DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MilitaryRP] CSCDesert Valentines Day Event

Vote now!  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Bring back CSCDesert starting Valetines day, through the end of the weekend?

• Yes please, I love me a flat blinding map
    • No, i'm not retarded
    • My penis is small

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/14/2019 at 04:12 AM

1 minute ago, [GG] Admin | Cameron said:

Bro it peaked like high 50’s on a Friday night 

something’s wrong

First off, highly doubt this. it's mid 60 right now on a Tuesday night. Secondly, even if your right and there is something wrong, blaming an individual for why the server is dying is grossly naive

• 300 IQ 3
35 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

First off, highly doubt this. it's mid 60 right now on a Tuesday night. Secondly, even if your right and there is something wrong, blaming an individual for why the server is dying is grossly naive

it maxed at 60 like 1-2 hours ago 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Duel said:

No of course, he's by no means the sole reason behind why the server's dying, that'd be stupid for me to assert. I don't know why you're quoting "evidence" and "peaking back", I hope it's not to mock, but yeah man, the server is by no means vibrant at the moment, and of all things to argue against, you're going to take the stance that the server is alive and well? Really? Come on man. My issue with Ethan is that faction leaders are supposed to be the main line of defense in retaining numbers, and the fact that the numbers have been slowly dwindling these past 6 months is as much a reflection on guys like him than Garnet himself.  I'd be critical on all of you if I knew as much, but I know how Ethan leads more than anyone else on the server currently and sees its effects with my own eyes, so yeah, I'll go after him. 

My stance isn't that the server is performing the best, it's obviously not. However, I think close to dead is pretty dramatic. And i'm not  meaning to mock at all, Ethan leading a year ago isn't ethan leading today. Both SSO and GRU are competent  factions in war, maybe SSO more so than GRU. However, you have cleared up a bit, from first read it appears you're shifting the blame entirely or atleast unfairly on Ethan. Love him or hate him, he was there to keep those factions alive when no one else was. Sure GRU isn't in the best place rn, but it's better than the cluster fuck that happened after Lua left. In all things, it's always easier to play the critic instead of actually trying to get up and fix something.

8 minutes ago, Duel said:

Yeah you're right, I have 0 patience for Ethan and I don't like him to say the least, but I don't think me calling him out at all was "pointless slander", there were plenty of points I made during it. 

I understand the points you were making, but the way you make points definitely matter, even if you're right, if you're super toxic during it, that person isn't even listening anymore. They're too pissed off with you dissing them to take the points seriously.

11 minutes ago, Duel said:

Ever ask yourself why the people don't get on aside from once in a few months? The only people who've put themselves in an obligatory position to be active despite the good and bad of the server are Executive staff members, and faction leaders, since your jobs are to respectively make sure the server runs smoothly and the factions run smoothly. If players don't get on, it's not their fault for finding reason not to, it's your faults for not giving them reason to stay and keep playing. If you want to keep antagonizing people who don't play on it though, and turn a blind eye on the population issue on the server, by alll means feel free

My pet peeve with this is the person who has the most to say with whats wrong with the server doesn't even play. I'd refer once more to  
" it's always easier to play the critic instead of actually trying to get up and fix something."

12 minutes ago, Duel said:

One instance doesn't prove anything, and mid 60 as a high point is anything to flaunt about. During the weekend, either Saturday or Sunday I believe, it didn't peak past 45 players. It's about consistency. 

And i'm aware of this. I said that to make a point that Cameron's 1 experience of 1 Friday night can not draw the conclusion of "the server is dead"

Thanks for the response Duel, glad to clear a lot of that up

I feel like going back to csdesert would be the right move in the scope of this server. 

This server is pretty much a TDM server with very little RP. While efforts were made beforehand to introduce RP through different maps and leadership changes throughout the year, nothing really worked. Everyone played on garnet in 2017 for two reasons. War and hanging out with your faction and friends in TS. RP was never a thing except the occasional kidnap or job change in debrief (squads). After rapid changes in maps, starting with charharikar (I think that’s what it was called), the community attempted a more RP based approach, which in turn brought a heavy decrease in the servers population over the last year. People just got burnt out quicker at failed attempts of RP. This is especially true for veteran players that loved the dynamics of the server back in 2016 and 2017. I agree that csdesert is a pretty shitty map, but after Garnet began mapping for himself he learned a few things and can apply what he learned to make the map better, probably through more objectives, better lighting, etc. 

While it may be bland for some players to revert to csdesert, it is simply what works best with the  way the server holds, such as gun changes, movement, etc. 

So in my opinion going back to our beloved csdesert will not only being veteran players back ( like myself and many other), but will overtime stabilize the population of the server back it what it was in 2017. I lived for the days that the server reached 128/128 on a Friday at 4 PM even when people were still in school. 

• Like 4
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Winner 1