DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Nomad's Departure.

As you can see, this is my final goodbye.

I have had a wonderful time on this server, that unfortunately was ruined towards the end of my time here.

I am resigning for three reasons.

1. I have lost interest in the sever as it is no longer fun, due to the people on it, and Garry's Mod in general.

2. My mental health. I can only take so much verbal abuse before I've reached my limit, and I have reached it thanks to some of the dedicated people of this community.

3. I have been here for almost a year, and in that time the people I once called friends either left or turned out to be assholes, and I no longer belong in any group here.

Vandal will now be assuming active command of Delta Force.

@Shephard McSwiggity  Thank you for caring about this faction more than everyone else who lead it. You are a true friend and someone everybody on this community should inspire to be. You where there for Delta when the other commanders did nothing, or tried to change it into a husk of a faction.

Thank you to those who have been actual friends to me on this server.

To all my old friends in 75R.

When I get to heaven, Saint Peter's gonna say "How'd you earn your livin' boy? How'd you earn your pay?" I'll reply with a whole lot of anger, "I made my living as an Airborne Ranger!" 

This is Former 75R 3BAT CW4 Mitchel, signing off.

Dang, you just going to resign within 24 hours of me resigning like that (jk).

Sad to see you go man, was fun hanging out with you in ts while I was in Delta.

Future advice though man: Ignore haters. simple as that. No matter what you do in life, someone is going to chastise you over it more than likely. If you let the verbal abuse get to you, you will never be happy. I know it is easier than it looks, but it is truly a good lifestyle to live by.

Goodbye my friend, 

Even before joining Delta Force I always looked up to you guys and held you guys with the upmost respect despite what other people said. This respect fueled my desire to be apart of this faction and pushed me to improve myself and other aspects that would help me pass tryouts be it Spetz time, OC time, or any other form of obstacle that was apart of tryouts back on the old desert map. I first met many of the old faction members in the final phase of my tryouts - all whom I also came to know as friends. My first interaction with you was after the completion of my tryout in which you gave me a ridiculous code-name which left me in a state of shock even though I had finally achieved my goal of becoming a DF operator, despite that fact I still to this day wear the rank proudly and would not have grown into the person I have become without your leadership and friendship. 

Good luck with any future endeavors you have, and feel free to message me on steam if you ever wish to play any games - also try and hop into teamspeak from time to time so we can play more single player. 

To the now ex Colonel of Delta Force,

/me Salutes with upmost respect.

@GG | Vandal You got some big shoes to fill, no worries man Ill help you every step of the way.

1 hour ago, Duel said:

I'm going to be 100% real with you, hopefully you'll check back and see the replies.

I think most, if not all the criticism that pushed you into making this decision and feeling isolated came from, at least from my perspective on it all, a severe disconnect between you and the people under you. At least from my perspective, I think you took a much too callous approach to how you were to take command of DF, and I understand why you'd potentially want to go that route, with DF being the flagship of US capability, I think it caused huge issues however, because your lack of personal connection and trust with your fellow members was something I noticed from time to time. Perhaps that's where some inactivity spikes during your time as leader came from? What kept me playing on the server time and time again is the friends I made on Teamspeak and in-game, going through the troubles of keeping a faction alive, fighting in wars- it was because the experience was shared that the enjoyment took its home. Maybe a callous form of leadership is necessary in the real world, but remember this is a game, and the most synergized team is a team of friends - no one is afraid of speaking their mind, everyone wants to hop on together and play, and communication flows naturally. 

Anyhow, that's looking at a brighter possibility out of a few that, honestly, I hold with serious skepticism. For all I know, you could've just been an asshole sitting on his rank, but I'm not willing to pass off speculations as deductive axioms- I already have enough pricks in my Philosophy field doing just that, I'd rather not be another. 

Best of luck with whatever you do next Mitch, 

1stSFOD Guts

I tried to allow the guys below me to pretty much have reign over the faction, which sometimes worked and sometimes didn't.

Thank you for the words of encouragement Duel, best of luck to you too.

@Vibe   Idc, I'm not going to be on the server for a long time.