DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

DarkRP | Economy Reset

• The Garnut
9 minutes ago, Cireland said:

Unboxing printers is incredibly expensive and rare. I don't think they need to be nerfed this severely, but the 5-10% decrease would be effective. Without standard printers in the Garnet case, there is quite literally no reason to unbox these cases, due to their high prices. The printer is the most desirable item in a crate that costs 300k+ when bought with a key.

I would most definitely nerf the price of the crate. The printer will remain a part of it, but it would be equally nerfed. I would love the ceiling of our economy to lay somewhere at 1m.

To address some people's questions, nothing that does not relate to the economy will be wiped. Levels/prestiges will remain as they are, however, your unbox inventory/item inventory/darkRP wallet will wipe.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
1 hour ago, MyNameJeff said:

Buying guns doesn't sink the money, it just transfers the money to other players, the money stays in the player market.

Huh? Guns don't drop on death, they sink into the void. This point doesn't make any sense, G.

1 hour ago, Garnet said:

I would most definitely nerf the price of the crate. The printer will remain a part of it, but it would be equally nerfed. I would love the ceiling of our economy to lay somewhere at 1m.

To address some people's questions, nothing that does not relate to the economy will be wiped. Levels/prestiges will remain as they are, however, your unbox inventory/item inventory/darkRP wallet will wipe.

Quick question, Lets say recently someone bought money on the donation store what happens to them? 

I suggest anyone who bought money a month ( Or however much time u think is just) can re-gain that money after the wipe by making a donation support. 

Edited by Aparh
Adding
  • Informative 1

Bruh lowkey dono supports are stacked up and you gonna take away everyone's progress in the game? WACK!!! nobody buys the currency in the shop anyway they sit by their printer and hit up whoever is buying perms that day for in game cash or paypal it away. Bad move highkey, it's not like Rohan just gave everyone trillions, we all know that the money will never leave the inner circle of who he gave it to, all this does is hurt new players and stops the people who buy perms for new guys for in game cash cause that aint ever gonna happen now which means no more perms sells WHOMP WHOMP, I'd bet a gentlemen's dollar that 80% of darkrp sales come from in game money trades, and thats all you're stopping. Glad I sold my 50 mill before this shit happened LMAOOO BIG L

• Cringe 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Garnet said:

When going about our economy wipe, i'd love to readjust the economy to be more competitive, as to stop players from simply reaching millions within a few hours of farming printers. I would highly value your input in this thread!

I agree. Getting millions should be an accomplishment, rather than being easy. Guns and stuff is cheap compared to what you can get from a printer. Hopefully you can make this work if you decide to do it. I'll be ready for this wipe.

• The Garnut
5 hours ago, AparhTurtle said:

Quick question, Lets say recently someone bought money on the donation store what happens to them? 

I suggest anyone who bought money a month ( Or however much time u think is just) can re-gain that money after the wipe by making a donation support. 

Or you can enjoy the 14 day grace period I've given you to spend that money. You're going on about a problem that doesn't exist, because 'money packages' are our lowest sellers, they're pretty pointless and have not been purchased recently. Other than that, why buy money if you're just going to have it sitting in your inventory for over 30 days?

4 hours ago, Stinkie2 said:

Bruh lowkey dono supports are stacked up and you gonna take away everyone's progress in the game? WACK!!! nobody buys the currency in the shop anyway they sit by their printer and hit up whoever is buying perms that day for in game cash or paypal it away. Bad move highkey, it's not like Rohan just gave everyone trillions, we all know that the money will never leave the inner circle of who he gave it to, all this does is hurt new players and stops the people who buy perms for new guys for in game cash cause that aint ever gonna happen now which means no more perms sells WHOMP WHOMP, I'd bet a gentlemen's dollar that 80% of darkrp sales come from in game money trades, and thats all you're stopping. Glad I sold my 50 mill before this shit happened LMAOOO BIG L

Not even sure who you are or why you think that donation support is backed up? the only tickets that are currently unhandled are a handful of custom classes, because we're mitigating to a new system.

"Bad move highkey" this is our 3rd economy wipe to date and it was never an issue. Things change, and the economy needs to be reset on occasions. It's not like this happens more than once every two years. The money had already left this 'inner circle' you made up, as players have used it towards the purchase of other things within the game. Don't worry about in-game-cash to donation item transaction, that's my concern, and most of these get charged back. As a "smart" man once said 'LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO BIG L'

• Haha 1
  • Winner 1
  • The Garnut
3 hours ago, Entity said:

I agree. Getting millions should be an accomplishment, rather than being easy. Guns and stuff is cheap compared to what you can get from a printer. Hopefully you can make this work if you decide to do it. I'll be ready for this wipe.

Yup, that's why i'd like to revamp the economy, bring up gun prices by 30% as well as many other entities. Possibly revamp weed/meth while i'm at it to be useful for more than just XP.

• Like 1

At the peak of Impacted Servers DarkRP (dead since 2014), Bloodwave had a system for money printers that I think tops everything I've seen.

The mechanics worked like this:
A Standard Money Printer printed $10/30sec. It cost $100 and could not be repaired or upkeeped. It would last between 45 minutes-hour, at which point the display would give an error saying "BOARD FAILURE - ERROR 8903" basically meaning the board cannot be salvaged no matter what you do. Plain and simple, easy $1,100(max). Max # allowed per player was 4 at a time, for maximum profitability.

An Advanced Money Printer printed in between $20-$100/30 sec. It cost $2,000, and could be repaired with a new print spool costing $100, which would need to be administered every 15 minutes, 5 times, at which point the printer would break outright. Maximum profit $13,000 over a span of an hour and 15 minutes. (If you could keep them that long, as they will be a target for theft in raids) Maximum # allowed per player was 2, for balance and for the incentive to steal them in raids.

You could stop here, but there was another aspect to printers that made for a good activity for  a newly added job.

The Technician (without addition, players could just buy Repair Kits in the Entity menu)
Salary: $100/hour
Role: Legally sells printer Repair Kits for $100 each from a store. ILLEGALY goes to bases and repairs printers on demand for a higher price. (This is because normally law enforcement wouldn't try to incarcerate an innocent Computer Technician for selling a Counterfeiter parts for a standard printer. That would be absurd. But if Law Enforcement ever caught someone in the same position KNOWINGLY repairing illegal machines, the Technician would be arrested on sight.)

You could add more printers with buffed numbers, but VIP shouldn't = cash in my opinion.

I dont even play darkrp why did i type this

Edited by Dan Gardner
numbers doyyyy
  • Like 1
  • Winner 1
9 hours ago, Garnet said:

Garnet Gaming

Economy/Inventory reset date: February 1st, 2020

Hello Garnet Gaming members,

it was brought to my attention that months ago a super administrator of ours who had abused their permission sets to set  their DarkRP wallet to a bizarre amount, severely hurting our server's economy. Their money has since been reset, however, it was brought to my attention that they utilized our inventory system to store their money elsewhere, and from there I spotted a plethora of users who have an excessive amount of money that they should not. I have came to the decision that it'd be best to wipe our economy, as opposed to banning clueless victims involved.

When going about our economy wipe, i'd love to readjust the economy to be more competitive, as to stop players from simply reaching millions within a few hours of farming printers. I would highly value your input in this thread!

So what happens to players  that bought in-game money? Like me I bought 500k.

4 hours ago, Stinkie2 said:

t's not like Rohan just gave everyone trillions, we all know that the money will never leave the inner circle of who he gave it to, all this does is hurt new players and stops the people who buy perms for new guys for in game

Man you really sweatin' because you're gonna lose your money? Your opinion wasn't necessary, and you come off as toxic. 

How could we ever know that Rohan didn't give people billions of IG money, if you really wanted to contest the decision, message Garnet. This is under Announcements for a reason, as it has already been decided. If this were up to the community, it most likely wouldn't be accepted as they wish to keep the money Rohan spawned in. Think before you make yourself look like an idiot next time.

17 minutes ago, Garnet said:

3rd economy wipe to date and it was never an issue

@Stinkie2 According to this, the playerbase won't magically disappear. If you were on Garnet longer you'd be able to see that, but you decide to argue against it.

Sorry for the random rant, I cant take it when people act stupid for no reason.

3 minutes ago, Dexx said:

21 minutes ago, Garnet said:
5 hours ago, AparhTurtle said:

Or you can enjoy the 14 day grace period I've given you to spend that money. You're going on about a problem that doesn't exist, because 'money packages' are our lowest sellers, they're pretty pointless and have not been purchased recently. Other than that, why buy money if you're just going to have it sitting in your inventory for over 30 days?

• The Garnut
2 minutes ago, Dexx said:

You have more than enough time to spend it. Unless you're going to claim you bought 500k just to have it sitting in your wallet for months to come. 

19 minutes ago, Dan Gardner said:

At the peak of Impacted Servers DarkRP (dead since 2014), Bloodwave had a system for money printers that I think tops everything I've seen.

The mechanics worked like this:
A Standard Money Printer printed $10/30sec. It cost $100 and could not be repaired or upkeeped. It would last between 45 minutes-hour, at which point the display would give an error saying "BOARD FAILURE - ERROR 8903" basically meaning the board cannot be salvaged no matter what you do. Plain and simple, easy $1,100(max). Max # allowed per player was 4 at a time, for maximum profitability.

An Advanced Money Printer printed in between $20-$100/30 sec. It cost $2,000, and could be repaired with a new print spool costing $100, which would need to be administered every 15 minutes, 5 times, at which point the printer would break outright. Maximum profit $13,000 over a span of an hour and 15 minutes. (If you could keep them that long, as they will be a target for theft in raids) Maximum # allowed per player was 2, for balance and for the incentive to steal them in raids.

You could stop here, but there was another aspect to printers that made for a good activity for  a newly added job.

The Technician (without addition, players could just buy Repair Kits in the Entity menu)
Salary: $100/hour
Role: Legally sells printer Repair Kits for $100 each from a store. ILLEGALY goes to bases and repairs printers on demand for a higher price. (This is because normally law enforcement wouldn't try to incarcerate an innocent Computer Technician for selling a Counterfeiter parts for a standard printer. That would be absurd. But if Law Enforcement ever caught someone in the same position KNOWINGLY repairing illegal machines, the Technician would be arrested on sight.)

You could add more printers with buffed numbers, but VIP shouldn't = cash in my opinion.

I dont even play darkrp why did i type this

Seems like a really fun system for a side project. Unfortunately I don't see this doing too well on Garnet and people striving to have millions of dollars lmao.

3 minutes ago, Kicks said:

How could we ever know that Rohan didn't give people billions of IG money, if you really wanted to contest the decision, message Garnet. This is under Announcements for a reason, as it has already been decided. If this were up to the community, it most likely wouldn't be accepted as they wish to keep the money Rohan spawned in. Think before you make yourself look like an idiot next time.

3 minutes ago, Kicks said:

Sorry for the random rant, I cant take it when people act stupid for no reason.

Who knows, seemed like he had something against me. He started his argument by attacking me saying that there's "stacked donor supports" when he never posted one of his own, neither were they backed up. Just one of those irrelevant people who go on random forums to be toxic. 🤷‍♂️

• Informative 1
11 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Seems like a really fun system for a side project. Unfortunately I don't see this doing too well on Garnet and people striving to have millions of dollars lmao.

models/props_c17/consolebox01a.mdl - Standard Money Printer

models/props_lab/reciever_cart.mdl - Advanced Money Printer

F20A1FA333C20561F7A7D1A01DBC279BA5337531

Edited by Dan Gardner
pic
14 hours ago, Yui_2 said:

If the server is having a Eco Wipe does this include level if so do people who prestige lose their prestige level?  Also i would like to keep items that i have in my unbox that were in the Old Unbox crates such as my Ares Strike and my Medkit that I got when I first joined.   I am also agreeing with Buddha here with the lack of money you make from other Jobs, weed only makes a few bucks and Meth is only good for the levels really.  Aswell as we need to make it so if your AFK too long on a job it should set you as Citizen since lots of people have to go without a gun because of AFK gun dealers.  Another thing i'd like to bring up is how fast duels can go people can get in and flick you in 1 shot and the duel is over there needs to be a prop or something to stop this from happening so its a fair Duel.

He literally answered this.