What is your Garnet story

Bortnik

I can tell the Garnet Gamers have become bored of my name thread, so I’m making a new one for y’all to pass some time and read some paragraphs.

This thread is intended for you to tell how you came to garnet. So basically recount your first day on garnet and if you want to talk about your whole experience here go for it. (I pretty much put mine on @Mikesplintzwithflint’s thread)

My 1st day:(sometime in December 2017)

I remember it like it was yesterday, it’s just the names were “cloudy”. What I do remember is I wanted to be a marine, an it was on V1. So I played a war, got promoted, and then someone approached me to join army, so I did. Then I met Chris Branch and he’s awesome. I played another war then got off. I didn’t intend to get on again but I did, and I did for the next few days and months and years.

November 11th, 2018 ~7PM EST
Koulit: “Alrighty I’m gonna play MRP”

Me: What’s MRP?

Our friend: it’s boring don’t play it, all you do is sit around and wait for war to start

Me: sounds interesting, hey Koulit mind if I join

koulit: sure

then stuff happened and here I am in 2020 playing it to this day

also I want to @Koulit cause I wouldn’t be here without him

First day was sometime around late August 2016 back on csdesert. All I can remember is that it took fucking forever for someone to train me. It took so long the first time I joined that I left the server and came back the next day. Then when I was finally trained, my trainer was a complete dickhead and he half-assed everything.

19 minutes ago, Jared Cox said:

First day was sometime around late August 2016 back on csdesert. All I can remember is that it took fucking forever for someone to train me. It took so long the first time I joined that I left the server and came back the next day. Then when I was finally trained, my trainer was a complete dickhead and he half-assed everything.

Nice.

I joined at some point in mid 2016 on a shitty acer laptop got trained and promptly left as it was mid day for me so nobody was on, came back every week or so for an hour at most until mid 2017 when I started playing very actively and joined Marines, I was a 1stSgt under @Phantom at some point between August and October, I was in @Bendak's 75R as a SGT, I joined MP and proceeded to do pretty much nothing aside from arresting Marines ontop of DB.  From there I started getting well known within the community, 3 years later here I am.

Also I was both of @Bendak's 75R so thats kinda quirky.

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin

In 2016, I first hopped on the server because one of my staff members, Tacocat, was a Tali Cpt and recommended I try it out. Played Tali for about a week and then never got on till 2018. Played a little US towards the end of v3 into Siberia. Left, and came back in August of 2018 for good on Forest. Wanted try Russia this time. I was working my way up in 2GA when I just grew tired of the monotony and wanted to join a SOC. I tried out for SSO, failed cause I got stuck by a target on its way down, got 2GA LT as an attempt to keep me from leaving, and then passed PDSS all in one peacetime. Spent the next 800-900 hours in Frogmen. Taiga FM was by far the most close knit faction I’ve ever been in. Most of us are still homies till this day.

Joined at the end of Nov 2016 and got trained for RU, played it for a bit and then went to UK. I probably played US but that was after joining SAS and shit with Jester but badly enough if was when Garnet planned on removing UK and RU for more US factions and stuff for Taliban. A lot of weird shit happened once SAS got removed cause we got Navy, SEALs ended up getting taken by Dude Bro and he let a bunch of wacky people in there, ended up getting SEALs back after Jester got Dude Bro banned  and removed from staff and some time later I was given leadership for the faction. Ran it decently for like 5 or 6 months an dipped at the end of 2017. Within the timeframe of 2017 I lead way more factions than I could handle and was dual staffing (SWRP). I had SEALs, Delta, Haqn, and Galactic Marines to take care of as well as minor roles I had taken up to help others and it was a pain in the ass. Ended up dropping all of it besides SEALs and sometime after my staff demotion I decided to dip.  Since then I kinda just come back for a bit and test out what's new and how the factions are and end up leaving again. My most recent comeback was probably the longest I've played since 2016/2017.

March, 2018.

The MRP Server was actually just a place for me to chill after a few competitive games on CSGO.

Here's my Story :

One day i was bored and tired of CSGO but then i saw Jameskii's Video playing Garry's mod so i went ahead and tried it. I was abit confuse on which gamemode he choose, so i just click MilitaryRP because it sounded cool and that time GG Had over 120 Players, so i joined. 

D7CC0DCEA487578C23E553730C6FE9E455B50E8D ^Me and My RFR Who trained me 2GA RFR SGT Guns after i passed Marksman and RFR Tryout at my 2nd day 😄

I was lucky because i got trained right away by this man even when it was war. Along with another random who i have forget his name 😞My first day was really confusing , i barely know english and i lined up in the GRU Line at first ever debrief xD

My first war was very rough, Town was where i was ordered to, and i couldn't tell the difference between RU & US So i shot everyone hoping there isn't friendly fire at the server. At the end i manage to kill 3-6 US With an AK ( I was camping at the SW Building terriefied , lol )

Later i actually liked the server and made a schedule for it , only 2-3 Hours of MilitaryRP Per day, and wanted to join a SOC Faction. GRU Was the first faction i tryout, but how they do it was confusing because they give their order in-game. SSO However gave the tryout docs (Which is very useful for me , thanks @Ethan❤️ ) i Would translate his docs so i'll know his instruction and managed to pass on my 2nd attempt ( With @YeetMeister ) becausethe first attempt, br0ken at that time was at the tryout with me , killing everyone with his orsis -_-

My story:

So basically my brother Tristan, asked if I wanted to play this game with him, so I said yes.

I chose RU because I wanted to battle my brother, and I liked the game.

thats it.

Sometime in 2015/early 2016 I remember joining the server because I had wanted to play on an active server. The community I was currently in at the time and Admin on was slowly dying off, becoming inactive, so I joined GarnetGaming DarkRP because it had a high player count. I joined with the username "GramdWizowd" and remember meeting ENDMYLIFE, Louise (Chase), Golfball, and a few others as the first people whom I became friends with first. I remember when the server had the clubs/gangs you could join. When the Staff on Duty models were the fat guy and every time a player had a sit they'd say "I can't take a fatguy seriously." I remember when the fork lifts were still whitelisted and Golfball, myself, and someone else I can't remember, would prop minge/surf to reach "the high grounds." I even remember Garnet telling me he thought I was just some funny mingey 12 year old boy and that was why he didn't hate me right off the bat lmao. 

Gaming doesn't hit the same anymore FeelsWeirdMan

Went into Gmod for the first time thinking that everyone just played Guess Who and Prop hunt all day, so to my surprise when all those servers were essentially dead i didnt know what to do so i stopped playing with a total of 10 hours on the game.

Mid 2017 I got recommended a Gmod video from CallMeKevin where he was playing HogwartsRP, so me being the Harry Potter fanboy that I am i got on Gmod to give it a try. After around 2 months of purely maining one of the old servers I decided to try another gamemode. Looking at the server list had me confused. I had no idea what anything was and after googling DarkRP to see what I was supposed to do there I still didnt have a clue. MilitaryRP was the next thing in the server browser so i thought hell yeah army and shit i guess? I joined the top server clueless of how things went down.

Thankfully the person training me was on recruit training grind so he told me to follow him and he got me trained in 10 minutes.

One of my earlier memories was of a GB guy claiming he was deaf or some shit idk, pretty sure he turned out to be a banned player on an alt lol.

It was during the Summer of 2019, I was super bored and had no other games to play. I decided to get on Garry's mod for the first time in years and i was just searching and came across the Game mode MRP. I knew of the (Redacted) Fuse Community from when i originally played the game and i disliked it, so the next choice on the tab list was GG. I Joined the server, got trained for RU then after a hour i switched over to US, where i was trained by Guitar, my first day on the community I met people like Guitar, Mark Duglas, Harris, ETC. I had no real intent of staying on this community, just wanted to pass time. But when i got on the second day, it just went to the next and the next and then I eventually started to main it. I Remember the fascination I had with ranking up and working hard to get that officer position. Ultimately I became addicted to the community and haven't stopped playing since.

Summer 2017, joined some MilRP game (can't remember the original name) and decided to try it out. I got staff, and while I was T. Mod the game was sold to a player named Kevin Gates. Then, the game was sold to Garnet (not sure about these details, its official from what i've heard). I was an active staff member, eventually making it to Super Admin. Played as USMC MARSOC LtGen mainly, but I also helped launch ISI. I left due to drama and disinterest with the current state of things. Now I decided to come back and play on and off, lurking basically.

September/November 15th 2018 (cant remember)

Me and my friends were getting bored of sandbox, so I asked them if they wanted to play MRP, they said no, but I finally convinced them to at least try it, Garnet Gaming was the first server I saw, so I hopped on, I was getting trained, and the trainer told me to wait at the gate... the trainer never came back, a different trainer came up to me and just gave me the whitelist, so I technically never was trainer properly, my friends then joined and they were trained as well, none of them ever stayed on the server only I did. Flash forward to march 2020 I get perma banned 

Archived