DarkRP Development Progress [Month of February, 2024]

• The Garnut

FORUMSLOGO.png.2cad7e8fecf6348eb33c07dd7

As explained last month, our optimizations updates are now officially done, and in the future please expect strictly content related updates with new roles that we have planned! can't wait for the average DarkRP server to start copying our unique new roles soon. Going to have a phasmophobia-like ghost husting system for bored prestiged users.

Server Roles

NEW Pianist New

Can spawn in a donation box and playable Piano

image.thumb.png.3a49af4cba5372d4cbe74331bb390736.png

Given the Pianist the capability to physgun their own Piano

DJ

Added Donation Box

Hobo

XP has been added as a feature of Dumpster Diving

High levels Hobos spawn in with fists

Server Content

The entirety of our server's content has been compressed down to 250MB utilizing the first Python script I had written in years 😄

Our no downloads tag stands true, as we now have literally less than a minute of download times upon initial connection for our average client!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3146590198

By doing so we did not compromise the quality of ANY of our addons, instead, we added more content

Text Screen Tool

Re-written with optimization in mind

Added a 78 character limit per room to textscreens in order to avoid mingery

Logging Suite

After many months of trying to further develop our logging system to be more robust, I threw the towel and decided to re-adapt a logging system we used on MilitaryRP back in 2017. This logging system features scene recreation, allowing staff to know each and every detail that took place in a firefight, allowing them to make more educated decisions and call out those scummy liars amongst you guys 

Poop System

Added a chance to deliver a healthy white baby when pooping

Poop cooldown has been reduced from 35 seconds to an average of 17 due to popularity

PM Notifications

Updated to be reflective of the notifications found on our StarwarsRP server

5f8a12f719f86e9a569f8005ba0a9e35.png

Server Restarts

Added automated notifications to allow a 10 minute grace period to those unaware of a restart coming up

Bugs and Miscellaneous

Fixed COVID infection persisting after a player's death

Removed the ability for Drug Manufacturing jobs to utilize /mug

Removed a very peculiar word from the Crack purchasing NPC

Corrected issues where players could unbind retry, and thus avoid being removed from the server when banned

Corrected issue where prisoner model would persist after being released from Jail

Removed the ability for the mayor's wife to be arrested

Corrected issue where Keypad could be faded via the fading door tool in order to avoid being raided

Re-wrote the command /removeprop for Admins+

The F4 Menu now reflects the correct content pack for our server

For Mac users, or Windows users without F keys, the commands /ps and /pointshop have been added in order to open Pointshop

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 1
  • DarkRP Management Team

now go take a day off. >:^(

(but fr thank you for all the time you've put into this, I personally know how hard you've pushed and appreciate you giving us that attention in the recent months. 🙂)

To the DarkRP community: plenty more in the works, stay tuned for new additions and keep suggestions coming our way. 😄 

• Like 1

Very cool this server has active development going on, would be great to see this server have its own custom map not the same version of downtown every other server is running. Not to mention its was developed for another dark-rp community and has it in the name.

• Like 1
  • Community Director
Just now, devilsbrother said:

would be great to see this server have its own custom map not the same version of downtown every other server is running

Funny enough - we have one, Garnet made one, everyone overwhelmingly requested this version.

• The Garnut
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, devilsbrother said:

Very cool this server has active development going on, would be great to see this server have its own custom map not the same version of downtown every other server is running. Not to mention its was developed for another dark-rp community and has it in the name.

As Conway has mentioned, I had my own version of the downtown map with huge FPS optimizations, long before this map was even out. Players don't favor playing on maps they're not 10000% familiar with, and are not as likely to download new maps.

Edited by Nutter
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
On 2/29/2024 at 5:47 PM, Nutter said:

Logging Suite

After many months of trying to further develop our logging system to be more robust, I threw the towel and decided to re-adapt a logging system we used on MilitaryRP back in 2017. This logging system features scene recreation, allowing staff to know each and every detail that took place in a firefight, allowing them to make more educated decisions and call out those scummy liars amongst you guys 

HljA7GM.png

For real though, the old logs served us proud for a long time and I have some fond memories using them, but these new logs are a real help (especially in certain cases). Thank you! 🙂

Keep up the awesome work

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 3/1/2024 at 1:47 AM, Nutter said:

Can spawn in a donation box and playable Piano

cant let my Asian blood talent wasted, i will get on for this soon

• Haha 2