DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MilitaryRP Update [2/16/2019]

Nutter

Well garnet you have like you said 2 options go more RP oriented server or stick with the classic GG TDM Style server. 

Personally I would say go with the RP route. The issue with that though is you would seriously need to buckle down and talk with the staff team on the best way to do it. The RP route is the best way to bring content on the server and will make more players stay they just need stuff to do. I’m glad you’ve changed your stance on it. If I could recommend it I would say stick with the classic GG CS Desert until you work all the kinks and bugs on how to introduce more RP into the server and when you get to the point how you want the server to play then I would make a map that best suites the play style. 

I have a lot of suggestions and will be willing to share once you make up your mind on which way you choose to go

• 300 IQ 1
  • The Garnut
4 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Well garnet you have like you said 2 options go more RP oriented server or stick with the classic GG TDM Style server. 

Personally I would say go with the RP route. The issue with that though is you would seriously need to buckle down and talk with the staff team on the best way to do it. The RP route is the best way to bring content on the server and will make more players stay they just need stuff to do. I’m glad you’ve changed your stance on it. If I could recommend it I would say stick with the classic GG CS Desert until you work all the kinks and bugs on how to introduce more RP into the server and when you get to the point how you want the server to play then I would make a map that best suites the play style. 

I have a lot of suggestions and will be willing to share once you make up your mind on which way you choose to go

I appreciate your input Cameron, ultimately it comes down to the playerbase which route we take, personally, I have grown to prefer the more casual play-style which involves a small amount of roleplay inside your country's respective base, and constant action outside. I opt for minimal interaction between the two countries to introduce "HEALTHY" hostility/competition, as opposed to OOC toxicity.

Ideally I would like to get started on mapping as soon as possible because with my schedule it may take MONTHS before we even see anything. Seeing CSCdesert on the server physically pains me.

• Like 3
  • The Garnut
1 minute ago, Shibe said:

What Jackal said.

5 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Everything he has in this google doc I agree with 100 percent.

for future reference, there's a reaction bar for a reason buddies, please avoid adding unnecessary bulk to the thread 🙂 Thank you!

• Friendly 1
  • Winner 1
  • The Garnut
3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Is the map that was teased 9/26 a no-go now?

I have still got all the assets for it, but i'm not sure how receptive the playerbase will be to an urban warfare map in a city. I'm not willing to dedicate another second of my time to a map that will likely be poorly reviewed and reverted back to CSCdesert.

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin
5 minutes ago, Garnet said:

I have still got all the assets for it, but i'm not sure how receptive the playerbase will be to an urban warfare map in a city. I'm not willing to dedicate another second of my time to a map that will likely be poorly reviewed and reverted back to CSCdesert.

Makes sense.

Personally I think Desert in its current state has its flaws as a map and I’d be open to seeing an updated version of the map. Ultimately my vote will go to whatever brings in the most players because 100 players on a map that’s moderately favored by veterans is better than 70 players on a map they love. At least imo.

• The Garnut
1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Makes sense.

Personally I think Desert in its current state has its flaws as a map and I’d be open to seeing an updated version of the map. Ultimately my vote will go to whatever brings in the most players because 100 players on a map that’s moderately favored by veterans is better than 70 players on a map they love. At least imo.

Well, sounds to me like its time to get a thread with polls going for our next map's design.

• Like 1
  • Winner 3
  • The Garnut
1 minute ago, Duel said:

Siberia isn't a horrible map, my guess is that the issues with it have to do with player speed making it more difficult landing shots, the general power of most weapons currently killing players quickly, and add onto the fact that Siberia has a  million areas to hide + 3rd person, and you start seeing people leave because they don't enjoy wars. 

In my opinion, the only edits Siberia needs is some changes to the mountains, making them inaccessible to climb on top. Everything else on that end are quick stat changes, from movement speed to gun handling, etc. (possibly the return of vehicles to compensate for slower player movement speed?) Removing third person, or at least swapping for another one that didn't allow for shooting in 3rd person, might be better in this case. Siberia the map anybody in the community should want to go for if they prefer immersion in combat.

Cscdesert is an arena map, and as much as people want to jerk off to the good old days, the map as it's always been has issues. You probably already figured, but you'd need to find a way to provide a bunch of map filling that made sense with the terrain to compensate for the sniper meta somehow so that new recruits don't get frustrated and leave right away. Peeps that are saying to leave cscdesert as it is, if there are any, are seriously forgetting the issues cscdesert brought that led us to this point to begin with. But yeah, if you want to go the casual route, probably best to stick with desert.

My opinion's pretty indifferent on which route people want to go in, I think if done well, both styles would be really nice to play on. I don't think 24/7 war though is the right way to go from a playerbase perspective; you'd be directly competing with what Icefuse and Superior are doing with their servers, and my guess would be that you'd see more of the same with how the numbers have been looking the past few months. The timed war's competitive edge is the backbone of the server in my eyes, and removing it would do nothing but hurt it. There are other ways to fill time in without resorting to it. 

If only we had more players in the community putting in the amount of dedication you pour into your posts. As far as Siberia, it seemed to be overshadowed heavily by Taiga and CSCdesert, and I do not think supporting a switch back to a "fixed" version of Siberia would go down well. You brought up a great point with peace time being a major advantage over other communities, however, currently it doesn't look to me like that time is being utilized to the server's advantage, and it's typically spent AFKing or fucking about. 

A healthy medium between CSCDesert's playstyle and Taiga/Siberia's?  maybe, but more than likely far too unrealistic to achieve.

• Like 1