DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

DarkRP is stale and making the excuse of "its vanilla" isnt helping

8 hours ago, OpTic Gunner said:

Okay.  Salmon your great , but this ain’t it chief, 

not to be rude but the darkrp server has been staple for multiple years. it’s been on it’s up and downs. This is just such a over reaction. Especially when the past couple days when the server is maxing at 90+. I would appreciate if you knew the history before you make an asinine suggestion like this. If you even looked you would see probably about 75% of the top servers are on the map that we use. 

🤓

Edited by Salmon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 2
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

If all you wanna do on DarkRP is printer farming then yeh it's gonna get stale after years. If you wanna earn a ton of money, it requires grinding printers, that's always been the case on the DarkRP gamemode. Whilst DarkRP is a money farming server to some, it's a chill and mess-around server to others.

If you want something else to do, you have a ton of freedom to do whatever and mess around with friends, which is also a common thing on the server

On updates, SWRP just re-opened so of course it's going to get a ton of updates. MRP has a playerbase constantly asking for change, plus bug fixes, so MRP gets a lot of changes. DarkRP isn't comparable to either because DarkRP hasn't just opened, and the majority playerbase of DarkRP is not asking for multiple changes on a daily basis.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Reverend DRP hasn't really gotten stale for me an ive been playing it for years. Its just a matter of what you do on there, I get on to play with my friends an fuck around raid a bit an MAYBE grind printers. If you take DRP at face value yes it is boring as fuck just have some fun with it man.

• Like 1

Moving to shitpost rn.

bro garnet released swrp 2 weeks ago, the server needs constant updates and fixes. Mrp is in a hole rn just not constantly getting the pop it needs, so again garnet will focus on the servers that need updates. Dark rp doesnt need a update bro, I’m assuming that you think pumping in stupid ideas will benefit the server. Removing alts won’t help, pretty self explanatory they promote people grinding for hours on end or selling printers and afking for hours on end. Just because the pop isn’t doing very well right now doesn’t mean it will be “stale” forever man, if you have really payed attention to the server pop each month you would see constant 90-100 towards 7:00-10:00pm from November to early January. Trust me when I say that it’ll be the same after people get bored of other servers. You’ll get new content when garnet decides that it is needed, be patient like everyone else in the community homie.

The most enjoying part about Darkrp is THE ROLEPLAY ASPECT, that's the whole point of Dark R P if all you do is just the same base, grind, make money bs then yes that would lead to you getting bored but doing actual creative things in the server is what makes Darkrp fun. The random scenarios you get into and different things people build is the most fun part about it. You are just complaining and not giving any helpful ideas towards Garnet to add new exciting things to make the server less "stale" in your opinion. 

The only thing I would enjoy to be added more would really just be new playermodels since it's just the best part about Garry's Mod in general, the amount of different characters you can be especially in servers like Darkrp that's all about actual roleplay.

• The Garnut
3 hours ago, Reverend said:

If anything even adding printers back to unbox and making them more expensive than last time would even make it more fun tbh like damn we just want more ways to make money and more rewards for grinding hard asf for hours.

14 hours ago, Reverend said:

Dont mention the Eco getting fucked or anything and you having to reset everyones money or anything.

totally never happened

Literally made a complaint of alters and economy being broken, then immediately after pushed for MORE WAYS TO MAKE MONEY. I'm sorry but i'm just pretty confused altogether by the attitude. I have taken note of other peoples' comments and took into consideration, thank you very much for some of the suggestions.

• Like 2
  • Friendly 1
  • Winner 3
  • The Garnut

Just to bring up some people's morale, we are adding our very own addon (curated by @bizzy) for GTA V styled missions, including NPC-led bank robberies, street cleanup/maintenance type missions, and a PD holdup. These will be created specifically for groups of 3-10 players (introducing new players to veterans through roleplay)

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Nutter said:

Just to bring up some people's morale, we are adding our very own addon (curated by @bizzy) for GTA V styled missions, including NPC-led bank robberies, street cleanup/maintenance type missions, and a PD holdup. These will be created specifically for groups of 3-10 players (introducing new players to veterans through roleplay)

thank you g man nutter man sir! but could you please set a persons rank on mrp for me... pls sir 

• Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, Nutter said:

You're beautiful g man thank you!

8 hours ago, Fetn said:

Reverend DRP hasn't really gotten stale for me an ive been playing it for years. Its just a matter of what you do on there, I get on to play with my friends an fuck around raid a bit an MAYBE grind printers. If you take DRP at face value yes it is boring as fuck just have some fun with it man.

see that’s the point I’m talking about. it’s all fun just to fuck around with homies and do random shit but money grinding and meth and that whole system has been the same for YEARS. This is what I mean fetn 

anyone else notice that basically 85% of the player base changes every 1 and a half to 2 years oh yeah it’s because people get bored of sitting around farming the same system for years…

13 hours ago, Pluto_ said:

I am one of those "richest players" who contributes to this wildly inaccurate "20%" alt count you mentioned. As I type this, DRP has 29 players on, and I highly doubt 20% of that is alts, now aside from that, I haven't farmed in easily over a month, because I got bored of the game. You seem to have made this post because you too are bored of the game, and that is perfectly fine. Don't play the game! No one is forcing you to play it and coming on to the forums to make another empty complaint that will lead to nothing does not change a single thing. People take breaks from this community all the time, and honestly it's probably what keeps them coming back. The server can only fit 120 players at a time, which means not everyone will be on at the same time, and not everyone will even be interested in the game at once. People take breaks from the game. It is natural. If you don't like the game then take a break. Don't just come on to the forums and make another one of these "rich players.......alts......boring....." posts with absolutely no suggestions at all. You were so desperate to even come up with a paragraph length that you mentioned rohan, who hasn't been staff since I WAS STAFF, so long ago, like you mentioned, before most of the managers we have today even got their 10K starting money. Now to touch on adding something to the game, I would like to see evocity. Why? Well it's a bigger map for less densely populated areas, and everyone will be forced to build a new base and we won't have so many of these pesky "unraidable" bases. The only thing that makes a base "unraidable" is the mf inside guarding it, no single base is undeniably "unraidable".

TLDR: If you don't like the game, don't play it, instead of making an empty complaint post like this, mentioning inaccurate information, and mentioning shit that quite literally happened last decade that hasn't been relevant since then. 

As my contribution to this "suggestion" thread, I personally would like to see evocity*

*Yes I know it's not going to happen, but I had to at least leave something 🙂 

tbf a TON of the people who had lots of alts dont play often anymore, frilmz u metro and i (i didnt have that many but still) all dont play that often the playercount being all alts was a way bigger issue not that long ago

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • The Garnut
2 hours ago, Reverend said:

anyone else notice that basically 85% of the player base changes every 1 and a half to 2 years oh yeah it’s because people get bored of sitting around farming the same system for years…

huh THIS IS DARKRP

If I'm retaining even 10% of the playerbase over a 6 months period, that is a MAJOR win for me. It is such an incredibly casual gamemode that you really should expect a new population every other months.

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Agree 3

I've been playing DarkRP for 10 years and have not once got bored from it. If you're bored then try a different job and really try to get into it. There's so much more to DarkRP than sitting in a base and tabbing back in every 20 minutes. DarkRP has plenty of content it just requires a bit of creativity. 

• Agree 1