DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Adric - GameMaster Application

Adric

In-game name: SCT 7638 Adric
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:99408751
Warns: 0
Timezone: EST
Playtime?: | SCT 7638 Adric has played for 27:11:52.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] AlexConway
Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] Current GM on DARKRP
Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] 

I've never played SWRP before and it's been a lot of fun. I have a very fresh look at it right now. reminds me of when I played DRP for the first time, so there's a lot of inspiration for fun events and scenarios to play out. From what I've seen other GMs do on SWRP, there's a good bit of freedom and creativity that's involved that really raises my interest. My schedule is sort of all over the place at times so i could be on at 7am est or 12am est or anything inbetween depending on the day. 

My goal would be to keep the server active and entertaining during its slower hours. from what ive heard alot of SWRP servers are european times and the most active hours can be reversed for us. for any new players joining during those low hours id like to be sure to give them a good impression in hopes of making more members. as far as my experience as GM goes so far, I just run events when im bored - which is like, all the time. So activity wouldnt be so much an issue for me. As i always say, in gmod its up to you to make your own fun. 

edit: sorry for the late response. I had a whole edit done but I accidentally backed out and had to restart. 
I hope these events are a little more acceptable. I sort of rushed them to get this app updated though. 
Eventually I’d like to include more lore into the events. I especially have a fond idea of trying to notice particularly good roleplay or really funny events that have happened to try to mix into the events as well. I’m also not sure as to the limitations of what GM can exactly do on this server but once I get myself a bit more familiar with the place I’m sure I can make some banging ideas happen. With that being said if the app should be held back for now just to give me some time to get more familiar with the game and what’s expected then I can say I absolutely agree with that. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: once on DRP
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: about 5 days a week of 2-8 hours of activity. 

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: to entertain the server. to make interesting scenarios and stories. to be helpful and acomodating. 

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: run events and keep the population occupied.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: spawn a ship in the field and arrange a rescue mission as a crashed ship. once on arrival the passenger is missing, during the search the ship all of a sudden takes off. return to base to patrol for threats.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation] 

Demolitions depot: multiple explosives will be found within a large room. EOD will have to figure out which bombs are active and which are decoys before detonation. 

Commanding Demo: CO's order troops to 2 points on map and command their armies in a PvP altercation to demonstrate the leading officers ability in commanding.  

A real man’s whodunnit: murder mystery within the temple of jedi. Jedi will be present around the base for troops to meet up with and hear their recollection of what happened in the temple. At the end of the event troops will line up next to which suspect they believe committed the murder. 

One small favor: if you’ve heard the name then you know what’s up. Troops will be told to report to an officer for briefing. The officer will inform them that they need to retrieve an item from a clone and return it to him. The players will have to question every clone they see on base or in field to narrow down which clone has the item. Once identified and confronted the clone will not relinquish the item without a trade. He tells the troops that a Jedi has the item he wants in trade for the item your officer is demanding. The troops eventually find the Jedi and the Jedi demands that the troops clear an area in the field for them to get the needed item. While taking care of the cis infestation the Jedi will go missing and given a clue to speak with another officer to find the Jedi. Basically this rinses and repeats until I’ve probably felt that anyone who wants to participate is caught up amd everyone is on the same part of this “quest” and wrap it up with a few repairs from engineering, a little finessing from radio men, and then we can conclude the quest by making all the trades we were originally supposed to make to obtain the first officers item. 

EMP on base: a sudden EMP device is detonated above base. All stations are without power or comms. Engineers should report to generator for repairs. A Simon-says type terminal will be at reactor and needed to be used to reboot each stations power. Troops will defend base from oncoming attacks. When comms come back up radioman will be responsible for coordinating further orders on comms to synchronize efforts for each station. 

Edited by Adric
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

+1

Lets get real here..

Who wouldn't have faith in adric in this category

You've seen the dude on DRP settin' things up and makin' people smile!!

Ive got no reason to believe that he wouldn't be the GMOTY for SWRP

So Vote Adric

Ya Heathens ❤️

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

+1

Best gm forever

Lol @eli_ I dont think i have to add any +1 reason for adric, he's well-known on drp and mrp

Dont be jealous my guy, he's just better then u, no matter hosting game or the personality, 16 years old kid, stop being a crybaby for people didnt +1 your gm app, cringe asf bro lmao

I assume you never play drp or met him in game

Edited by Hoal
  • Like 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Toxic 1
  • Spicy 2
  • Agree 2

+1.

Adric is well known for having created some of the most elaborate and insane events to have been run on darkrp, some of them before he even had a moderation role! Adric is the only person I have given immediate GM upon being added to the staff team (which is usually a T Admin+ thing if not given special permission on darkrp.) without even needing a test or anything beforehand (albeit he was taught procedure and such of course.) He has also been non-stop talking about star wars rp for a while now, and I think he really would do a good job as a star wars RP gm.

While not all his events he has listed on the application stand out to me as "wow that's the most unique shit ever" on his list of events, I think the murder mystery in particular interests me as a very unique event. Knowing adric though, he would execute all his event ideas very well, and I believe even if a few don't fully interest me, they would interest a lot of people on the server. All and all, he seems like a very good candidate. I might not play star wars rp, I fully trust based on how Adric has acted not just in the DarkRP community but other parts of the Garnet community as well, and my experience seeing him grow as one of our best darkrp game masters ever, I believe he will make an amazing star wars rp gm as well.

Good luck Adric, kick some ass, I know you won't disappoint. 

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
  • Forums Moderator
21 hours ago, Hoal said:

+1

Best gm forever

Lol @eli_ I dont think i have to add any +1 reason for adric, he's well-known on drp and mrp

Dont be jealous my guy, he's just better then u, no matter hosting game or the personality, 16 years old kid, stop being a crybaby for people didnt +1 your gm app, cringe asf bro lmao

I assume you never play drp or met him in game

I only did that because people should add genuine substance for their replies. Something like "Good GM on DRP, active, mature, etc" would work for this. Takes 10 seconds to write something actually meaningful on their instead of just "+1 he's cool." 

Never was jealous or anything like that just wanting people to make genuine replies 🙂

Have a good one!

Aside from that, I've been playing with Adric over the last few days and Adric is mature, active, and pretty solid at RP. Won't doubt he'll be a good GM on SWRP. 

+1

Edited by eli_
  • Toxic 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Haha 1

Could you elaborate on the event idea section more? From what I can tell, you only provided 3 events instead of 5. I thought someone would have pointed this out, but if you compare your application to any other, it's extremely lacking in some sections. 

• Informative 1
  • Agree 1

-1, I think the potential to be a great GM is there but the application itself is severely lacking. The event portion which is by far the most important, is poorly formatted, short, and is actually missing 2 events. You really need to flesh out these events and be more specific. Write these like if they were a book, not a discord message of a quick idea you sent to a friend.

• 300 IQ 1