Yabakook

In-game name: Yabakook
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:615070214
Warns: 0
Timezone: New Zealand
Playtime?:167 hours at time of application
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Y
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] N
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] None, did it because I want to make a difference
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] None
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] My story begins like most regarding Gmod. I was aimless, booting up Gmod for the first time, the blue G loomed over me. browsing the unfamiliar  server list, one caught my eye. Garnet Gaming. Clicking on the connect button I was overcome with the choices laid out before me. Wandering in the Downtown streets, I had no clue what I was doing. A gunshop owner pulled me in and gave me the brief. I was immersed in this world of unlimited possibilities. I played for hours on end, loving every second of it, I read the rules and knew the basics. I logged on everyday since then and haven't found any other haven like it. I want show other people that there can be so much more to gmod if they just gave a server a chance, I want to be gunshop owner, giving the new guy a brief, the admin, laying down the law to trouble makers who want nothing more than others suffering for enjoyment. I want to give the aimless a goal, the distraught, comfort and help the people left behind by the law, give them my hand and show them the justice they deserve. I want the best for the players, the mods and the server as a whole. 
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: Once got banned for two days early on in my play, I didn't quite grasp FDA at the time and used to get in and out of my base at will, I was recorded by a disgruntled  fail-raider and was taken to a sit. I wasn't given a chance to explain myself or even get to see the "proof" the reporting party had. I was cast into the void of the banned without a second thought, I have been salivating for justice ever since.
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Just a bogus one in which I no idea of the requirements or the content needed in the application, it was obviously and rightly denied, It was submitted not too long before this one.
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 3-8 hours on weekdays, 5-10 on weekends (according to my timezone)
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? Architecture and the designing of armored vehicles 
Did you read the staff rules?: I cannot locate them, I would be overjoyed if someone could refer them to me, I'll gladly pour over them at the soonest chance.

please consider me

Yabakook.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1
  • Disagree 1

Staff rules is in the format page, check it out clearly and edit your post

1 hour ago, Yabakook said:

Did you read the staff rules?: I cannot locate them, I would be overjoyed if someone could refer them to me, I'll gladly pour over them at the soonest chance.

The ability to record Garry's Mod videos is important for being staff member, so I would recommend you to get one, for example : shadowplay/obs

Edited by Hoal

You did not read the rules

You have tendencies to invite bad and immature behavior 

What I see is a person who wouldn't be a great staffer

There's always room for improvement tho..

I'd have to see more from you to consider changing my vote in the future.

-Ghostieee-

Edited by Ghostieee

You haven't read the staff rules, your playtime is incorrectly formatted, you don't have the ability to record gmod videos, and those paragraphs are really short.

<rant>

This is also just a personal thing, but this

6 hours ago, Yabakook said:

I cannot locate them, I would be overjoyed if someone could refer them to me, I'll gladly pour over them at the soonest chance.

is so stupid. All you have to say is just that you can't find them (and if you can't find them maybe wait a little to apply). Nobody needs the big thing saying "look at me I'm so respectful make me staff"

</rant>

• Friendly 1
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, ZenMemes said:

your paragraph is lacking and you have not read staff rules hoal has provided you with

trippin that shit almost made a grown man cry 🥺

NEUTRAL till you fix the read the rules error

14 hours ago, Yabakook said:

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] N

You should. I can't imagine most staff being able to handle appeals without recording software. 
If you're really committed you should get OBS or something.

14 hours ago, Yabakook said:

My story begins like most regarding Gmod. I was aimless, booting up Gmod for the first time, the blue G loomed over me. browsing the unfamiliar  server list, one caught my eye. Garnet Gaming. Clicking on the connect button I was overcome with the choices laid out before me. Wandering in the Downtown streets, I had no clue what I was doing. A gunshop owner pulled me in and gave me the brief. I was immersed in this world of unlimited possibilities. I played for hours on end, loving every second of it, I read the rules and knew the basics. I logged on everyday since then and haven't found any other haven like it.

This entire passage is sweet and you DEFINITELY got some writing skill... but it's filler. The question there is "Why should we pick you over other staff?"
This shows me nothing but how much you enjoy the server. All staff members normally apply because they enjoy the server.
This is also let down that you only have one paragraph. Ya' need two.
Honestly it's severely underwhelming but you're also quite young so you got a lot of potential to improve, I can't expect perfection.

Your application is lacking at best and personally I think you need a little more time.

What makes my decision final is your community reputation, I just don't think it's the right time for you so I am going to go with:

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Yabakook said:

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? Architecture and the designing of armored vehicles 

Very interesting hobbies.

You not being able to find the rules is ridiculous, come on man you're better than this I don't want to shoot you down but you gotta help me help you. Tidy up the app, fix the errors and you have my support.

Neutral 

Edited by KingMash
type-o
  • Like 1

I appreciate the paragraphs tho, gave me a good laugh. Try to go a bit more professional next time, but I really thought they were good

15 hours ago, MisterShankie said:

This entire passage is sweet and you DEFINITELY got some writing skill... but it's filler. The question there is "Why should we pick you over other staff?"

Sums it up well. If you are able to write that style but sum up why you should be staff then by all means do so!

• Spicy 1