DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Zeros - Game Master Application

• Community Director

In-game name: ST CPL DEG 0000 Zeros/41st SSG 0000 Zeros
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:138807332
Warns: 0
Timezone: EST
Playtime?: | 41st SFC 0000 Zeros has played for 152:34:16.  [Phantom told me to wait till 120, and to his knowledge the requirement is being waived]
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?:  YES
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: YES
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]  @eli_ @Oboshi @{GG} Bishopil
Past experiences as a Game Master: I was previously a Gamemaster over on a community called DefconNations/DefconGaming, prior to my arrival here in 2015, and on [REDACTED] Networks for 1 month before leaving to come back here. I have a larger background more recently in FiveM and ArmaIII as Event Coordinator which is essentially the same thing as a Gamemaster.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? I've been a member of GarnetGaming for 5 years, and even before it was Garnet. I'm here for the long haul, even when I take breaks from the server or stop playing (which is rarely at that), I still always come back to Garnet Gaming. Garnet has been a psuedo-home for me for the course of the past 5 years. It's somewhere where even if I think I'm not wanted back, I still am. Sometimes the people here can have there "spells" and sometimes so can I but, in the right situations I know I can competently handle myself. Simply put, I am reliable, StarWarsRP is still very new, and I think someone competent and reliable is exactly what we need.

Over the past 8+ Days, I have shown 100% dedication to this server, compared to by very few. I actively try to take part in helping when and where I can. Recently I have been helping Phantom, Kicks, Aparh, and Bishop in events, whether it be pitching ideas, or simply filling an Event Character. I think with helping the current GMs on events and with the feedback I usually get personally, I feel as if I would be a great fit. Gamemasters take a lot of creativity and trial and error, in the end of the day you can't please everyone, but you can do your best to make as many people have a great time. TL;DR I can be there (Reliable), I've shown over the past few days I can run events or help run them (Competent), and I have played the server consistently (Dedicated). I would love the opportunity to advance myself on StarWarsRP and advance the community. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? I believe while I left the server a ban was attempted on me on MRP, I was jokingly banned by Garnet before so my bans were broken (can't be banned in-game); apparently about "Doc Tampering" for adding myself to reserves while still 2IC - The 1IC claimed he never reported it to management, and the reserves were left on 6 weeks after the ban, so I'm unsure, the manager told me I couldn't appeal it as the ban time would have been over.... Figured I'd disclose it none the less.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: For the past 8+ days I have been playing for 14-16 hours a day. After COVID-19, probably down to my usual 4-6 hours a night, more on the weekends.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: At it's core value's I believe a competent gamemaster and the main responsibility of one is someone who is there to influence roleplay in a positive creative manner. Which encourages players to experience fun, and different roleplay difficult to set up by normal users. This can be done in ambient roleplay or a structured event, either way, it's done to enhance the user's experience, which is the end goal.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I feel as most Gamemasters focus on the "Daily Events", where as my focus is on the "ambient" or "multi-day" events/roleplay. Too often players are left sitting without the proper tools and methods to create different RP. I feel by structuring the server with reliable ambient roleplay, that can be furthered on by users would drastically enhance the server. Multi-Day events are a great way to gear players up towards major story line events. On a less "hands on method" - I can definitely assure anyone that I can create scripts/documents, with directives to make roleplay go more smoothly, such as prevent the ADM from saying "Kill the clones" rather than "Kill the droids", this type of pre-planning is something I have always been strong at. I have worked with the game master team before and I think I can continue to do so as a peer. 

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: Scheduled Multi-Events. Sounds simple enough but the massive effort of multiple gamemasters and planning is something that is truly what will take the user's experience from 0 to 100. Teaming up and testing events privately, running them before they happen is a fantastic way to ensure things go as smoothly as they can. People want to know when event's happen in advance, that's how we can manage to draw users on the server. Once we do, we can then focus on keeping them on the server. Coordinating with Calendars such as the SteamGroup and the Forums calendar would be coordination and great roleplay at it's finest. 

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

Event 1: "The Mysterious Ticking Noise" - This is mainly a plot to a larger event character, such as a character reveal. This would be a multi-day event starting off with a few players encountering pieces of a transmission (a word puzzle/riddle) which players, on their own would need to figure out, once the base as a whole understands the message/distress call, training sims for hostage rescue would be started to ensure battalions understand their roles in it - meanwhile gamemasters would be setting up transport to a Venator where for 24 IRL hours, the ship would be traveling to (and from) this far distant distress call, peaking the interest of the Jedi, Clones, Navy, and even High Command back on Coruscant. As the travel commences, smaller event's would be tied into fit with the direct story line. When you reach the planet after hours of travel and encounters, you reach the Distressed party which turns out to be a trap by a Major Plot Character - who's maniacal planning lured the 7th Fleet into exactly where he/she wanted. Selected players would be choosen to roleplay heavily to determine one of a number of possible outcomes that affect this player later on.

Event 2: "Rowdy Prisoners" - Jailbreaks are seemly few and far between, often unplanned, but what happens when the prisoners band together to over whelm the Shock and siege control of the Anaxes Base, as revenge for throwing them in confinement. This particular event is more-so ambient, rather than major, it's story line and events are entirely controlled by users as some events should be. 

Event 3: "Weird Flex, But Okay" - The Republic is throwing a competition amongst it's units to find the best in all categories. This event resembles the US Military's frequent competition with other branches, and other units in a variety of events, more along the lines of a fun event rather than strict roleplay, but not deferred from realism as it resembles events that happen in real life, and is apart of nearly any military culture. Event's can include: Sharpshooter Trials, Speeder Racing, Silent Infiltration, Team vs Team Coordination, King of the Hill, etc. The nice portion of this event is that it's flexible and dynamic with it's "components."

Event 4: "Locked In" - Those pesky CIS are up to their usual shenanigans. Some how, they've managed to seal the Main Hangar Bay door, our best engineers can't fix it and our LAATs can't take off, blowing up the door would ruin the base and force us of the base for months. The Republic sure isn't going to pay for you blowing up their door, which leaves the clones to escape only via the Side Hangar Bay, however this point is easily controllable from the outside, which the CIS most definitely have taken advantage of. Due to the Main Hangar Bay being closed and the Side being occuped by CIS... Supply Ships are unable to  deliver, ammo and weaponry - so those Gonk Droids are tapped empty! Users must band together to find a creative means of escape that doesn't provide mass casualties and uses their limited resources.

Event 5: "Testing Testing 1,2,3" - The final event is one that is currently in part use but was suggested by me to the current GMs. All available Pilots run flight simulations on any environment, originally suggested for the Venator - practicing "Touch and Goes", evasive maneuvers, simulated dogfights, low fuel scenarios, Mayday calls, Artillery Evasion, Stealth Flying, Crash Survival and Quick Infil/Exfils (most include other battalions)

Edited by AlexConway
  • Creative 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, Alex Conway said:

TL;DR I can be there (Reliable), I've shown over the past few days I can run events or help run them (Competent), and I have played the server consistently (Dedicated). I would love the opportunity to advance myself on StarWarsRP and advance the community. 

You have all the necessities I think a GM should have. You have also done a good job RPing with me while on Navy. Easy+1.

• Like 1
  • Forums Moderator

He's shown he is dedicated to SWRP and that he truly wants to help it for the better. He did some amazing work last night with the Rishii moon event and I believe would make a great GM. Would love to see him running some insane events.

+1

• Like 1
7 hours ago, eli_ said:

He's shown he is dedicated to SWRP and that he truly wants to help it for the better. He did some amazing work last night with the Rishii moon event and I believe would make a great GM. Would love to see him running some insane events.

+1

I agree with this, Conway has also contributed by putting a lot of effort into remaking the Shock documents in way that makes it easier to  log arrests as well as activity. If he puts the same amount of effort into events, I think it would benefit the server as a whole. +1

• Like 1

+1 You would be a great addition to the gamemaster team. Your roleplay in game is unique and enjoyed by others. Your events are really interesting too and it would be nice to see them happen on the server. 

• Like 1
On 5/17/2020 at 11:57 AM, Alex Conway said:

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I feel as most Gamemasters focus on the "Daily Events", where as my focus is on the "ambient" or "multi-day" events/roleplay. Too often players are left sitting without the proper tools and methods to create different RP. I feel by structuring the server with reliable ambient roleplay, that can be furthered on by users would drastically enhance the server. Multi-Day events are a great way to gear players up towards major story line events. On a less "hands on method" - I can definitely assure anyone that I can create scripts/documents, with directives to make roleplay go more smoothly, such as prevent the ADM from saying "Kill the clones" rather than "Kill the droids", this type of pre-planning is something I have always been strong at. I have worked with the game master team before and I think I can continue to do so as a peer. 

+1  I agre with this, you are on early and if you can do daily events often it would be amazing rather than sitting around

• Like 1