DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Add cloak ability for staff

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]So on MRP we could go cloak/invisible if we needed to fly around or do events and I think it could be helpful for admin+ for when they do not need to spectate someone or if they just wanna fly around doing base checks. I don't know if it would be easy to add or not but I just thought it might be an idea to help out from time to time.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] It would benefit staff sometimes but it could only be used by high ranking staff so that it cant be abused by anyone

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE] i have no additional information cause its pretty straight forward

• Community Director
On 2/21/2024 at 12:53 PM, tdizz said:

this is already a feature for higher up staff.

On 2/21/2024 at 1:43 AM, BINLADINHOE said:

This already exists whiskey…

10 hours ago, Fatgood said:

-1 this is already a thing brosky

Incorrect - Cloak is not available on DarkRP.

qt2m3s0w34.png

But nor should it be added, this would easily be abused. If staff want to do a random base check (I'm not sure why they would), someone can go on duty and do so; there's no reason it would need to be concealed or secretive.

Edited by AlexConway
  • Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2
55 minutes ago, AlexConway said:

If staff want to do a random base check (I'm not sure why they would)

FUNNILY ENOUGH THIS IS NOT ALLOWED!

This wasn't allowed when I was staff a bit ago if it's allowed now then apologies but I am pretty sure it directly is said in the staff rules one of the first things that we were taught is not to do any base checking unless a report is put in lol

On 2/21/2024 at 12:16 AM, Whiskeyy said:

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]So on MRP we could go cloak/invisible if we needed to fly around or do events and I think it could be helpful for admin+ for when they do not need to spectate someone or if they just wanna fly around doing base checks. I don't know if it would be easy to add or not but I just thought it might be an idea to help out from time to time.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] It would benefit staff sometimes but it could only be used by high ranking staff so that it cant be abused by anyone

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE] i have no additional information cause its pretty straight forward

But on MRP cloak was used for gamemastering thats it lol the point of cloak was just to hide the camera playermodel that GMs had. Cloak isn't needed nor wanted by staff just pointless to bring to DRP imo I genuinely can not think of any reasons staff would require cloak for DRP 😄

Edited by Fetn
4 hours ago, AlexConway said:

Incorrect - Cloak is not available on DarkRP.

So the command “Cloak” isn’t a thing but higher up staff do have the ability to go completely invisible as I have seen it done which has essentially the exact same results as if cloak was added 

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Management Team

Denied
I cannot foresee the benefits of this addition outweighing the risk for potential abuse, especially due to certain recent allegations against staff members peering into sit rooms where they were not invited. 

Edited by Merk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1