In-game name: Golfy

SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_0:0:460000222 

Warns: 2

Timezone: EST

Playtime?: 801:26:56 

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:YES

Referral(s): N/A 

Past experiences as a Game Master: I was a GM a little over 4 months ago. I was active and all, but I just left the server due to irl things coming up and it took a lot of my time previously.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] I think that I should be chosen for Gamemaster for a multitude of reasons. The first of these reasons is because I am very active again on the server. The big reason I had to step down when I did previously, is mainly because my papaw passed away and things got hard on my family so I had to step up to work more and help my mamaw care for our two girls we live with. The next reason is because I have experience. I was previously a GM and I had a lot of events and my mind was constantly turning to try to think of the next event that I would represent. I did events like leading the VIP, I did hostage trade offs, I even had this series of events that I did involving a lab experiment gone wrong. Another reason that I think I would be a good fit for the GM spot is because I know a majority of the player base. I know people like Milky, Wyatt, and lots of other people that currently play the server. I try to be nice as possible, which bring me to my next reason, I am level headed. I can keep my cool and my temper is almost nonexistent. If someone says something that they shouldn't or someone has an action they aren't supposed to do, I will just report without me saying anything because that isn't my job. I am supposed to keep players entertained and I am almost like a diplomat if you will. I try to be good to the people of the server through being a GM. Overall, I think I should be chosen because I am active, I have experience, and because I am level headed.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I will contribute around 2 hours per day on the role and try to make at least one event happen a day.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: Being a gamemaster is something that only few people can do. A GM has multiple responsibilities including keeping people entertained and providing events for the members of MilRP.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would contribute to the team by being active, helping out in any way possible, and I will interact with members to create connections for people to join the server and have a drive to keep playing.

Please list and explain 3 unique event ideas designed for only your faction to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation] The first event goes along the lines of the U.S. being spied upon. The U.S. sees on the radar that there are two small aircraft coming toward our airspace, so in turn, we scramble AFSOC to intercept and possibly take down the aircraft and report back to command about what happened. In the midst of all this, we get an airstrike called upon us and everyone has 10 seconds to hide. After the bombs drop, Russian fighters move into the FOB and we have to take out the forces and get our base back. Another event is that the U.S. has talks with Ukraine about Russian plans to make an invasion into Europe. We meet at a place on the map with our contact to pay him for the information. As soon as we get there, we immediately get ambushed by Russian fighters and we have to fight them off and get back to base with the information the contact had. The third event is a game of the price is right. We will bring various items onto a table in an arena that we build and people have to try to guess the "price" of that item and if they get it right, they get the item which can be either turned in for cash, or they can trade for other items at the end of the show for their bunks.

Please list and explain 1 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation] This global event is one that is rather unusual. The people of both factions must team up to fight against a common enemy, North Korea. Kim Jong Un has gotten sick recently, and to kick things off before he dies, is to nuke Afghanistan. But here is the thing, FOB Omega is still in Afghanistan, so we have to take cover until after the nuke, then we all have to report to our battle stations in the US FOB and fight off North Korean fighters (North Korea took over the Tali Base, so we are all at US FOB) to keep our FOB and then we are going to retaliate and take Tali base back.

Thank you for applying to Garnet MilitaryRP!

• Agree 1
On 1/26/2022 at 10:06 PM, Golfy said:

In-game name: Golfy

SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_0:0:460000222 

Warns: 2

Timezone: EST

Playtime?: 801:26:56 

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:YES

Referral(s): N/A 

Past experiences as a Game Master: I was a GM a little over 4 months ago. I was active and all, but I just left the server due to irl things coming up and it took a lot of my time previously.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] I think that I should be chosen for Gamemaster for a multitude of reasons. The first of these reasons is because I am very active again on the server. The big reason I had to step down when I did previously, is mainly because my papaw passed away and things got hard on my family so I had to step up to work more and help my mamaw care for our two girls we live with. The next reason is because I have experience. I was previously a GM and I had a lot of events and my mind was constantly turning to try to think of the next event that I would represent. I did events like leading the VIP, I did hostage trade offs, I even had this series of events that I did involving a lab experiment gone wrong. Another reason that I think I would be a good fit for the GM spot is because I know a majority of the player base. I know people like Milky, Wyatt, and lots of other people that currently play the server. I try to be nice as possible, which bring me to my next reason, I am level headed. I can keep my cool and my temper is almost nonexistent. If someone says something that they shouldn't or someone has an action they aren't supposed to do, I will just report without me saying anything because that isn't my job. I am supposed to keep players entertained and I am almost like a diplomat if you will. I try to be good to the people of the server through being a GM. Overall, I think I should be chosen because I am active, I have experience, and because I am level headed.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I will contribute around 2 hours per day on the role and try to make at least one event happen a day.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: Being a gamemaster is something that only few people can do. A GM has multiple responsibilities including keeping people entertained and providing events for the members of MilRP.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would contribute to the team by being active, helping out in any way possible, and I will interact with members to create connections for people to join the server and have a drive to keep playing.

Please list and explain 3 unique event ideas designed for only your faction to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation] The first event goes along the lines of the U.S. being spied upon. The U.S. sees on the radar that there are two small aircraft coming toward our airspace, so in turn, we scramble AFSOC to intercept and possibly take down the aircraft and report back to command about what happened. In the midst of all this, we get an airstrike called upon us and everyone has 10 seconds to hide. After the bombs drop, Russian fighters move into the FOB and we have to take out the forces and get our base back. Another event is that the U.S. has talks with Ukraine about Russian plans to make an invasion into Europe. We meet at a place on the map with our contact to pay him for the information. As soon as we get there, we immediately get ambushed by Russian fighters and we have to fight them off and get back to base with the information the contact had. The third event is a game of the price is right. We will bring various items onto a table in an arena that we build and people have to try to guess the "price" of that item and if they get it right, they get the item which can be either turned in for cash, or they can trade for other items at the end of the show for their bunks.

Please list and explain 1 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation] This global event is one that is rather unusual. The people of both factions must team up to fight against a common enemy, North Korea. Kim Jong Un has gotten sick recently, and to kick things off before he dies, is to nuke Afghanistan. But here is the thing, FOB Omega is still in Afghanistan, so we have to take cover until after the nuke, then we all have to report to our battle stations in the US FOB and fight off North Korean fighters (North Korea took over the Tali Base, so we are all at US FOB) to keep our FOB and then we are going to retaliate and take Tali base back.

Thank you for applying to Garnet MilitaryRP!

A side note to my application, I will keep a promise to make some sort of campaign that involves both factions once a week in hopes to try to bring the server pop back up as lately it hasn’t been up like it used to be. This campaign will involve both factions and sometimes they will work together, and sometimes they will be against each other but this will be much more than just people fighting each other. There’s a storyline to it. 

+ Experience
+ Lots of time
+ Good guy
+ lots of effort

= Your events are the generic "Oh someone attacked us, we gotta fight these people and take said base back" which becomes repetitive and people have already lost interest in these

I'm going to give you a +1 but please find some better ideas for events

I dont see any issues, but here is a few things i want to mention.

On 1/28/2022 at 8:48 AM, Golfy said:

The first event goes along the lines of the U.S. being spied upon. The U.S. sees on the radar that there are two small aircraft coming toward our airspace, so in turn, we scramble AFSOC to intercept and possibly take down the aircraft and report back to command about what happened. In the midst of all this, we get an airstrike called upon us and everyone has 10 seconds to hide. After the bombs drop, Russian fighters move into the FOB and we have to take out the forces and get our base back.

I think this could use more backstory. Other than that i think this would be a good event.

Another event is that the U.S. has talks with Ukraine about Russian plans to make an invasion into Europe. We meet at a place on the map with our contact to pay him for the information. As soon as we get there, we immediately get ambushed by Russian fighters and we have to fight them off and get back to base with the information the contact had.

This is good, i dont see anything wrong with it. I would like to see how this event would play out.,

On 1/26/2022 at 10:06 PM, Golfy said:

The third event is a game of the price is right. We will bring various items onto a table in an arena that we build and people have to try to guess the "price" of that item and if they get it right, they get the item which can be either turned in for cash, or they can trade for other items at the end of the show for their bunks.

i like the idea of adding different kind of events. A lot of people do PVP or PVE but not many choose gameshows. I like the idea

This global event is one that is rather unusual. The people of both factions must team up to fight against a common enemy, North Korea. Kim Jong Un has gotten sick recently, and to kick things off before he dies, is to nuke Afghanistan. But here is the thing, FOB Omega is still in Afghanistan, so we have to take cover until after the nuke, then we all have to report to our battle stations in the US FOB and fight off North Korean fighters (North Korea took over the Tali Base, so we are all at US FOB) to keep our FOB and then we are going to retaliate and take Tali base back.

I think this event needs more information. Why do they want to nuke it exactly? Overall give more backstory.

I think your events are decent. Obviously i wasn't here for your time as GM so i cant say things like you were a good GM. From what I've read it seems like you understand the concept.

I think that I should be chosen for Gamemaster for a multitude of reasons. The first of these reasons is because I am very active again on the server. The big reason I had to step down when I did previously, is mainly because my papaw passed away and things got hard on my family so I had to step up to work more and help my mamaw care for our two girls we live with. The next reason is because I have experience. I was previously a GM and I had a lot of events and my mind was constantly turning to try to think of the next event that I would represent. I did events like leading the VIP, I did hostage trade offs, I even had this series of events that I did involving a lab experiment gone wrong. Another reason that I think I would be a good fit for the GM spot is because I know a majority of the player base. I know people like Milky, Wyatt, and lots of other people that currently play the server. I try to be nice as possible, which bring me to my next reason, I am level headed. I can keep my cool and my temper is almost nonexistent. If someone says something that they shouldn't or someone has an action they aren't supposed to do, I will just report without me saying anything because that isn't my job. I am supposed to keep players entertained and I am almost like a diplomat if you will. I try to be good to the people of the server through being a GM. Overall, I think I should be chosen because I am active, I have experience, and because I am level headed.

You had a valid reason to step down as GM. I think this section is way better than most peoples paragraphs.

I'm going to have to give a +1 the only issue i had was your events need more information. Obviously this is an application so these are rough drafts of events. I cannot wait to see your events and work with you.

+1

Past GM and well-known, stepped down instead of disappearing off the face of the earth are positive notes. Although lacking in overall ideas for events, I can see that you are formally experienced and most likely held your own when it came to entertaining the masses of MRP.

+1 - You were previous GM and I have seen you active on the server. I would like to see more original ideas, I know its hard, which is why I'm not GM, but I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something interesting, but even then the events are still good. Good luck!