DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Day/Night Cycle

Description: Day/Night cycle on map.

Reasoning: The change in lighting would promote the cultivation of different atmospheres on the server as well as make the light tool more effective and aesthetically pleasing. Perhaps the cycle doesn’t have to be realistic or even happen frequently. Maybe it could be every other day or every 6 hours or something more manageable. Just so that if you play a few times a week you are likely to experience both day & night at least once. Love the server but this is just a thought. People loved the Halloween map because we never usually get to see night on the server, and it really created a cool vibe.

A while back this idea went around in the staff discord and the conclusion we came to was that it couldnt work for one reason, you have to change the map to cycle the day/night

A map change would mean everything getting reset (printers, props, doors, etc) 

Edited by aidanpoppas123

+1

Even if a map change is required, it could alternate between day/night every server restart, meaning 48hrs of day and 48hrs of nighttime.

I can see why this probably won't get accepted, but I personally think it would be awesome and help with the monotonous daytime.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

A while back this idea went around in the staff discord and the conclusion we came to was that it couldnt work for one reason, you have to change the map to cycle the day/night

Damn. Didn’t realize the map itself would have to change for the sky to cycle T_T RIP this idea lmfao.

6 hours ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

Can we get a 2 day cycle that swaps the maps? Meaning every odd day that the server resets. I personally really enjoyed the night version of the map. I hope to see it more

4 hours ago, ShankNinja said:

+1

Even if a map change is required, it could alternate between day/night every server restart, meaning 48hrs of day and 48hrs of nighttime.

I can see why this probably won't get accepted, but I personally think it would be awesome and help with the monotonous daytime.

+1

Edited by OGMeetro
read shankie's comment
  • Like 1
  • Friendly 1
On 11/27/2021 at 4:41 PM, ShankNinja said:

+1

Only problem is that certain users might find the night map annoying and stop playing every other day, thus decreasing player count.

But other than that I'd love to have this implemented. +1

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...