[MRP] The Re-Evaluation of AFSOC/Event Server

Ting

7 minutes ago, Lark said:

Rangers cant give wls too?

Ranger Commander can, AFSOC Commander can't

7 minutes ago, Lark said:

You dont have to rely on "spawning things" to do something.

In terms of Event Server, Ya kinda do, Or else what's the point of having an entirely different server.
If we're doing Actual EVENTS, It helps being able to set spawns, Having RP equipment that we don't have on the normal server, such as Breaching charges.
And then You have the thing with "Who's opposing us?"
That falls under being able to spawn NPCs, And the Stealth System that's on the Event Server.
We have RHIBs to insert through aquatic means, and there are also Aircraft for Close air support, Insertion and Extraction.
So, Yes, Large scale events require some of this stuff, Or else they end up the same as the very same events you, and supposedly many others,  find "boring"

• Agree 1
19 minutes ago, AwesomeAidan said:

Not true, me and Jim talked it out in TS after he said this and came to the conclusion that anyone is able to host an event or operation if they wanted too, i just advise them to plan it out.

At the time of me trying to do the event you and jim didn't inform me that u concluded it in TS
But its good to know. Ill plan an event out

The complete removal of AFSOC and the event server this early in their existence means destroying a lot of hard-work achieved to set them up with no real reward for having set them up in the first place. AFSOC hasn't been given a proper chance to be anything with a purpose yet because it is still new, and developing. If everyone were to quit, and shut things down at the first bump in the road we wouldn't have A LOT of games, movies, inventions, etc that are currently available to us. I know that statement seems negligible in the small scope of a moderately sized Gmod community, however the sentiment should reach you in the same way.

There is a lot of good that can come from new features being added to the server, but without giving them time to be properly setup, explored, and given a purpose, it means a lot of hours wasted. 

Understanding there is a problem, and working with the powers that be to fix those problems would be far more worthwhile than just saying "Eh fuck it, we tried, nothing happened, see ya."

It's far too early, and far too soon (after certain events took place) to fully judge what should happen to these things that were created with a lot of time and passion. Give it a little while, if nothing changes then it could be assumed that AFSOC and the Event server are dead in the water. But the whole shrimps thing happened a couple days ago. Give the situation some breathing room, and ask Garnet what he plans to do, rather than advocating for it's entire removal at the first sign of trouble.

• Cringe 1
  • Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Gualla said:

You've had half a year.

AFSOC was introduced a Month ago.
Huh?

No, not the first.

But yeah, Garnet has seen the signs, and has been patient with shrimps so far.
So, It's really up to Garnet as to what happens next.

Just now, Gualla said:

Hard work that benefits who? 

The community? I don't imagine Garnet would be setting up AFSOC and an Event server for just himself. I believe the intent behind them was to give the MRP community more to do.

1 minute ago, Gualla said:

You've had half a year.

The event server has not been completed and useable to the community for half a year. And neither has AFSOC. If you are refering to me as a player, then I don't understand what this has to do with the points I made.

No, not the first.

Please go more in-depth to the things I laid out that you disagreed with.

My response to this thread wasn't arguing anything to anybody. I'm tired of arguing. It was more of a plea, don't let something with a lot of good potential go to waste over a little controversy. The event server and AFSOC could serve a lot of good to the MRP community in the long run, I feel.

Just now, Gualla said:

Event server nephew.

Event server was Officiated 3 Months ago. But your point still stands.

Just now, Gualla said:

his friend group. 

Maybe Tayler?
Blooms was added into AFSOC because he's Actual AFSOC IRL, so I suppose he'd be the Military Advisor to Shrimps for that?

24 minutes ago, Gualla said:

You've had half a year.

Considering Garnet got in a car crash and shrimp had a heart attack, yeah shit was delayed. In fact shrimp only came back about a month or so ago plus being given a new faction. The event server simply hasn't been set up in the way shrimp wants it to, and because he doesn't have access to map changes and restarts to mount addons, the event server has taken a back seat, mainly because Garnet has bigger projects to work on.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Gualla said:

Its only benefitting Shrimp and his friend group.  (Messed my quote, this was for benefetting who question)

I'm the only person from his "friend group" that joined the faction, which was something I had asked to be apart of and was then offered before its implementation because I liked the idea behind the faction and knew shrimps needed someone he could trust and rely on if needed.

I'm gonna take a wild guess that you're a newer player who feeds off of information from the people around you instead of actually finding things out yourself and decided to pull this comment out of your ass.

Edited by Tayler

Ok, so new update.

Blooms, the best member of AFSOC in my opinion and in the opinion of many others, just got banned. This is a sad tale, as he could have done great things, but now it really gets down to it. with tayler being the only member left of AFSOC, something needs to be done. I say rework the faction into the main server as a step up form SOC may be a good idea. If this were to occur, then RU would need the same thing known as "OMRP". This idea is not finalized, but still needs to be put up here due to the circumstances AFSOC is in.

• Cringe 2
  • Disagree 1
11 minutes ago, Ting said:

Ok, so new update.

Blooms, the best member of AFSOC in my opinion and in the opinion of many others, just got banned. This is a sad tale, as he could have done great things, but now it really gets down to it. with tayler being the only member left of AFSOC, something needs to be done. I say rework the faction into the main server as a step up form SOC may be a good idea. If this were to occur, then RU would need the same thing known as "OMRP". This idea is not finalized, but still needs to be put up here due to the circumstances AFSOC is in.

How would you plan on picking the leader out for OMRP?  There would also need to be alot of planning in terms of weaponry and player models and such but as you said the idea is not finalized.

I personally think it would be easiest and best to wipe AFSOC and focus on the current SOC units that are still growing.

Edited by horsegarrysmod
  • Cringe 1
  • 300 IQ 1
Just now, horsegarrysmod said:

How would you plan on picking the leader out for OMRP?

Thats not up to me in any way. I have ideas of who it should be, but it is totally up to the executives and most importantly , Garnet.

3 minutes ago, horsegarrysmod said:

How would you plan on picking the leader out for OMRP?

Don’t think adding OMRP is gonna be a good idea honestly. Really this whole suggestion is about AFSOC and you are already are worried about the whole SOC itself and the events. Adding OMRP and planning on picking a leader in my opinion is just gonna cause problems.

Edited by Topshot1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
8 minutes ago, Ting said:

Ok, so new update.

Well when your Citizen account name is the same as your IGN... 😂 Only a matter of time.

• Haha 3