DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Buff Bartender

Description: Treat Bartender similarly to the Drug dealer. He would have his normal stock to sell from, but instead of only being able to sell 1 beer and 1 water (and 1 lean, etc...) at a time he would be able to buy any amount like any other classes. Currently, if you drop a beer and someone runs off with it, you're unable to buy another one and must swap classes. There's also no rule stating that someone who bought a beer must drink it right away, so since that isn't stealing there's nothing preventing someone from buying your items and running it to their base to hold onto.

The Drug Dealer can buy shipments of every drug in a crate. I think it would make sense for a bartender to do so as well, as this would allow to have "beer on tap" or to buy in bulk to save operating costs.

Reasoning: More bars would be run and as a result it would enrich one of (in my personal opinion) the funnest roleplays in the server: Operating and/or drinking/chilling in a bar. This change would save people time, money, and prevent griefing the bartender. Lastly, there is currently no way to crack open a six pack of beers or buy a round for the whole bar without having to give someone a beer, watch them drink it, then move onto the next person.

Additional Information: Lean spawns inside of the dumpsters for hobos, leading them to be able to produce more lean than the actual class that has traditionally sold such an item. If it was an issue of too many entities on the map, it shouldn't be included in the dumpster.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

+1 I think bartenders honestly need a buff. Too easily of a missed class. There's also items that could be added like burgers, hotdogs, donuts, that could provide buffs of their own, and would allow for restaurants to be built..there's also plenty of bottles that could be used to make other drinks. I think the bartender honestly needs MORE to serve.

• Agree 3
10 minutes ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

Neutral

Some buffs for the bartender would be nice, but I almost never see the role being used, and when it is being used nobody interacts with it, so I don't think it would be worth the effort. 

Maybe more people would use it if it was made to be worth more time, like the drug dealer has certain things people love using.

58 minutes ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

Neutral

Some buffs for the bartender would be nice, but I almost never see the role being used, and when it is being used nobody interacts with it, so I don't think it would be worth the effort. 

This is the dumbest thing I ever heard,  more people would use it if it was better. Because why would people use it if it’s not a good thing to use in its current state? 

+1 Seems like a beneficial change

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

+1

Bartender does need some buffs, but maybe additional functionality that makes them more relevant.
Maybe something like drunk patrons have " " "enhanced charisma" " " and get minor discounts from the perk vending machine. Idk, just spit-balling.

They are a good RP class, but don't bring too much to the table functionality wise imo.

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines