What is your Garnet story

Bortnik

January, 2020

I was looking for a game to play because I was just burnt out from my daily games. I have been playing Garry's Mod since Feb 3, 2013. I have always preferred the gamemode DarkRP but that's where I majority of my hours is in and I just have gotten bored from it. TTT has always been my second favorite but I just haven't found any enjoyable servers. Either their pay to win, or just way to custom for me to enjoy. Hence I just enjoy vanilla with a bit extra T/D weapons. I ran into GG TTT in late January and my first impression wasn't the greatest hence there was plenty of RDM'ers. Over the next few days that I was playing and I didn't encounter any staff. I thought " Is there even any staff?". I found my way to the forums to find out the TTT section has not been setup so I joined the discord and directly messaged Garnet about it. Within the next couple hours he got back to me and  informed me he was setting up a subforums for my needs. I put in a staff application and was accepted as the first staff member on GG TTT. 

It was mid 2017 and I joined when there were only three factions in Afganistan which were the IJU, ALQ,  and the mingy ass Taliban. Of course I joined the less popular faction at the time which was the ALQ because I couldn't get passed the damn IJU tryouts. ALQ at this time was led by who ever led it before mr gentle pickle. I eventually worked my way up into the ranks around when the 55th brigade started and then ended with me being fully demoted from my CWO3 position and then possibly blacklisted? I dont remember all that. Then my time fully ended with the end of the Haqqani network who's greatest general was @Medinator. The end?

Summer of 2017, A little 1MD Pvt working their way up but was a little mingy at first because thats how most of us starts out. Joined Phantom's MARSOC as GySgt and been true to MARSOC for a while. Made alot of cool friends like drax, phantom, Van, Buck, James, etc. Too many to list but we were having fun on MRP the boys were doing their thing we had a little drama happen every now and then. Things got shakey sometimes but we made it through. I personally loved MARSOC too much to give it up its basically my baby on MRP. late 2018 I resigned from my position under James lead. Next I came back under Jackal's Vegans and stuck around till he resigned from Vegans. And I made more cool friends during that time and had fun there too. And now to present time me when I joined back again but on MARSOC because of Jackal as well. Never got a leading position once until now so I plan to make it the best out of it. (Thats just a brief summary of my story on GG)

Joined in 2016 to MassRDM but ended up liking the server. First I joined Burton's Marines then went to Jester's Navy. I got booted from Jester's Navy because I had a racist last name. Then I joined Delta Force with MoneyGeez, became the best sniper on the server, almost got banned for "hacking" and then continued up the ranks to Captain. After that, I left and joined Marines under Shuga and then leadership kept changing until it ended up under Phantom. I started taking Marines seriously and made my way up to 1LT doing a shit ton of tryouts/doc work while only being on during the weekend.  After that I left, and well came back to MRP then went to SWRP then left again lol. 

Joined summer of 2016/2017 can"t really remember with my buddy waited like an hour to load into the server. I joined Navy right away did not have luck in SEAL tryouts or promotions. Joined IJU climbed up really fast but by the end of the summer I had quit and now I came back 3-4 years later in August.

Joined around spring of 2017 because I was bored as hell.. back when Marines and Navy did tryouts to get in them. They weren't a base faction at that time. But I left due to PC issues then came back Late 2017 then climbed up to the ranks of Army. Got fucked over at the rank of CSM as I wasn't promoted as 1SG and CSM were special ranks in Army (basically they were the SMA of Army) but people who were at Sergeant Major got to Warrant Officer but not me until FINALLY i got promoted. Went on till I was a Army CPT then resigned to 2LT left for a bit then had PC issues AGAIN. Came back AGANE of September 2018 then got off reserves then left Army to join GB until my COL resigned and someone got COL and wiped it so I never returned until now..

I watched youtube videos. Thought it looked fun. 

Joined Garnet Gaming MRP to fuck around and pretend to be military boi, I ended up actually enjoying it and the people I met playing it. 

Wanted staff, got staff. 

Wanted Manager, got Manager.

I fell out of love with it due to certain events / actions. I wish I could still enjoy playing it.

Around 2015to 2016, I hopped on after the drp server i played got removed. I was in the training room, and a tali spy shot down the door. He knew me from other games and said he would train me. I kept playing hoping he would see me rank up. I was a 07 at 50 hours, and kept going. Wanting him to see how far I got.

Joined the server for the first time in around May/June of 2016, when I recently moved to Florida and got my very first decent PC. I joined and was greeted by a bustling server filled with many different people, I remember I got trained and was so confused on what the fuck was happening lol. I continued to play and got even more addicted to the server from there on, and eventually reached the rank of GA shortly after Army Sniper was permanently banned from the server. I then led army for 2-3 months and resigned, I can't remember the exact reason I resigned tbh. Played on and off continuously throughout the years until I recently decided to quit playing for good and just become active on the forums only.

Fun times.

• Forums Moderator

In January around 8PM my brother said "bro have you ever played darkrp before? I said nah is it fun? He's said "yeah I used to play it it's on Gmod." We went on and printer farmed for 5 hours in a locked door base and somehow never got raided. From there I started playing gg drp everyday. Some people know the rest but if you dont: applied for staff about 3 weeks later, was accepted, had a blast on the staff team, made it to S Mod, resigned after getting really deep into SWRP, and built up to being 41st CDR. I love all the people I've met on the way and am excited to make new friends along the way : )

Act Ia The TaLiBaN ErA

Some time in mid to late 2016 I saw my friend @Maple playing on some MRP server (this one) and I am like "dude isn't MRP boring as shit" or some shit like that. So he replies like "eh I am kinda enjoying it". So i decide to join his game where I joined him in the Taliban. here I made some friends such as @Secretkilla @Dillan and many others (Dillan do you remember me?) Anyways a few months go by and next thing I know it I am the Second In Command of Taliban because My friend Maple got Allah from Obama probably one of the best guys I met on this server. Sadly although I got Prophet (2nd In Command of Tali)  It only lasted about a week because Maple had a big forehead and tried to remove Dillan for certain reasons. now if you didn't know removing Dillan from anything at that time resulted in you meeting garnet against your freewill and also getting a forced resignation as I saw with Maple. Sadly I got caught in the this too because I got appointed by Maple. After this all happened I decided I should quit the server at least for a bit since I no lifed the server at that time like I currently have been doing again.

Act Ib Random Shit Unrelated to My Time in the Taliban

So random shit I can barley remember was:

OG GOATSOC, We used to run around stabbing ppl with knives on US to aid the Taliban in war  before they made that against the rules, After that we were used as garage door openers in comms because of our tiny hit boxes and immense speed  we could slip in and press the button to open the door so the Taliban could shoot RPG's/ bullets at the US easier

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TU1slRBgLBWqtSN61Bmo1AbkG79c5xglIFjhvkWXkqA/edit?usp=sharing

Another was meeting @Bleach when I fucked around with RU. If you don't know him this will catch you up

I joined GB, Rangers, and what ever the Russian SOC was called when it was 4 factions (think it was GRU? idk)

Remember a bunch of Americans (mainly Marines/MARSOC) took over the old RU base and were going by the Tunnel Snakes from Fallout. I was their tunnel goat or something like that.

Tali RPG was a grenade launcher with the FAS weapons pack we used to have and that thing could snipe into US base from a bit out of Tali base. The RPG was also really good at making the signs in Tali base spin around allowing us to kill people with the signs.

Act II Intermission Ages

In these times I would hop onto the server with @Maple from time to time to fuck around and see if we still didn't like the server. in these times we both have been banned for mass at least 3-4 times because we usually got bored and started dueling each other with our deags in base and the staff were like Ooga Booga we ban you guys. Eventually I did find a time where I enjoyed the server back on like the 3rd of  October 2018.

Act III First RU SOC Faction

So shortly after coming back to the server like a week later probably I ended up going to some tryout just to try to see if I could sim some people. Next thing I know it they asked me some questions after I simed some people and next thing I know it I am in some faction Called GRU. In the early days I had two people I could call friends in that faction those being @Kendal and @Dtedey these guys were probably the reason I felt like I could come back and if I didn't go to RU when i came back I probably would have just stayed in Act II of my GG life.  This Era of my time here was spent being a minge with the rest of my GRU boys. This was tons of fun but led to us getting shit like from Pencil when we decided GRU was going to Ghillie up for a while as seen in this video!

Other things we did was torture people to the lovely tune of Easy street while we T-posed on them on Ghillie. Anyways If you all care my leaders in GRU were Jim for a week or so, then BatHulkSmash for a little under a month because I left after being in GRU for approximately a month.

Act IV Froggies

I joined Frogmen only because @Bleach was the only one I know when I first came back to the server back in October. the only reason I didn't tryout for Frogmen before GRU was because all of Frogmen were never on to do tryouts because Bleach's mic broke so they decide to all go inactive. But once we reached the first Echo map I left GRU to get into Frogmen this was around November 14th 2019. The thing that got me to finally take the step to Frogmen was @Koulit saying "So when are you coming to frogmen" . I did however have other inspirations such as both Dtedey and Kendal leaving GRU to Frogmen. This era taught me one thing and one thing only that being how to be super racist thanks @Bleach! This era went by like a blur for me and before I knew it me and Kendal were already planning to try to take over Green Beret together after Fupy (Fupert) let it sit dead for what was probably a month or two. 

Act V Green Berries_v1

So this Era as you know started off with me and @Kendal taking over Green Beret because the US were lacking at the time and we wanted to swap to help out the US plus we had the opportunity to take our own faction. There were a few struggles with this as Shrimps was trying to take it over from Kendal the COL at the time. this was hard on us because  we knew we had to kick him out but neither one of us wanted to actually kick someone out but this was a great opportunity for Kendal to grow a pair while I sat there and watched Kendal kick out Shrimps. After that things were quite peaceful in GB and we kept on getting great members such as @Peekay (he was from me and Kendal's GRU days) once we stacked up GB we got tones of praise from all of US because we probably made the closes thing to a tier one faction US has seen at least since  Jackal had GB before Fupert. Eventually however our faction had a struggle when I had it because people wanted to rather leave the server or go back to other factions. After about 2 weeks of having COL I decided I didn't really want to lead a faction and I was letting my second in command do everything I wanted to do with the faction @AwesomeAidan which was mainly just making  specialization tryouts. When I resigned I decided to take a week before I decide to join a faction and went to a few tryouts for fun.

random vid from my GB

Act VI SIMPSOC Sgt Retard Reporting For Duty Sir!

So this era of my GG life started abruptly when I went to a MARSOC tryout just to fuck with @JoeBudden , @Remake and Crypt (I don't remember her @ nor do I care enough to figure it out) in these tryouts I think I only passed one portion which was a sim against another MARSOC Trainee.  But I definitely should have failed before I even finished that portion because i kept on joining their squad after they put me on their whitelist (I joined it at least two or three times). After that portion I believe i had to sim against Ting which I think I won one round of sims because I only used my pistol or the scar close range with the ACOG. but somehow I made it through that portion. Eventually I made it to the Final portion and i was like okay i am just going to 360 no scope for the sniper sims against Crypt. I think I won once against her out of the three sims we did. then they decided Joe will just do the sniper sims which I got out thrown on by Joe. long story short I got told rather take the Whitelists or take the Blacklist and i didn't really want to get blacklisted from MARSOC, which birthed MARSOC Sgt Retard. These times were quite fun as I got to annoy the shit out of my faction members and shit on Joe when we simed because Joe is bad. my time in MARSOC spanned through 3 leaders those being Remake, Joe then Jackal where I resigned(was like WO at that time) under him to go play Tarkov with the bois @Sim_One @Faith-_- @draggydx @Bleach and Flame ( Also don't know his @)

Act VII My Return To The Green Beans!

So the only reason I came back to the server was because my Tarkov boys were playing less often as were once were plus the Carona virus gave me tons of time to play games so I decided to play on the server again. I eventually decided ill go back to where I left off in MARSOC and come off those reserves but the day before I decided I wanted to join it enlisted reserves got wiped so I only had my Green Beret reserves so I came off of those. After coming off I realized the faction was all retarded and i was starting to regret it in the moment but after spending some time with them I have really grown to them from the past three maps I have played with them. Now that's about it for now that is my current story.

I don't know why I spent so much time on this I don't even think I covered too much of the interesting parts. Might come back and throw in some videos but most of my clips are just war clips so idk.

I did come back and put in some clips 😕 kinda 5am now I have been up all night watching clips....

Archived