DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

!donate suggestion

Torq

Description: So i have played on a server that has done this and i don't think that it is a bad idea. The idea is adding a thing where you can buy levels and in game money through the !donate store. It could be something as little as like 5 levels for 5 credits and 10k in game money for 5 credits.

Reasoning: People like me have work and work fulltime jobs (40+ hrs a week) and just simply don't have tme to stay on all day and grind.

Additional Information: None.

Edited by Torq
  • Disagree 1
3 hours ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

we finally have a non pay-to-win server why would we add this 

I'm not sure but aren't most popular server pay-to-win?

But regarding the suggestion, I +1. There are many people that do not have hours and hours to grind a day, so I'd be down for this to be implemented unless someone states a reason not to add this.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
10 hours ago, Boalp said:

It'd help the server grow as well as stay populated to not be pay to win (at least for the first few months) as it would keep people hooked for longer and make new players not feel like they're at an automatic disadvantage because they aren't able to cough up some cash.

On 1/16/2022 at 12:34 AM, aidanpoppas123 said:

we finally have a non pay-to-win server why would we add this 

It's a PvE server? How could it possibly be P2W? Personally think instead of buying levels/money, we just add the credit system back, you could buy 10k with 100 credits. 

• Like 1
On 1/16/2022 at 5:29 AM, Boalp said:

But regarding the suggestion, I +1. There are many people that do not have hours and hours to grind a day, so I'd be down for this to be implemented unless someone states a reason not to add this.

On 1/16/2022 at 4:23 PM, aidanpoppas123 said:

It'd help the server grow as well as stay populated to not be pay to win (at least for the first few months) as it would keep people hooked for longer and make new players not feel like they're at an automatic disadvantage because they aren't able to cough up some cash.

For how the suggestion is worded right now and as it is intended -1

If we do have this sort of feature, the $$ would need to be increased for it to be logical. $5 for 5 levels is, firstly, very unrealistic. would i pay $30 to increase my lvl from 20 to 50? sure, thats max health and speed right there. seems a little to OP. not to mention im ALREADY lvl 53 and an additional 30 lvls would max out all my clone skills as well as a good chunk of Jedi skills.

its also important to note that the amount of XP per level increases with each said level, so 5 lvls for 5$ at lvl 30 is significantly more advantageous than the same amount of cash for lvls at lvl 5. so for this type of !donate feature to be added it would need to be a $$ per XP amount instead, problem would be determining the amount of XP..

And i understand the work week thing, i work 40 hours a week as well

Edited by BatHulkSmash
  • Disagree 1
14 minutes ago, BatHulkSmash said:

For how the suggestion is worded right now and as it is intended -1

If we do have this sort of feature, the $$ would need to be increased for it to be logical. $5 for 5 levels is, firstly, very unrealistic. would i pay $30 to increase my lvl from 20 to 50? sure, thats max health and speed right there. seems a little to OP. not to mention im ALREADY lvl 53 and an additional 30 lvls would max out all my clone skills as well as a good chunk of Jedi skills.

its also important to note that the amount of XP per level increases with each said level, so 5 lvls for 5$ at lvl 30 is significantly more advantageous than the same amount of cash for lvls at lvl 5. so for this type of !donate feature to be added it would need to be a $$ per XP amount instead, problem would be determining the amount of XP..

And i understand the work week thing, i work 40 hours a week as well

I’m just throwing a price out there they can make it whatever they want but I ain’t got time to be grinding 24/7 like you so that’s why I have this up here 

Just now, Torq said:

I’m just throwing a price out there they can make it whatever they want but I ain’t got time to be grinding 24/7 like you so that’s why I have this up here 

i dont grind 24/7. in fact im writing this on my break at work. but thats irrelevant. how you have it suggested right now would not be worth it in nutterbutters eyes. the proposed alterations would at least allow them to consider it.

While grinding does exist on the server, it should not be the main focus of why the server is up.

Ideally XP should be something that is gained passively without it being the main reason people play the game.

At this moment, donations are used for cosmetics and Jedi, and I hope that it stays that way.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Community Director

RbIteqp.png
DENIED

Thank you for your suggestion, after careful consideration it has been decided that your suggestion will not be accepted/progressed further due to the following reasons:
Players including myself (Who works 40+ hours/week, goes to school for 20/week), are able to AFK overnight or whilst at work, or once home.
The level system is a reward for playing the server, and the perks given with the system should be a reward for playing as well.
Donation Perks, contrary to popular opinion; should give excessive benefit over non-donating players.

Thank you for your suggestion. @Ziggy - lock and move please.

• Disagree 1