DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Removal of "Anti-Cheat" Bot

AlexConway

• Community Director

Description: Removal of the "Anti-Cheat" Bot due to mass false positives and gamemaster permission triggers the bot. 

Reasoning: The bot has yielded no positive results as expected. Whether this is from the actual bot itself or the configuration of said bot. The bot constantly triggers due to normal GMod, DarkRP, and Gamemaster Permissions. Below is a short list of triggers that have resulted in a kick/ban:

• Spawning NPCs whilst in Adminmode and on Gamemaster on Duty. 
  • Using a bind with "bind key <etc>" (Salute Bind/At Ease Bind)
  • /giveweapon to others
  • Noclipping on Gamemaster on Duty
  • Bringing/Teleporting yourself or others
  • Custom Crosshair Activation
  • Crouch Jumping (Over Walls)
  • AFKing? (https://streamable.com/x6xvp7)

Additional Information: The other option for the bot is to give the triggers for staff to enact on themselves, therefore decreasing the amount of false positives. I think the bot needs to be heavily tested (further if it has been) before it's implementation into the server.

Edited by AlexConway
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

Conway multiple GMs and admins have been doing their duties with no problems. It's possible there is something wrong with your files. It could also mean the worst, but with you, I think the chance is low of you cheating. 

• Agree 4
  • Community Director
3 minutes ago, Dillan said:

Conway multiple GMs and admins have been doing their duties with no problems. It's possible there is something wrong with your files. It could also mean the worst, but with you, I think the chance is low of you cheating. 

I guess it could be worth reinstalling my Gmod, it's a possibility - but regardless I think the bot is a little temperamental and indecisive - it was literally put into the server on accident - I think the information should be passed to TAdmins+ in the form of some logs or something. 

Edited by AlexConway
  • Community Director
2 minutes ago, Tejas said:

Give it time. Not everything is perfect in the beginning. 

Fair point. I just think till the triggers were a bit more refined it should be at the most passive actions.

• StarWarsRP Management Team

The issue right now is the bot really should be analysed in detail. I know there's a few ban appeals awaiting Garnet's response already, but reasons for kicks matter too. I say this because if a new player comes on to the server, and the bot is kicking people for reasons it shouldn't be, then the bot could harm the server's intake of players.

I'm not sure on the removal, I personally haven't had issues with the bot and as far as I'm aware the issues are limited, but I think it's something that will need quite some time dedicated to in order to ensure it is set up right for the server.

While kicks and bans can affect the server population and also deter new players from playing, assuming they were kicked, as of right now I feel as though it's not as common as people are making it out to be. However, to be fair a lot of the detections thus far have been a cause of things like a crosshair, console commands, etc. But I am also certain that those specific detections have been fixed to be largely ignored already. Although I do think that the anticheat could be further configurated, assuming it hasn't thus far, since according to the gmodstore it has a plethora of things that inhibit people from ESPing, Norecoiling, noaimspread, etc.

But I do think it's also important to note that a series of unfortunate events happened across an entire week which all derived from the forums going down. So myself personally think that the addition of the anticheat can be especially helpful and would help to relieve some pressure off of staff members. I don't mean to downplay your situation but at least from what I can see only 8 people have been banned by the anticheat and at least 2-3 of them were banned when helping Garnet test it. I don't doubt that you weren't cheating but I don't think removing it entirely would be the route to go.

TL;DR - This anticheat is the best one out there when considering it is both optimized and effective. But things might not be fine tuned right yet just because of a few other things being on Garnet's plate like the forums being down, AFG Part 2, etc. So assuming it's possible just give him a chance to sort it out.

Edited by Jackal
  • Agree 1
  • The Garnut
3 hours ago, Jackal said:

as of right now I feel as though it's not as common as people are making it out to be

Thank you for this, for actual context

cc0cb47cd689e901a02badc455945a72.png

4 of the 12 were confirmed false when I was simply testing the bot with @Pencil, so really, the actual cheater detection rate is literally 2.1%.

8 hours ago, AlexConway said:

it was literally put into the server on accident - I think the information should be passed to TAdmins+ in the form of some logs or something. 

Yes, it was on the server 6 hours early by accident, and took a literal hour to set up, and has been in a working state since. TAdmins will not get access to said information, as they would never know what to do with it, neither do I want them being able to utilize the IP functions which are built-in. This is a SA+ feature.

Locked because actual braindead post. If there's issues as listed here:

8 hours ago, AlexConway said:
  • Spawning NPCs whilst in Adminmode and on Gamemaster on Duty. 
  • Using a bind with "bind key <etc>" (Salute Bind/At Ease Bind)
  • /giveweapon to others
  • Noclipping on Gamemaster on Duty
  • Bringing/Teleporting yourself or others
  • Custom Crosshair Activation
  • Crouch Jumping (Over Walls)
  • AFKing? (https://streamable.com/x6xvp7)

and are entirely reproduceable, simply report these in a proper post and get them fixed, as opposed to "lets remove it alltogehter because I deem it buggy"

PSPS
I fixed the one singular issue that caused you to get kicked. Not going to specify what it was for security reasons, but it makes sense to me why you got kicked for it.

• 300 IQ 1
  • Winner 1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines