DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Mental Health Checkpoint

I have managed to bring myself back on track for the most part, believe it or not. I can happily say that the bottle doesn't have a grip on me as bad as it used to and summer workouts have begun for football. A scholarship never seemed closer in my life. I think it has been a month now since i have left and somewhat closed myself off from the community. I understand what I did was wrong and I am doing my best to see it as a thing to learn from. Never has has there been a larger fall for me in this community, and yet never have I matured so much in so little time.

• Like 1

This pandemic has wasted an entire year of my life. In my line of work hiring season is feb to april as this is downtime in the shooting community, due to restrictions nobody could leave their work place and nobody could get hired, IE I have to wait until next feb-april to attempt to get a job. 

The gas we use to rear our chicks is a biproduct of aviation fuel but due to air traffic there has been more than a shortage, most shoots are unsure if they will be open for the next few years due to this, bad time to be a gamekeeper.

The riots and nonsense from the US has come to the UK for some idiotic reason, whenever this happens there are typically restrictions applied in high risk areas (guns) so i cant wait to have any black polymer firearm taken (which country workers need to do their jobs) because some pricks decide to protest in the wrong country.

TLDR: year of my life gone, no money coming in only going out, the BLM asshats are potentially gonna fuck my firearms laws even further.

The big facade of me being me is pretty much a coping mechanism in the realisation im effectively fucked.

@Ozzy Try and keep your grandfathers close to you, mine had dementia and i didnt do that, nothing worse than being forgotten by a family member

Edited by Jake
honesty
  • Like 1

The pandemic started to stress me at the beggining just being in the house not being able to go out or do anything. It had gotten better after everything started to open and i was able to go out and be happy but summer football workouts havent been able to start yet which is kind of fucked but its all good. Hopefully soon the workouts will be able to start but on  good notes coaches have been in contact and i've been invited to camps for later in the summer and a candidate for this years captains for the team so its gotten hype lifes pretty good atm. 

knock on wood though

Edited by D_Rose
  • Haha 1

dont wanna jinx it but ive been hella good lately. I've dropped a friend group irl that was really toxic 🐍, got a new group and they honestly bring out the best of me (as cringe as that sounds). I have recently noticed that the dumb saying you hear from your parents or family "choose your friends wisely, hanging out with the wrong people will never end up well", this statement i brushed off as a kid but its so true. Make sure you guys are hanging out with the right people, it really shapes who you are as a person.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I've gotten into a pretty bad mindset, I'm recovering now from it, and I'm happier with talking and hanging with friends. But I'm still destroying my sleep schedule and my temper is still very short fused. I want to start streaming again but I feel like it's useless, because Paypal is fucking me over and I can't access the donation money and it just feels hopeless with that.

5 hours ago, Insekto said:

I'm doing okay, still dealing with a lot of personal issues, mentally exhausted from this year and just want it to be over with.

Legit this year has been so terrible. Like I have had so many health things go upside down, not even just the virus I have to deal with, but other health problems that have happened since this year. 

Lack of motivation to do much of anything productive; started sometime late last year after my HS graduation, I was actually doing rather well up until quarantine and social distancing where that dropped off fast. I've started and stopped random projects since January, which has helped slightly but not by much since they stop generally out of laziness and getting bored of the repitition. And then there's isolation and social distancing reinforcing my social anxiety, which is gonna make it extra hard when everything opens and responsibility comes back (soon). I dropped two groups of online/IRL friends: I'm a quiet person and so one of the groups I just wasn't participating in and left, while the other had essentially met new people to chill with and stopped talking to a few of us others as often. I also haven't spoken to many people (just one or two, legit) outside of GG and my family since early April, so that's nice.

While the peacefulness of isolation is nice, I'm dreading going back to stressing to find work and having to deal with other people. My earlier plans for community college (don't want loans and debt) have been put on hold until I can figure out how to do it, which is unfortunate as I was pretty hyped for it.

Hope everybody else is doing well and they figure out what they need to figure out, all physical, mental, and emotional, yourself or not.

Well, I’ve been doing pretty good. Considering this is how I normally am, just excluding parties and hanging out with friends. I normally play all day after school unless I have plans. During summer all I do is workout and well... play more video games. So personally this quarantine hasn’t done much to affect my mental health/routines. The only thing I hated from this is was how it was handled for school. I normally do all my homework during school so I can come home and chill. In doing so, I associate being at my house with not doing school work, so anytime I got work I just didn’t do it. Not because I was lazy or any of that, but because it’s not my routine. I am optimistic about my swimming, I’ve been working hard and I think It will pay off. I may make state this year for swimming. Last year I went to regionals, and that was the summer where I didn’t do anything(workout wise). So I cannot wait for school to resume and see all of my friends and teammates, I look forward to it. 

As for people who are heavily affected by the outbreak, I hope your situation can get better. If you’re affected by this, I’m not the best at showing sympathy, but if you want to talk about anything, here’s my discord:  Bortnik#0002