Trusted Member System

• DarkRP Administration Team
4 hours ago, AlexConway said:

either because they didn’t get selected

Dont make it a selection, make criteria that people need to obtain.

IE: Server hours, fourms rep/rank

And give it to staff ofc ❤️

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Community Director
1 hour ago, Danny_The_Dog said:

Dont make it a selection, make criteria that people need to obtain.

IE: Server hours, fourms rep/rank

And give it to staff ofc ❤️

This is 20x worse than having Merk, Executives, Admins, etc pick. It's nothing on them, just the whole pick me scenario I previously mentioned

Edited by AlexConway
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, AlexConway said:

This is 20x worse than having Merk, Executives, Admins, etc pick. It's nothing on them, just the whole pick me scenario I previously mentioned

And applying for staff is literally a pick me scenario lol, i dont see any negative reason for people to apply for the role and getting +1 for it.

𝐞𝐗𝐠 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐄𝐱-𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏-𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

spacer.png

" I'm You "

Edited 13 hours ago by PIague

10 hours ago, AlexConway said:

You mention one singular person, vs a competitive system of people who would actively pursue this. People are going to be upset, either because they didn’t get selected, they feel it’s unfair, or because someone they don’t like got picked for it. 

13 hours ago, PIague said:

the community director before you proggy had a trusted member TheDudeAbides, he had moderator permissions without having a sit quota or applying on the forums, purely just to keep trouble away from late night hours

If were going to be honest here, We have always had people like that on MRP and DRP. As far back as I remember we did; Usually they were staff at one point; or someone who was temporarily set during night hours and revoked in the morning; Some being set to "Reserve" Staff. So its not to say this would be a new thing, unsure if is done anymore but there was zero issue before. The issue you brought up about people being upset that they didnt get picked, well.... Not everyone should get a participation trophy life is not fair. 

2 hours ago, Gildarts said:

If were going to be honest here, We have always had people like that on MRP and DRP. As far back as I remember we did; Usually they were staff at one point; or someone who was temporarily set during night hours and revoked in the morning; Some being set to "Reserve" Staff. So its not to say this would be a new thing, unsure if is done anymore but there was zero issue before. The issue you brought up about people being upset that they didnt get picked, well.... Not everyone should get a participation trophy life is not fair. 

didn't even know this and it makes my point better, if they're scared of backlash its understandable, but if they're scared of change what is the point of suggestions, a large majority of current suggestions in progress are just minor bug fixes, buffs and nerfs that should just be fixed/added anyway in updates. its questionable how much they care about the player base if they cant consider a system based on trusting their members with something that is boosting player morale and possibly a larger community for those who like building.

12 hours ago, AlexConway said:

I’m not disagreeing that there should be more things to work towards, but I also think there are way more systems geared towards veteran/long term players, and way less towards new players (who are more crucial in growing the community). 

and to be honest the server is more newbie sided with delivery man and gun dealing, it only takes about an hour to level up to level 25 with delivery man and printers to use meth manufacturer which every veteran uses past that point, printers and meth are only efficient way to make money and level up, there is basically no difference in the grind for VIP+ and users except the last 6 printer upgrades are VIP+

𝐞𝐗𝐠 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐞

spacer.png

" I'm You "

• The Garnut
On 1/30/2024 at 10:27 AM, AlexConway said:

I think some people have forgotten, the restriction of almost all of the tools listed is not for a lack of trust, but a server stability choice. If you’d like this change to happen, it comes with a guarantee that there will be more crashes.

Are you really willing to have your progress gone in a blink of an eye due to a vphysics crash because someone did something wonky with hydraulics or unfroze a prop and it got stuck in the map?

As for the whole trusted part of this: Tenured players still abuse things, we have long term players get banned frequently, and even staff members removed for abuse on occasion.

@Plague this guy fed you 1000000% correct information and you hit disagree on his post, which makes no sense.

When these tools were open to VIPs back in 2015, they'd get raided, and abuse hydraulics, ropes, and many others to cause a crash in order to get back at the raiders, or re-obtain their printers. I understand the frustration of wanting access to these tools, and being denied, but unfortunately this isn't happening. Our server has been harmed by long-time players who decided to quit more than by any minge or hacker who we've come across.

18 hours ago, PIague said:

its questionable how much they care about the player base if they cant consider a system based on trusting their members with something that is boosting player morale and possibly a larger community for those who like building.

I care enough to provide you a server for free and maintain the piss out of it across almost 10 years, that is just so stupidly insulting to say I don't care based off of your one suggestion. If you are upset about hydraulics and ropes, go ahead, be my guest. Fact of the matter is, I don't think you can find a server with even half our population that allows for these tools without damn near hourly crashes? - otherwise you'd be playing there.

Edited by Nutter
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3
19 hours ago, PIague said:

. its questionable how much they care about the player base if they cant consider a system based on trusting their members with something that is boosting player morale and possibly a larger community for those who like building.

😭😭😭 Mane wdf- that logic is questionable, there's literally 100 million ways to 'boost player morale' I love the focus on high frame rate with low chances of some shit getting abused on the server. All this will do is add un-necessary performance impacting shit. We've had superadmins abuse powers in completely mind blowing ways after playing for years.

Edited by Horse
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, Nutter said:

When these tools were open to VIPs back in 2015, they'd get raided, and abuse hydraulics, ropes, and many others to cause a crash in order to get back at the raiders, or re-obtain their printers. I understand the frustration of wanting access to these tools, and being denied, but unfortunately this isn't happening. Our server has been harmed by long-time players who decided to quit more than by any minge or hacker who we've come across.

After almost a decade of removal of these tools you still don't think there's any form of redemption for this new crowd in the community?, I know for a fact that of all people, you would know the amount of toxic and untrustworthy members there were in this community during the og years back when racism and homophobia was taken a blind eye to, sure people abused it back then and ruined it for everyone else but you seriously think that there's not even a second chance for this brand new community after 9 years to have these tools reimbursed to applied members that need a background check, ban log search and overall a reputation review?. back then those tools were open to use for VIP and weren't distributed strictly, I for sure wouldn't trust people back then with them, but this new community in the server is probably in most calm state i've ever seen it been in. I saw people that had a passion in building on here and wanted more tools to build with, I tried to get extended ways to build for this server again like the old days but if you still have no trust that they will be responsible then fair enough.

I tried to ask for a second chance for people but if your decision is final i respect it.

𝐞𝐗𝐠 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐞

spacer.png

" I'm You "

On 1/29/2024 at 11:46 PM, PIague said:

Trusted Member System

Description

• Only specific people have access to this role by strict distribution. - Strictly assigned through applying for this role with specified requirements e.g. (Review of reputation/Past disciplinary actions, Interview with high ranking members of staff who have authority to grant said role, Members of staff could vote for applying members role, Playtime on server may come into account of a decision.)

• Examples of perk use in RP. - Hydraulic use could be put towards levitating platforms or a launching hobo build, Buoyancy could be put to use for boat crafts or floating bridges, Wheels and ball sockets could be used for transport like a bus if someone wanted to rp as a bus driver, Ropes can be used for hanging props up for decoration or a parkour event.

Reasons

• Benefits for the server. -  Higher motivation for building as a whole, more elaborate building techniques, extended freedom in regards to roleplay (Which would boost player base morale).

• Benefits of the trusted member role would be privileges to access previously blocked tools. - Garnets Darkrp has always had a bland building experience with limited permissions due to the lack of trust of its players base but has never considered a trusted member role with permissions to use disabled tools e.g. (Hydraulics, Wheels, Ropes, Buoyancy, Ability to unfreeze props etc).

Additional Information

In conclusion, the addition of the trusted member system would benefit both the server and the players that are granted the role by expanding roleplay options in the server ranging anywhere from new gambling techniques, extended roleplay for hobos, participation in events designing parkour, Roulette, Challenges, Deathmatch and possibly stages for talent shows incase game masters aren't confident in building. With thesextended permissions, server events could easily be morexciting by introducing new ideas/designs from the trusted members.

If you really think you want to do more just apply for staff. And most of the things that you mentioned are only given to Super Admins. So if anything that would be something done by garnet. Even in a very hypothetical scenario if was the SA of the server I wouldn't trust anyone besides myself and the owner to use those tools. The risk of crashing the server outweighs any point mentioned in this post. 

Basically, your suggestion is to give access to stuff and have no responsibility of staff duties. which is already a huge red flag.  

Edited by Smity_
  • The Garnut
12 minutes ago, PIague said:

After almost a decade of removal of these tools you still don't think there's any form of redemption for this new crowd in the community?, I know for a fact that of all people, you would know the amount of toxic and untrustworthy members there were in this community during the og years back when racism and homophobia was taken a blind eye to, sure people abused it back then and ruined it for everyone else but you seriously think that there's not even a second chance for this brand new community after 9 years to have these tools reimbursed to applied members that need a background check, ban log search and overall a reputation review?. back then those tools were open to use for VIP and weren't distributed strictly, I for sure wouldn't trust people back then with them, but this new community in the server is probably in most calm state i've ever seen it been in. I saw people that had a passion in building on here and wanted more tools to build with, I tried to get extended ways to build for this server again like the old days but if you still have no trust that they will be responsible then fair enough.

I tried to ask for a second chance for people but if your decision is final i respect it.

But I really don't understand man.. you now latched onto the fact that it's been 9 years, when my only mention of that timeframe was how long i've been providing free updates for.

No, it doesn't matter that as a whole Garry's Mod (and the internet as a whole) made a shift from laughing at racism, to shunning at racism. 20 years could pass and the nature of people doesn't change much. I hate to make an example out of somebody, but 2 individuals in this exact post who are responding to you saying it's a bad idea, had up and left one day after years of activity within our  community, and caused a pretty big division in players/overall damage to the server, whether intentionally or not. 

I even re-reviewed your post again, and unfortunately, the only portion of it that I could see working out in the first place is the "Rope" tool; our server has an extensive prop protection system that does not work with hydraulics and ball sockets, I can get on the server and show you how non-viable it is.

If you can think of something you'd like added besides those 3, feel free to quote me and follow-up.

Again, as of right now, the only viable addition would be the rope tool

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • DarkRP Administration Team
8 hours ago, Nutter said:

Again, as of right now, the only viable addition would be the rope tool

I like the idea of the rope tool making a return, providing of course it doesn't cause a detriment to server performance. I remember back in the days in DarkRP, people would spend hours making some really neat artwork on their bases, with some exceptionally talented artists using this tool! Of course, there was also minges stringing it aimlessly around the streets too, just something to consider if it was brought back. But if it can work, I'd plus-one that part of this.

As for hydraulics, wheels, etc - simple mistakes such as misjudging the distance to extend / contract can cause props to have a fit, causing a ton of collisions a second, and that's without considering malicious intent. So even if we lived in a perfect world where everyone used the tools as intended, I do still worry that may cause a problem, as others have said already.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1
  • DarkRP Management Team

Denied

You have been provided with several constructive reasons why the risk factor to accepting something like this greatly outweighs the benefits on an individual scale, we appreciate your time and effort in making this post and all those who left constructive feedback in discussion of why this would or would not work, but at this time, this is not something we have any interest in implicating.

Thank you for your time.

• Like 2