DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

DarkRP Update [11/11/2019]

Nutter

• The Garnut

logo.png

Decals

Some textscreen elements of the map have been replaced with permanent images that are pre-cached upon connecting to optimize performance

Before:

Xe8laCm.jpg

After:

plwcSxt.png

When I get access to Photoshop again or find a decent graphics designer, I will create much higher quality photos!

Blood Donation

Accessible via typing donationblood into console, future commands to be added for chat '/bloodcolor', '/donationblood'

ayO1lmv.png

Prices will be adjusted tonight. All these blood colors are VERY similar and usually only vary in splatter shape.

Other Changes

• Removed Escape Menu
  • FG42 has been added to the donation portal
  • Reminder: CPs now get XP & money for arresting criminals
  • Scramble points have been removed until re-code (unscrambled) that way you cannot open console and copy-paste the words, then expect extra perks 🙂
  • Like 1
  • The Garnut
2 minutes ago, Entity said:

Okay, cool. Blood is a little weird, but removing the F4 menu was a good idea. Scramble points hopefully will have a usage soon.

Literally logged on to make sure I didn't actually remove the F4 menu. LMAO

Scramble points will more than likely never have a usage and will stay removed, it was a fun system to engage players, and it already gives enough back (XP and money)

What's weird about the blood? 

1 minute ago, Garnet said:

Literally logged on to make sure I didn't actually remove the F4 menu. LMAO

Scramble points will more than likely never have a usage and will stay removed, it was a fun system to engage players, and it already gives enough back (XP and money)

What's weird about the blood? 

Yikes I can't believe I said F4 I'm actually tired.

Blood is just eh, like it disappears after a few seconds anyways.

• The Garnut
2 minutes ago, Entity said:

Yikes I can't believe I said F4 I'm actually tired.

Blood is just eh, like it disappears after a few seconds anyways.

Yeahh... it disappears every on every 5-15 interval. When you shoot a player blood spits out always though, so I mean, for $2-4 i'm assuming some people will still use it to be that extra bit special. It was added primarily to generate more money to fund a custom-made anti cheat for our server

Just now, Garnet said:

Yeahh... it disappears every on every 5-15 interval. When you shoot a player blood spits out always, so I mean, for $2-4 i'm assuming some people will still use it to be that extra bit special

True, I guess spitting antlion blood everywhere might make people think you're an alien. Especially when you're the venom class. I guess I see how it could be used for a cool effect.

By the way, in Venom it says "You reject the power of Spiderman and will kill him on sight" is this true? Or is it still RDM? (It's not in the rules they can)

• The Garnut
Just now, Entity said:

True, I guess spitting antlion blood everywhere might make people think you're an alien. Especially when you're the venom class. I guess I see how it could be used for a cool effect.

By the way, in Venom it says "You reject the power of Spiderman and will kill him on sight" is this true? Or is it still RDM? (It's not in the rules they can)

That reminds me. I need to remove job rules from the F4 menu and force players to read them off the website, yes Venom and Spiderman can RDM eachother 🙂 

Soon to be Batman and the Joker too.

• The Garnut
20 minutes ago, proggy said:

Yo try out GIMP. It's free software that has 99% of the functionality of photoshop. Highly recommend.

It has 25% the functionality at best, and it compresses images too much for my liking. It’s what I’m using currently. Thank you though!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Garnet said:

logo.png

Decals

Some textscreen elements of the map have been replaced with permanent images that are pre-cached upon connecting to optimize performance

Before:

Xe8laCm.jpg

After:

plwcSxt.png

When I get access to Photoshop again or find a decent graphics designer, I will create much higher quality photos!

Blood Donation

Accessible via typing donationblood into console, future commands to be added for chat '/bloodcolor', '/donationblood'

ayO1lmv.png

Prices will be adjusted tonight. All these blood colors are VERY similar and usually only vary in splatter shape.

Other Changes

• Removed Escape Menu
  • FG42 has been added to the donation portal
  • Reminder: CPs now get XP & money for arresting criminals
  • Scramble points have been removed until re-code (unscrambled) that way you cannot open console and copy-paste the words, then expect extra perks 🙂

Yo if you need some basic image work done, or just want a copy of ps hmu man. 

• The Garnut
33 minutes ago, Im Dream said:

Adobe illustrator is also cool, I tried it recently and it's cool how the vector thing works, you can get any resolution out of what you do.

I appreciate it. I have heaps of experience with photoshop, so im doubtful I’d do too well trying to switch over to illustrator, although it is what our logo is made in. With that being said, 512x512 images scale really well in Garrys mod, and most textures are even less yet look acceptable, so resolution won’t be an issue.

• Informative 1
26 minutes ago, Im Dream said:

Adobe illustrator is also cool, I tried it recently and it's cool how the vector thing works, you can get any resolution out of what you do.

Oh yeah. It has many uses once you get over the layout of the program. I don't use it as much as I do say PS just because i'm more experienced in it, but Vector work looks wonderful when done right due to the inherent nature of it.