[MRP] The Re-Evaluation of AFSOC/Event Server

Ting

2 hours ago, Homast said:

Him just having his name as this, isn't anything bad in itself.
Was he actively saying "See all of these clans? They're fucking retarded and are on my hitlist"?
No, He uh... He wasn't.

Uhh.... i'm fairly certain it breaks server rules, so that's your problem there.

I would argue that AFSOC served no purpose in the first place whatsoever, but I would give Goblin a chance to turn it into something. If he cannot do anything about, then it would be best to remove it.  

Just now, Jesus said:

Uhh.... i'm fairly certain it breaks server rules, so that's your problem there.

He was on a non-RP job afaik, So there were no sever rules broken, But as people have said, Yeah given his status within the community, It was in poor taste, And despite my prior statement, I agree with, I was more or less saying "A rule wasn't broken"

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

AFSOC served no purpose in the first place whatsoever, but I would give Goblin a chance to turn it into something

AFSOCs purpose was to have a reason to have pilots on the event server, And with Goblin deploying to the Middle East for 3 Months, I'm not sure he's going to be able to do much for it.
There are people who are willing to take over AFSOC, and I believe Garnet, or the Executive team, should look into it.

9 minutes ago, Homast said:

He was on a non-RP job afaik, So there were no sever rules broken

He was on a ranger whitelist, which he shouldn't have btw. anyways, I made it clear that this is not a report, but a suggestion to re-look his positions.

11 minutes ago, Homast said:

AFSOCs purpose was to have a reason to have pilots on the event server

If their purpose was to use the event server and to help on it, in my eyes, they have no purpose then. I pm'd you on steam asking about the event server and why nothing was going on with it. You said it was because of shrimps and he was doing things irl. If there was no event server, no leadership, why keep it in? (keep in mind thats worse scenario)

After reading the responses on my thread, and being informed of my mistake, I think that @Tayler could possibly do something with the faction. I do know that he was discussing leaving the server (I could be mistaken) but if he shows commitment, hes a +1 from me.

13 hours ago, Ting said:

This leaves the entirety of GG at a disadvantage because of the RP capabilities taken away.

This is a common theme among the server, and as much as I can see where it comes from, it's not the case at all. The capability to move to another map may have been taken away, sure. But the ability for community members to stand up and create good RP-Orientated Events is still here. The RP-Events I led on Charikar were great examples, as were Bishops. Players can easily do RP-Events so long as they have the competency and brain-power to do so. I'm actually in the process of training SSO players how to do Operations, and how to take apart in them proficiently. Trust me, I want us to have more RP capabilities, and i'm trying to work towards that with everything we have at our disposal. 

13 hours ago, Ting said:

but now that he no longer is active + is not trusted by garnet, there needs to be a re-evaluation.

I'll say this much, I agree with this point too an extent. The power Shrimps was given on the event server was given because he was heavily trusted. You have to understand, it's hard for a server owner to give a large chunk of power to specific players, to then have them only screw him over down the road. Do I think Shrimps needs to be re-evaluated, sure, but I DON'T think we have the option to appoint someone else to his former positions. 

13 hours ago, Ting said:

Tayler has been extremely inactive and uninvolved. This is much less important as he is not in a leadership position, however all added up, leads to the demise of the faction.

I wouldn't say extremely inactive/uninvolved. Coming from someone who was in the position Tayler was in, wanting to play and be active when your leader ISN'T, is hard. It's hard to want to improve a faction and involve others when your leader can't even involve himself. Better yet, AFSOC is new, so what AFSOC can/can't do is also slightly different. I assume Tayler knew this, and didn't want to overstep his boundaries as a simple 2ndLt. I will agree though, it does add to the demise of the faction. 

13 hours ago, Ting said:

This could easily be grounds for the removal of the leadership, or best case, faction in its entirety.

No, it's probably not the best case for the faction to be removed entirely. Unless Garnet plans on removing the event server, if this is the case, then go for it. AFSOC is in an interesting place because we've never seen it ( currently ) run to the best of its abilities. Instead, empty promises were given, which creates a sense of hate towards AFSOC. 

13 hours ago, Ting said:

Also, I would like to point out, the current game masters (Homast and Gythem I believe) have not really been doing their duties.

Actually, I can personally speak on behalf of Homast. As for Gythem, he's not longer a GM. 

5264c8f685aca2ae225710a230ef142b.png

This is my campaign outline im working on, and suprise suprise, Homast is actually working with me to create it. We're working on adding a storyline to MRP Operations/Events in order to create real effects after an Operation. I won't go into detail here, but i've been working on most of it, Homast has been someone i've ran ideas through. Trust me, the Game Masters WANT to work with everyone, its the tools that were given were not appropriate ( shrimp ). 

As for some other responses,

12 hours ago, 0zzy said:

Off-Topicish:Someone who comes to mind is @Soappppp. Not gonna lie, I wasn’t a fan of Stork when I came back. Thought he was pompous and let his toxic flag fly because he was protected by his faction-mates and associates. However, he’s toned all that shit down and has really attempted to move the server in a positive direction.

I appreciate this a lot 0zzy, however, I currently got appointed by MRP Executives to an SSO JLT position in order to help the faction get out of its dead state. I can't really leave behind SSO during this time, as a lot of what i'm doing for SSO will hopefully return it to its former glory. Down the road would I be willing to help AFSOC? Absolutely, but for now, I would like to stick with SSO and help these guys out so I can eventually confidently leave behind a strong faction. 

3 hours ago, Dexx said:

Personally, the game master should be staff division of some sort, and work on the central server first before going into the event server.

Absolutely agree with you. I've been working hard with Homast to create some RP Events for everyone on the server. It's just, planning takes time, I have to make sure everything is in line with the rules, as well as the RP-Events being fun for BOTH sides. Win or lose. 

Overall, this suggestion was a decent one, I think the meaning behind it is very good, wanting AFSOC/The Event Server to be ran & used more. The suggestion seems a little out there, but the purpose is good.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
2 hours ago, Not Naitsir said:

and for shrimps he’s been on the server a handful of times but he could be more active.

Shrimps is rarely active.

why It was called a “handpick faction” is because its still being setup.

Shrimps himself said there are tryouts but never done them.

I personally don’t know much about the event server and how it operates but from my understanding it’s still relatively new and I would hate to see it go so soon.

Event server isnt new what so ever. Shrimps literally did nothing except for a hide and seek LMAO

being setup and the fact that right now they’re limited to doing events on the main server makes it a bit more challenging considering all they have to work with is what the main server has to offer.

The server offers alot of opportunities. They just do nothing lmao

• Spicy 1
  • Haha 3
39 minutes ago, Ting said:

You said it was because of shrimps and he was doing things irl

That's what I had thought at the time, Forgive me.

5 minutes ago, Lark said:

Because the Tryout weren't finished for other parts of the faction.
There are 3 different Sections of AFSOC, 2 of which weren't ready from what i've heard.

Shrimps literally did nothing except for a hide and seek LMAO

MARSOC and GB have had events done for them.
But also a "Deathrun" type event too, In a sort of Server opening celebration?

*Nothing that you like
Your own words by the way, Also, When's your Event happening Lark?

• Agree 2
12 minutes ago, Homast said:

Because the Tryout weren't finished for other parts of the faction.
There are 3 different Sections of AFSOC, 2 of which weren't ready from what i've heard.

The faction has been up for a bit now. If he was active enough he would've finished the  tryouts 🙂

13 minutes ago, Homast said:

For the amount of time he "Ran" the event server, mini-events for 2 factions and a deathrun isn't that good of an accomplishment 

14 minutes ago, Homast said:

Nothing that you like
Your own words by the way, Also, When's your Event happening Lark?

Its not nothing that I like. Yall done nothing that I can like and dislike
Plus. I asked executives. They said I need help from staff and approval from factions leaders. I cba.

6 minutes ago, Lark said:

Yall done nothing that I can like and dislike

The Events I've worked on with Stork, Wym you can't like or dislike them?

Are you talkin about the Event server events?
Because read previous posts, I'm only technically an ASSISTANT So there's literally nothing I can do permissions wise, Can't even spawn anything at the moment.

Just now, Homast said:

The Events I've worked on with Stork, Wym you can't like or dislike them?

Are you talkin about the Event server events?
Because read previous posts, I'm only technically an ASSISTANT So there's literally nothing I can do permissions wise, Can't even spawn anything at the moment.

Those minievents you mean? Yeah I already told you alot of people thought it was boring

• Like 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Disagree 3
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
27 minutes ago, Homast said:

You’re allowed to be happy that events happened, however you’re allowed to be annoyed/mad/confused/and a whole host of emotions that only FOUR events happened in roughly 6-8 weeks. I’m sure there’s a lot that happened behind closed doors, as both Garnet and Shrimps wanted the events to be surprises to add to the shock factor. However there’s the feeling that what was delivered doesn’t line up with what was promised.

Homast, you were with me yesterday when I hosted Hide n Seek  & Braveheart. Those sorts of events take a small amount of effort and a player who wants to bring something to peacetime. I put $90k into the pot and I’m very thankful that put in another $50k. Users and staff alike can create RP and mini games on the main server. The Event Server was meant to take it 3 steps further. Well thought out missions that required strong comms and orchestration, air vehicles and parachutes, water vehicles and diving, etc.

I feel for Shrimps and his medical issues, however the general populous was under the impression that the hiatus was over. Now there may have been additional underlying issues hindering the server but nothing was brought to light, so I feel that the community has a right to be frustrated.

Edit: @Lark idk what you’re talking about but I’ve held full on events lasting entire peacetime’s back on Taiga before I was even staff. As long as you obey Sim and Claim rules, you’re fine.

Edited by CAPT_Scoobs
  • Agree 2
6 minutes ago, 0zzy said:

dk what you’re talking about but I’ve held full on events lasting entire peacetime’s back on Taiga before I was even staff. As long as you obey Sim and Claim rules, you’re fine.

Apparently those are old rules.
I asked an executive and he said I need approval from faction leaders and if possible help from staff

• Disagree 1
11 minutes ago, 0zzy said:

The Event Server was meant to take it 3 steps further. Well thought out missions that required strong comms and orchestration, air vehicles and parachutes, water vehicles and diving, etc.

And that's what the GB and MARSOC Events were, but 

11 minutes ago, 0zzy said:

You’re allowed to be happy that events happened, however you’re allowed to be annoyed/mad/confused/and a whole host of emotions that only FOUR events happened in roughly 6-8 weeks.

I'm also on the side of being frustrated that there's nothing that I'm able to help with in terms of the event server, So I understand y'all frustration, Even Garnet does, Because He's got literally so much on his plate to deal with concerning the whole community.
All I'm saying is that it's unfair to say absolutely nothing has been done.

24 minutes ago, Lark said:

Apparently those are old rules.
I asked an executive and he said I need approval from faction leaders and if possible help from staff

Not true, me and Jim talked it out in TS after he said this and came to the conclusion that anyone is able to host an event or operation if they wanted too, i just advise them to plan it out.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Lark said:

Shrimps is rarely active.

Hence why I said "he's been on the server a handful of times." Never said he was active

1 hour ago, Lark said:

Well dont you think its kinda hard to do tryouts for a faction and not be able to give those who pass the whitelist let alone the fact that you dont have the whitelist. 

1 hour ago, Lark said:

Event server isnt new what so ever. Shrimps literally did nothing except for a hide and seek LMAO

Hence why I used the word "fairly". The original trailer for the event server came out 3 months ago so still FAIRLY new.

1 hour ago, Lark said:

Its not that they do "nothing" its that they can't do anything. For example the fact Homast said he cant spawn shit in.  All they really can do is what stork has been doing with the RP "minievents" which is what you claim to be boring.

Idk man not here to argue just wondering the point of these responses

1 minute ago, Not Naitsir said:

Well dont you think its kinda hard to do tryouts for a faction and not be able to give those who pass the whitelist let alone the fact that you dont have the whitelist. 

Rangers cant give wls too? but they seem to have a full tryout and they do them quite alot?? your point is invalid

2 minutes ago, Not Naitsir said:

The original trailer for the event server came out 3 months ago so still FAIRLY new.

The trailer came out way after event server was started.

2 minutes ago, Not Naitsir said:

Its not that they do "nothing" its that they can't do anything. For example the fact Homast said he cant spawn shit in.  All they really can do is what stork has been doing with the RP "minievents" which is what you claim to be boring.

You dont have to rely on "spawning things" to do something.