 hours ago, Vortex said:

-What would be the size limit of a ‘’yacht’’, I could def see this getting out of hands.

-What’s considered a boat? There needs to be more specifications, someone could build a cube with floaties on the side and call it one.

-Nerve gas

I think Vortex brought up some really good points though, and I have a couple of suggestions which may help:

• The size limit could be the same as a hobo hut (6x6x6 plate) as that would be in-keeping with the current rules for other classes making it easy to remember
  • I think it's tricky to define what is considered a boat / raft ant this will undoubtedly be a bit of grey area, so while it's a good rule on face-value, I think leaving this rule out may be easier to staff to manage
  • With nerve gas (or similar) what if the rules read "A sailors boat / raft cannot be raided using area-effect weapons (explosives, nerve gas, etc)" as a catch-all? If the size was limited to a 6x6x6 plate then nerve gas would also be a bit OP
  • I think with the water physics, the same rules should apply as per the cave base - "do not require people to swim while cracking keypads and do not make the enemy raiders have to defend themselves while swimming"
  • DarkRP Administration Team
6 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

+1

I think this is a great idea! 😄 It will add a lot to the beach / water areas of the map, plus it adds something new for players to experiment with. I'd like to see the designs people come up with.

I think Vortex brought up some really good points though, and I have a couple of suggestions which may help:

• The size limit could be the same as a hobo hut (6x6x6 plate) as that would be in-keeping with the current rules for other classes making it easy to remember
  • I think it's tricky to define what is considered a boat / raft ant this will undoubtedly be a bit of grey area, so while it's a good rule on face-value, I think leaving this rule out may be easier to staff to manage
  • With nerve gas (or similar) what if the rules read "A sailors boat / raft cannot be raided using area-effect weapons (explosives, nerve gas, etc)" as a catch-all? If the size was limited to a 6x6x6 plate then nerve gas would also be a bit OP
  • I think with the water physics, the same rules should apply as per the cave base - "do not require people to swim while cracking keypads and do not make the enemy raiders have to defend themselves while swimming"

I agree with everything here except making it the same size as a hobo hut. A base should be bigger than that. Also since it’s not on the street it’s not like you’re gonna be blocking anything anyways. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
On 12/3/2023 at 3:46 PM, Vortex said:

-Nerve gas

I also forgot to add;

-Can sailors place their boats next to each other? Should there be a minimum gap between boats in order to avoid bigger connected bases?
-Can your boat be on the water underneath the dock?

-During the Christmas map, are you still allowed to place your boat dupe on the ice?

Edited by Vortex

-1 if there can’t be Vehicles or transport then there’s no need for any type or sort of transportation in here.I see the fishing job would fit this but didn’t that  job didn’t got denied? Having a base on water sounds interesting on the notebook but i would see no point other than sitting down farm and moving island to small island to island.

• Disagree 1