Entry Faction Issues - Revisited

Here are some of my main concerns about merging the two factions together:

A: Wouldn't there be an "overcrowdness" of the officers and warrant-officers if they were to merge? I could be wrong since I'm not sure how many officers marines and army have currently, but there certainly isn't a need for 20-30 WO's/CO's leading the faction at the same time. I could also see internal issues arise with that many officers trying to lead a singular faction.

B:  What about reserves? Would marine reserve ranks be transferred over to the equivalent rank as well?

Other than that I really do think this idea should go through, it's sad seeing a faction that's been apart of the server for so long go but if it's for the better of US than I +1.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Controversial opinion, but I'm actually leaning towards keeping both entry factions and adding one to even it out on the RU side (Garnet will hate this). We're about to enter an era of rapid server expansion where a lot of things are going to change really quickly and, as a result, the player population is going to increase a lot. That being said, I'm starting to think it might be nice to give players the option on both sides of the server when first joining to select the path they want to go down from four options as opposed to two: Russian Army, US Army, Russian Navy, US Navy. This will allow us to create and define a set path of progression within the server from a faction standpoint, and revert back to running the factions like factions, as opposed to various cliques.

I know I've said in the past that 1MD is gay and useless (they are) but only in the current climate of the server. If certain scaffolding is introduced to the server structure, I think we can make the internal layout a lot more interesting and gain the interest of a lot more people. Food for thought. 

That being said, I think we should hold off on nuking Marines for just a bit longer until some of the larger changes on the horizon finally come into action, then we can start evaluating this. We may come to a point where we actually miss the sorry bastards. Server stability is only possible with a strong foundation, and I'm starting to think something like this isn't the right approach at this moment.

BRWCC2h.png

Maybe working towards getting people to actually follow this rule? Who knows?

Edited by shrimp
  • Winner 2
  • Community Director
1 minute ago, shrimp said:

Controversial opinion, but I'm actually leaning towards keeping both entry factions and adding one to even it out on the RU side. We're about to enter an era of rapid server expansion where a lot of things are going to change really quickly and, as a result, the player population is going to increase a lot. That being said, I'm starting to think it might be nice to give players the option on both sides of the server when first joining to select the path they want to go down from four options as opposed to two: Russian Army, US Army, Russian Navy, US Navy. This will allow us to create and define a set path of progression within the server from a faction standpoint, and revert back to running the factions like factions, as opposed to various cliques.

I know I've said in the past that 1MD is gay and useless (they are) but only in the current climate of the server. If certain scaffolding is introduced to the server structure, I think we can make the internal layout a lot more interesting and gain the interest of a lot more people. Food for thought. 

That being said, I think we should hold off on nuking Marines for just a bit longer until some of the larger changes on the horizon finally come into action, then we can start evaluating this. We may come to a point where we actually miss the sorry bastards.

I disagree - over the course of the past 6 months, 1MD has been on a fat downward spiral. I think it would be best, regardless of the larger changes. RU has a dynamic which works perfectly fine, if it aint broke don't fix it - I think the server struggles with *competent* leadership and yes "it's been done before" but the playerbase has changed, and with recent events this is extremely the best case scenario. US as a whole has wanted a faction to be removed, for ages. I appreciate the feedback. I just don't think the server would work with this dynamic, 2017 yes, now no. Garnet had to add a quiz because some DSes thought "War > Training". 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

if it aint broke don't fix it

That's not what I meant, like at all. The whole point of everything I just said was about actually solidifying some much needed structure into the server. Removing Marines is just gonna make it weird, where it already is weird on RU. Say RU 'works fine' one more time and expect a dissertation in your inbox. It's nice and symmetrical with Marines give or take a few things.

Edited by shrimp
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 9:26 PM, Alex Conway said:

Garnet had to add a quiz because some DSes thought "War > Training". 

Completely the leader and officers fault. They should be encouraging training and when their DI's dont do it they do it and then get new instructors who will. 

I think given that given marines is functioning again and starting to become more competent; this suggestion shouldnt go through. We have a lot of potential to make marines stable again so best to see it out

Edited by Tayler
Words
  • Like 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Agree 4
On 3/3/2020 at 8:32 PM, shrimp said:

Removing Marines is just gonna make it weird, where it already is weird on RU. Say RU 'works fine' one more time and expect a dissertation in your inbox. It's nice and symmetrical with Marines give or take a few things.

RU as a whole is a really big machine. It's well oiled and is run by SEVERAL great leaders and I would say is in a really good situation. 2GA runs smoothly (as smooth as a base faction can get) and the Officers with the Marshal have done countless successful changes improving the faction. We have RFRs constantly sprinting to train recruits for recommendations as well as to make RU have less of a number disadvantage. RU is not perfect don't get me wrong we could heavily use more active factions/officers. But for our numbers and our mentality we work great. I haven't seen 2GA like this ever since Ethan Greshnev Merged SSO with 2GA command.

Neutral Marines and Army on the other hand couldn't be more far apart. It's a constant struggle against each other and also INSIDE each faction. Merging won't fix all the issues but it will be a great foundation to begin reparations and repairs.  BUT there is a good chance Marines could be turned around. Jackal isn't the best leader by far but the man can do magic sometimes. Give Jackal a few and lets see what happens. If it goes to shit then we can merge but if Jackal can turn this shit around let him do it. 

Edited by Gamma
  • Disagree 2
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Now that @Jackal has taken over Marines and MARSOC, I wonder if it's too late for a merge? we keep MARSOC of course.

From what im seeing I don’t think it is, in the current state army is thriving with players and marines are struggling heavy. I think it would be best to combine Army And Marines since Army is pretty much already strong with decent officers and leave marsoc to be its own soc faction. Jackals input would help with the decision as well.

I Feel as if there could be an alternative to just flat out removing 1MD. 

Make 1MD a tryout faction. @{GG}otham had done it in the past and it worked out pretty well. It would allow a better flow and more opportunities for players wether they decide to part with 11B they can simply do the test and main that faction or they can tryout for 1MD whenever they want. The tryouts could be lead by either a high enlisted or junior officer. With could help with making the standards higher for marines to match officers likings. 

• Disagree 2
10 minutes ago, Redacted said:

Make 1MD a tryout faction

Now, I don't mean to be rude or anything here, But what makes you think that people will tryout for a faction that they won't join through being trained from the get-go.
1MD isn't in a healthy enough state to be continuing to be a faction.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, It's Navy all over again.

• Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...