DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Mental Health Checkpoint

2020 was supposed to be the year of everyone’s vision coming true. Boy did we get Punk’d, y’all remember that show? Anyway between figuring out what people in my life truly care and realizing I have no control of every aspect of my life it’s been tiring. I left my job with Law Enforcement in the beginning of the year, who would’ve thought that it may had been best decision of my life since they are so targeted now. Then fast forward to about a month ago my wife and I split as some of you all already know. And here as of right now I am on the road to recovery through doing something I hadn’t done in quite some time which is recommitting my life to my faith. Yeah I may still  come off as a complete dick sometimes but, I am a work in progress. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • The Garnut
18 hours ago, Communist_Marshal said:

My life is as best as it been lately.

18 hours ago, Zachman said:

My life is as best as it been lately.

Super happy to hear that, alot of people took time away from life to work on themselves.

18 hours ago, BINLADINHOE said:

Lets just say this is a REALLY shitty time of year for me and the whole community at least helps a little...

We're on the final stretch it looks like, stay strong.

17 hours ago, Homast said:

While as cliched as it is: Stay Optimistic, Life may be trying to beat you down at the moment, but you're better than life, and you've already made it this far

^

17 hours ago, LalaDeviluke said:

i've been more sleepy than usual, I can't do much outside of staying inside and i can get into alot of things because i'm trying to find a trade school for a few trades i was interested in but idk if i'll be able to get into one until corona gone

I'm fairly confident schools are re-openning soon enough, and even if not at full capacity, you will be able to find a trade you enjoy. May I suggest welding as it's fairly simple and pays out super well? as for your katana - get it done once quarantine is up, it's still there.

16 hours ago, Eggdog2 said:

its been meh shit has been rocky as fuck in the start but i have been doing good now 

seems to be a theme as we're going back to normalcy 

16 hours ago, proggy said:

It'd be best to use all this madness as a chance for personal growth.

I saw a quote on instagram/facebook/can't recall which said "if you didn't earn a new skill or fix your internal conflicts during this quarantine, you are the only one holding yourself back" and it is so true.

16 hours ago, eli_ said:

Not doing too well. My mental health has been at its worse it's ever been and I've lost a few friends recently. I know it's just part of growing up but shit sucks. Haven't been sleeping too well either.

I'm sorry to hear that man, but yes, it is unfortunately a part of growing up and you learn to cope better. I'm happy to hear the community is helping you out.

16 hours ago, Tzar said:

For my its as if my life is the Vietnam War right now,
pointless and extremely damaging to my mental health.

As I've mentioned directly above, we're all on the final stretch, life will return to a somewhat more normal state, and your mental health can only go up from there!

15 hours ago, 0zzy said:

Dementia hitting both grandfathers at the same time has made me feel more helpless than I ever have in my life.

Fuck dementia. Fuck Alzheimer’s.

Unfortunately I had to deal with the exact same situation myself, 3 times, and it's inevitably going to happen to me one day, so yes, fuck dementia.

16 hours ago, TheDudeAbides said:

Alright I suppose. As ya do ya know. Cripplingly lonely, worn the hell out by bad job, minor paranoia, but hey car payments almost finished, and I started making some cream puffs today. 

Don't be stress eating there man

15 hours ago, Jared Cox said:

I would say right now I'm doing alright, I just feel mentally frustrated at everything that 2020 has become. My last 3 months of my senior year of high school vanished completely because of corona, however I could potentially have a scuffed graduation in July. I probably might not be able to move into the college dorms come September as well which angers me greatly. I, like many high school seniors, have been working very hard for this graduation year for a very good 13 years, countless bullshit homework assignments and many hours of studying all just to get kicked in the jaw by a global pandemic cancelling everything.

I can't fucking wait to tell future generations in my family about this year.

Seniors definitely had it the worst, when it comes to missing graduation/prom/and moving in their dorms for college. With that being said, graduation was genuinely not anything special to myself, and you will still get to move out into your dorms, so you can always look forward to that, you're being held back for a few months which sucks, but it's still going to happen.

• Friendly 5
  • 3 years later...

Just stumbled upon this old thread and couldn't help but feel nostalgic. Remember the days when we were all checking in on each other, supporting one another through thick and thin? Good times.
Hope life's been treating you well these past four years. It's crazy how time flies, isn't it? But hey, some things never change – like the sense of community we've built here.
Also, here's something I recently came across: HHC Gummies. They're supposed to be great for unwinding and taking the edge off. You can buy HHC Gummies and see for yourself. Anyway, just wanted to drop by and say hi. Here's to many more years of camaraderie and support.

Edited by DiegoCooke
  • Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 11:21 PM, DiegoCooke said:

Just stumbled upon this old thread and couldn't help but feel nostalgic. Remember the days when we were all checking in on each other, supporting one another through thick and thin? Good times.

see thats the thing. loving and caring has dwindled so much over the years and its always "me me me". I get depressed at times and I try and cheer up my friends and check in on them from time to time. But it just feel like hatred has taken the world by a storm and people would rather keep to themselves then actually care about anybody else as if its too much to ask for.

lost somebody very dear to me recently. other then that, ive tried to stay happy.