Global Update & 2019 Ban Wipe [10/23/2019]

Nutter

2 hours ago, Garnet said:

Family shared accounts were the biggest source of minges repeatedly joining our server, this is done by family sharing the product(game) Garry's Mod with another account of yours, thus being able to play Garry's Mod on a new account for free with a unique steam ID. Moving forward, all users of our server will HAVE to have Garry's Mod purchased in order to join the server, otherwise they will be kicked off immediately!

Welp, there goes garnet for me. But I understand the reason you had to do this. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
6 hours ago, Garnet said:

Moving forward, all users of our server will HAVE to have Garry's Mod purchased in order to join the server, otherwise they will be kicked off immediately!

I'm curious about how this was implemented (and yes, I know Garnet is likely resting from all of the time he spent working last night), and have a question.

I know it says "all users", but does this block people from using Family Share entirely, or does it block people who may be using Family Share maliciously, ie. they have a banned account which is lending it to some alt account?

• The Garnut
5 hours ago, IronFetus33 said:

I know they aren't gonna change they're ways as they had over 140+ bans on two separate accounts. 

Simply reban those people if you've got their steam id on hand.

4 hours ago, CodyDrax said:

Welp, there goes garnet for me. But I understand the reason you had to do this. 

I will personally buy you the game if that's an issue for you.

1 hour ago, Fier said:

I know it says "all users", but does this block people from using Family Share entirely, or does it block people who may be using Family Share maliciously, ie. they have a banned account which is lending it to some alt account?

You answered your own question. All family shared users.

• Like 3
  • The Garnut
7 hours ago, Shephard said:

So speaking of Ban wipes...
F3l3maU.png

I take it you're joining the dark side again?

Glad to see you back, hopefully we can iron out the past!

18 minutes ago, Yui_ said:

@Garnet With the update DRP lost the Halo around party members just a fyi to get it fixed again thanks! ❤️

It's mostly serving as a performance upgrade, but I can add it back if this is an issue to some players.

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
Just now, IronFetus33 said:

Please please please add it back. So helpful in so many situations. Thanks. 

I'll go ahead and do that since we do have the option to toggle it if a player has FPS problems! Thank you for your input.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Garnet said:

I take it you're joining the dark side again?

Glad to see you back, hopefully we can iron out the past!

1: I take it you're joining the dark side again?
I am the dark side, unless you're referring to Army, which is no, I am not maining the monstrosity again.

2: Glad to see you back
Maybe

3: hopefully we can iron out the past!
I've always been open to talking out the issue that had occurred and understand each others positions. But if this is informing me you have been ready as well, then hope we'll catch each other on TS.

Edited by Shephard

Although I can only speak for myself, I'm sure all of us appreciate your continuous upkeep of the community. I'm genuinely impressed with your level of involvement regardless of real-life commitments and opportunities.

Kudos.

Edited by hex_