Explosive Fix

Towelie

Add friendly fire to explosives in war  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

With all the controversy surrounding nades right now, I was thinking it might be smart to go back to having explosives damage teammates in war.  This will prevent nade spam as well as force people with explosives more discipline to avoid friendly fire.  This would go for donor classes as well.  I really think that this could solve the problem because it would stop people from blindly chucking nades into OBJs due to the fact that it could accidentally clear out a friendly force.

Edited by Towelie
  • 300 IQ 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

I feel a little iffy about this. The number of teamkills would be a LOT. There would need to be a rule in place concerning punishments of TKing, if we have any hope of this fix impacting nade usage. Warns, bans, player frustration will all increase if this is the route we take. Yes explosive spamming is a braindead strat that I'm not a fan of. Yes it needs to be addressed and fixed ASAP. But I feel this solution is not the best route for us to take. Plus I think the coding for that would be just as difficult, if not more, than coding for the nade nerfs themselves.

Head's in the right place but I don't think this is the solution.

• Like 3

ight guys, my $50 donator classes, my explosive WL that I failed tryouts for but I got them. Lucky enough to not hit the 3 player limit on it, let's throw some nades and get the the feeds made.

wait
NO YOU STUPID PVT I SAID I THREW A GRENADE WTF NOOO
damn, what a dumb guy

oh shit i just killed my CO accidentally

yo guys, wanna see a feed?

fuck i killed our enlisted

it aint good idea, only the decent (and rich) players get to have explosives so at least they should at least spam them.

Also people are too dumb to learn from their mistakes sometimes, they need a wakeup

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

The number of teamkills would be a LOT.

Yes it would and I do agree that we need a way to stop people nade spamming.

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

it would stop people from blindly chucking nades into OBJs due to the fact that it could accidentally clear out a friendly force

Yes it would but it would be very annoying if you're the one that just got cleared out by a friendly.

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin
14 minutes ago, .br0ken said:

If nades were to be limited like the matador rockets

That's what I mentioned in the other post concerning nade nerfs. I feel that is the best way to solve the overall issue.

The biggest issue with nades is that people are spamming them, not that they are killing people at unreasonable distances. The reason grenades seem strong, is because the risk of throwing all 7, or 12 if you used an F4 crate, is minimal. The only threat is that someone peaks you while you throw. However the biggest grenade cheeses are inside of comms and over the hills near TC, where the threat of being peaked is next to none. Comms especially is a snooze fest once two-three grenadiers get inside it's next to impossible to breach without a perfect grenade of your own or a snipe with a matador from the E hill. I think once we make people use their nades more sparingly by eliminating resupplies, we'll feel that nades aren't so broken. Yes they will still be potent, but they're meant to be. You've either paid $50 or you've not only made into a SOC/Spets, but then passed a tryout to unlock a grenade class.

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...