DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Lily Pad Application :)

Ricer

In-game name: Lily Pad
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:67471156
Warns: 1 warns but it was suppose to be a verbal :[ 
Timezone: Central Daylight Time
Playtime?: 121:04:31.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes but I don't really like talking with my mic unless I have too
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes but Geforce kinda stinks atm
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Canlex  helped me with the staff rules and explained them to me
    Past experiences as staff: Nope
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] You could choose me because I think for myself it would be a great opportunity for me to learn everyone in the community. Also I'd think it'd be cool to meet with other staff and make the Server better and better as time goes by. I think being staff is fun with doing sits and learning what people do and helping out with Garnet's community. Being staff would help me out because I'll have something to do and staff would help other people and help me too. I also think that being staff would help out other staff so they wouldn't be stress taking on so many sits when there's more staff around. I also want a some sort of reputation so I don't get overlooked by some random person I want to be like well known for something. Like How DudeAbides is a well known DJ  Snoop Dog, Cookie is Cookie. I also want to be staff so I don't get rdm and loose my shit (Perks weapons ect). 🙂
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details Nope
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I'll do it whenever I have the chance too
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I like to play Volleyball and hang out with Friends and Family
Did you read the staff rules?: Yes

Edited by Ricer
  • Friendly 1
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, Ricer said:

I also want to be staff so I don't get rdm and loose my shit (Perks weapons ect). 🙂

Hate to break it to you buddy but your gonna get killed more as staff.

Reread them

minimum 2 paragraphs

Hey man I'd work a bit more on your paragraphs, you can always reach out to a staff member for some help!

Edit: I know @Fetn is a good person to talk to if you want some help and tips! When I applied I actually looked at accepted and denied apps and took some tips from them personally. Good luck!

I also want a some sort of reputation so I don't get overlooked by some random person I want to be like well known for something

Being staff is about reputation a bit, but you don't have to be staff to have a good reputation, nor should you apply if that's one of the only things your looking for.

Good luck on your application! 🙂

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
10 minutes ago, Ricer said:

Its sad how people always mess up on this

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] You could choose me because I think for myself it would be a great opportunity for me to learn everyone in the community. Also I'd think it'd be cool to meet with other staff and make the Server better and better as time goes by. I think being staff is fun with doing sits and learning what people do and helping out with Garnet's community. Being staff would help me out because I'll have something to do and staff would help other people and help me too. I also think that being staff would help out other staff so they wouldn't be stress taking on so many sits when there's more staff around. I also want a some sort of reputation so I don't get overlooked by some random person I want to be like well known for something. Like How DudeAbides is a well known DJ  Snoop Dog, Cookie is Cookie. I also want to be staff so I don't get rdm and loose my shit (Perks weapons ect). 🙂

This isn't 2 paragraphs.

Also, being staff wont necessarily make a name for you, playing on the server will, and you cant take your on sits or deal with problems outside of things like prob block without a report.

Yes but I don't really like talking with my mic unless I have too

Using a mic makes sits 10000000000 times easier, you might have to get used to using it more

Try working on the things I pointed out if you want my verdict to change

Edited by aidanpoppas123
2 minutes ago, Ricer said:

I'll do it whenever I have the chance too

can you be a little more specific here. Nothing to important but its just good to know.

2 minutes ago, Ricer said:

read again I'm sure you missed something....

4 minutes ago, Ricer said:

I also want to be staff so I don't get rdm and loose my shit (Perks weapons ect).

idk what you mean here but ok? Being staff or a user you just need to /report someone and have the proof.

As much as we don't want to nitpick the paragraphs you've only made 1 paragraph and some sentences don't make sense.

My stand right now is -1

-1 Fix these parts of your application before I consider changing my vote:

4 hours ago, Ricer said:

First off, your paragraphs don't really meet the 2 paragraph minimum. I appreciate that they're not just one sentence like I've seen in other applications before, but they still should meet the minimum length requirement.

4 hours ago, Ricer said:

I also want to be staff so I don't get rdm and loose my shit (Perks weapons ect). 🙂

Unfortunately, being staff will not affect how often you get rdm'd.

4 hours ago, Ricer said:

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I'll do it whenever I have the chance too

I'd like you to be a little bit more specific on this part because I honestly have no idea how much time you can truly contribute as I don't know when you get your chances and how long they are.

4 hours ago, Ricer said:

And finally, you're going to want to reread the staff rules.

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Agree 1

Absolute -1

This staff app is a complete joke to me.

10 hours ago, Ricer said:

Lmao what

Canlex  helped me with the staff rules and explained them to me

You sure? bc u didnt read them obviously.

10 hours ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

Yes but I don't really like talking with my mic unless I have too

Why...

Also. I have had many toxic encounters with you ingame. via micspam, which is ironic because you dont like using your mic. and also sit encounters.

So like I said, lets not have him on the staff team and leave room for someone more fitting

I do not know you so I cannot comment on how your demeaner will fit the role.

11 hours ago, Ricer said:

You have not read them fully.

11 hours ago, Ricer said:

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

This section is lackluster

Fish's Official Breakdown of this Staff App.

Going to Nitpick this a little bit, when you mention talking with your mic, you say you do not want to. When taking sits talking to players is very important to make sure they understand, I know from personal experience that it is difficult even with simple sits to explain what happened, or to get people to listen to you.

You do not have two paragraphs, you have 1.

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Canlex  helped me with the staff rules and explained them to me 

^ Did he specifically give you his referral or did he just explain the rules because those are two different things.  

@Canlex

] You could choose me because I think for myself it would be a great opportunity for me to learn everyone in the community.

Your First argument is to learn everyone in the community. - you want to become staff because you want to learn everyone in the community? That's not really a good reason to become staff.

Also I'd think it'd be cool to meet with other staff and make the Server better and better as time goes by.

This part is okay, but mostly filler

I think being staff is fun with doing sits and learning what people do and helping out with Garnet's community. 

Not really sure what you mean about learning what people do. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant learn how to do your job.

. Being staff would help me out because I'll have something to do and staff would help other people and help me too.     

The first part of this sentence makes sense, it would give you something to do and help other people. I'm not quite sure how it will help you, since mainly it's supposed to be helping the players and the community before yourself.

. I also think that being staff would help out other staff so they wouldn't be stress taking on so many sits when there's more staff around. 

Now I could be mistaken here, but when I see you online, it's usually when we have the most staff online, so while this line is valid, it also is not. But continuing on to the next part that really bugs me and I believe the rest of the staff team.

. I also want a some sort of reputation so I don't get overlooked by some random person I want to be like well known for something.  

You mention abides in this next paragraph along with cookie ect, Abides has been apart of our community for 3 or 4 years maybe longer maybe less someone can correct me, but I highly doubt you'll stay that long because most people don't make it past L.mod without resigning or getting demoted, or straight up just leaving. (and for the rest of the staff reading this, yes yes I know there are people who do I'm just saying) Building a reputation is not something you really do as a staff member, it's more of interacting with loads of players on a daily basis, constantly rping, or doing something like Titan one of the friendliest people I've ever met. He was on every day doing something or other, rping, playing the new prestige classes ect. Or @ShankNinja the bind man who constantly helps people even though he wasn't staff (he is now) He's got many guides on how to build, bind stuff, fix your frames, and overall make the game more enjoyable to play. Not to mention he plays almost all day even when he's working, which again builds his reputation that you so crave. But to wrap this bit up, you have to remember that there is two sides to every coin, good rep, and bad rep. Make sure that if this app gets denied that you maintain trying for good rep. There are lots of players who have bad rep, and you've probably heard of or seen them. Reguardless let us continue on with this application.

We would like a specific time frame Like for mine I put anywhere from 12-20 hours a week or something like that.

Go reread them again, I'll give you a hint there is something VERY SPECIFIC that we are looking for here.

Mcdonalds said it best himself in this case.

Absolute -1

This staff app is a complete joke to me.

With all of the -1's you are getting I wish you luck in reapplying in two weeks but I would wait a lot longer, contact one of the higher ups for help on an application but honestly, just reread old accepted and denied apps to see what works and what does not work. Either way, best of luck and see you in game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, xFish said:

Fish's Official Breakdown of this Staff App.

^ Did he specifically give you his referral or did he just explain the rules because those are two different things.  

@Canlex

While I did help you with the rules, that was not a referral and I wish you would've asked first. Good luck in two weeks though, I've seen you in game and I think you're pretty chill

• Informative 2