is Star Wars any good??

Dog.

• Community Director
26 minutes ago, Dog. said:

I want to play The Star Wars server. I want to know if it's any good last time I played it I couldn't even fly the plane. lmao

Today we hit a record of 98 players, which is a record high for the server, outside of when it was first launched with Myself, Bishop, Special and, Garnet (109 is the all-time). 
hvok2uktvd.png

But other than that, the community is VERY welcoming, and overall a great group of people. 

If you like roleplay, Starwars is for you. They focus heavy on the emersion aspect from the times ive played. With a good community (better then mrp) youll have a good time. Plus conway is there to hold your hand.

• StarWarsRP Management Team

Ill give a short description of every battalion that's in the SWRP server.

501st - Front line battalion, want to be in the action and frontlines? Want to drive a TX-427 which is a more artillery-focused tank? Go for the 501st. (Theres other sub-batts but they can be explained by the sub-batt leads)

212th - Same as 501st, sister battalion. Want to drive an AT-TE which is very front-lined heavy? Want to join a sub batt purely focused on Jetpacks? Go for 212th.

104th - Want to do some QRF (Quick Response Force) and hostage negotiation, want to use mortars? Go for 104th 

327th - Want to slow down the battle and drive the IFT-X? Go for 327th.

41st - Want to do some scouting and sniping and drive the BARC Speeder? Go for the 41st.

CG - Want to enforce base rules and arrest anyone who gets in your way? Go for CG.

Navy - Want to command the entire server during off worlds and base attacks? Go for Navy.

Jedi - Want to wield a Lightsaber and do some funky shit with force powers? Go for Jedi (Though Jedi is a VIP battalion and you will have to go through a trial to join.)

Very short explanations that can easily be explained by other people but still, I'd rather give you a description before you join a battalion. 501st, 212th and CG have three sub-batts and the others (excluding Jedi and Navy) have two.

Right now, we are doing the Frosty Collection which is an expansion of our Christmas collection, to make a crate for the items, it costs roughly over 9,000 credits to make a crate! This is our third collection and won't be our final collection. Both our map and armour are custom-made only for this server which brings uniqueness which is unheard of in other SWRP servers. We also had MDS (Model Design Studio) for the players who want their own unique and custom armour made by Garnet (Which is on hold for a while as Garnet has to work on each individually and there's a couple left.) 

Not gonna lie, it looks super sweet. Content updates remind me of an Early Access game that already has the bells and whistles, but continues to polish and add to what works in a way the community always seems content.

Call me stupid or whatever you'd like but I tried to join, two or three times, and figure out what it was I needed to do. After reading through a tutorial or menu or whatever (think it was a bigass 3d2d textscreen?), I tried hard to get someone to train me. This was a while ago, we're talking at least 6 months. I found out, outside of the server, that I could take a "test" to be allowed to play the server. Even after taking it, I couldn't find someone to train me or whatever it was that was necessary to join a faction or what have you. I would not consider myself a Garry's Mod newbie by any means, and I was familiar with quite a bit of staff at the time (being DRP staff myself) but none of this was enough.

Is it different now? Based on the population I assume so. But I had quite a "disconnected" experience trying to get into this server as a noob versus trying to get into a server like DarkRP for instance: where RP canon is not heavily enforced, a deep understanding of lore is not required, and someone is able to just play the game without intervention from higher ranks or staff.

I can definitely see why it's hard to jump into a server like this versus other gamemodes.

But if you're a Star Wars buff, or if you're willing to learn a lot of lore in order to RP with what seems like an increasing population of unique individuals and regulars, it's probably worth your time to invest. Doesn't seem like it's going anywhere at least for a long time.

3 hours ago, Failed401 said:

Right now, we are doing the Frosty Collection which is an expansion of our Christmas collection, to make a crate for the items, it costs roughly over 9,000 credits to make a crate! This is our third collection and won't be our final collection. Both our map and armour are custom-made only for this server which brings uniqueness which is unheard of in other SWRP servers. We also had MDS (Model Design Studio) for the players who want their own unique and custom armour made by Garnet (Which is on hold for a while as Garnet has to work on each individually and there's a couple left.) 

This sounds really cool!

But from an outsider perspective: I don't know what a Credit is, what the crate would contain, or what a collection is. A short explanation of some of these topics might make it easier to understand from the POV of someone who doesn't already play and earn credits for crates. Lastly, hearing that any 'collection' is a seasonal offering instills more of a FOMO vibe than a fun thing to earn, when there isn't a solid deadline provided and no information beyond such things provided.

Very much different now, we have had a lot of players who have established themselves on the server (Including me) over the last couple of months and the same with returning players too. @AlexConway has said it best, SWRP is how you make of it, not everyone is gonna enjoy the server the same way as you.  

Very happy to see SWRP popping off. The commitment and dedication to bringing this server back every time and making it better than the last should show anyone how good the server is.

Archived