[MRP] Damage Multiplier Changes

Ozzy

Hmmm....
This gives me an Idea.

Your idea is pretty good, So I'm going to base it off of that.

What if..... and now Cringe react me if I sound stupid.....
What if the place you get shot, Inflicts penalties on you?

For example, Leg shots would reduce your movespeed, Arm shots maybe Reload times?

I'm not quite sure as to what a Body shot would do, But we could have a Headshot maybe reduce vision slightly?

Idk, But Asides from that whichs could be a whole seperate suggestion, I +1 this change.

Very Nice, Very cool, Very Swag.

• Cringe 4
  • Haha 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
2 minutes ago, Homast said:

That sounds like a few weeks to a month of grinding out code for the new Dev. Not mention that change isn’t free haha.

• Agree 1
3 minutes ago, Homast said:

For example, Leg shots would reduce your movespeed, Arm shots maybe Reload times?

We had this idea a long time ago for SWRP, based on /tg/'s medical system. It's possible, however running all those calculations to determine body parts and constantly update the values would absolutely tank the server.

• Agree 1
Just now, 0zzy said:

That sounds like a few weeks to a month of grinding out code for the new Dev. Not mention that change isn’t free haha.

Could base it off of the same variables that detect damage.
But yeah, Probably not free

Just now, shrimp said:

running all those calculations to determine body parts and constantly update the values would absolutely tank the server.

Aw frick. Nevermind.
If GMC ever gets good enough hardware to not tank from that, Then maybe it's a possibility.

My god, snipers should not have to hit someone 4 times to kill, especially when there is blood on chest/head, since snipers are already one shot to body/head, it would not make them unbalanced to raise damage to at least a 3 shot (2 would be optimal but idk) 

A damage buff may be harder to do, so increasing the base damage could solve that

At least test it out by releasing the damage buff for a few days - a week, and if we like it (which how it sounds, i’d love it) keep it, if not, we can find alternative ways to fix the issue .

(PS: It is suppose to be military roleplay, IRL, you wouldn’t hit someone with a sniper 4 times...)(((yes ik this is semi-real RP but still))) 

+1 

Edited by oiPrey
  • Agree 2

What more is to be said? If there is a crouching PMC model their arms seem to cover their entire hitbox, taking 4 shots to kill them while he sprays me down. This seems like such a quality of life thing that would give everyone the same advantage.

+1

Edited by Hofman
  • Agree 1

Isn't this the same shit I've been talking about 2 years ago where the arms are their own hitbox and damage multiplier? 

I had this video since 2018, its been an issue for YEARS at this point in time.

It's only an issue if the arms are hit, if some douche wants to crouch jump to exploit this, then you report the fucker with recording.

+1 to this, I've been against this ever since I had the tools to prove it with damage logs since 2018

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin
24 minutes ago, IamGEO said:

Isn't this the same shit I've been talking about 2 years ago where the arms are their own hitbox and damage multiplier? 

Yes GMod models typically have 7 hit groups: Head, Left Arm, Right Arm, Chest, Stomach, Left Leg, and Right Leg. Currently, the 4 extremities do 0.25x damage, the chest & stomach do 1.00x damage, and the head does 2.00x damage.

The suggestion is to change the two Arm boxes to 0.85x damage and the two Leg boxes to 0.40x damage.

EDIT: Fuck old PKM was broken 😂. I miss it.

Edited by CAPT_Scoobs
4 hours ago, oiPrey said:

My god, snipers should not have to hit someone 4 times to kill, especially when there is blood on chest/head, since snipers are already one shot to body/head, it would not make them unbalanced to raise damage to at least a 3 shot (2 would be optimal but idk) 

I agree with this there is blood everywhere on there body and head and yet it registers as something else

I really like this idea +1

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Accepted,

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...