DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Horse's GM Application (MRP)

Horse

In-game name: 11A 1LT Horse

Age: N/A (Will disclose my age to a staff member this is just a personal thing for me)

SteamID : STEAM_0:1:177961535

Warns: 1 FailRP Millerjerm in 2020

Timezone: EST

Playtime?:| 11A MG Horse has played for 2661:44:06.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: YES

Referral(s): [What gamemaster recommended you to apply?] Smity, Tom Cruise

Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional]
- Previous Junior Gamemaster on a PVE called Rival Servers map was on Afghan Border and was a US vs Afghan centered environment.
- Previous “Zeus” (Game Master) on a Serious PVE server called Northstar PMC it was a PMC that took on multiple objectives and tasks similar to how the SWRP server functions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

Now, normally regular applicants would go into detail about certain things they can provide and what makes them superior to other possible GM’s straight off the bat. However, I don't believe any stone should be left unturned and I want everyone reading this application to be aware of my past. I have made mistakes and have acted like a total fucking idiot in the past It’s probably not something you want to hear from a GM applicant but its true. This said my past in no way represents who I am now and ever since I was unbanned by Jake. I have been so determined to prove my worth to an online gaming community its crazy. I am probably one of the most dedicated players you will ever come across in this community and I strive everyday to prove those people that know of me for my past wrong and show them that I can actually provide something to Garnet and this server. I have been here since around 2016! Almost 7 entire years spent with this community as well as its people and in that time I have learned, experienced, and bettered myself from the knowledge provided by other valuable and distinguished members of this community and I still do that to this day. The experience I have gained from being here is sure to make me a competent GM and allow me to get a general sense of how players like events and how I can execute them properly whilst making every participant happy.

My time as a general for both Taliban and the United States has taught me that every player has a different idea of the server and a different path they want to go down. Dealing with minges, abusive officers, and rule breakers even as a gen has given me the ability to adapt to every situation thrown at me. This will be especially useful as a GM because they are required to adapt to the choices made by the players. That is how you make a fun and entertaining event by giving the players the ability to choose their path and mold the event. And I am absolutely positive that I am capable of getting simple things like changing the storyline up on the spot done. I believe GM’s need to have open communication with faction leaders to assure that they are looking forward/willing to partake in events & with the amount of time I've spent on the server I’ve been able to familiarize myself with a lot of the officers/leaders being of fairly good terms with these leaders will allow me to get a general idea of the events they expect and how they want them to be executed. This is probably one of the most valuable traits you can have as a GM because if your rep is shit no one will want to partake in your events and I am praying to god my rep is good enough to get me through this application process.

Experience and Reputation aren't the only things going for me I am also an extremely active individual and I am capable of being on weekly to host events for both US and AFG. I can keep enlisted who are bored of doing nothing interested during peacetime outside of peak hours and late at night. On top of that instead of having to use other individuals to round people up or lead briefings for the event (For US Side) I am perfectly capable of doing these things on my lonesome as a Major General for 11A and in doing so will speed up the briefing process of my events to get everyone into the action quicker than usual.  I’m an extremely hard worker and even enjoy doing paperwork for 11A in my past time. I don't see setting up events as a chore but a game of chess and me slowly working my pieces up to a masterpiece!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details:

Yes, unfortunately I have and as much as I would love to go into detail about the specific events that occurred leading to every ban I can assure you that these bans took place many years ago and  in no way exemplify or embody me as a person and I promise to you these are just mistakes that have occurred in the past and will most definitely not be made again. (FYI : You will not be able to view all my bans via the ban log because the previous ones before 2021 have been cleared)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:
I am a student at my local highschool and I will be getting a part-time job soon; however, currently I can get on every day after 4 PM EST. My part time job shouldn’t affect my activity too much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?:

A Gamemaster is responsible for providing MRP Members with a peacetime experience that will still make them feel like they are deeply involved in the server. From hosting a cool environment based open combat simulation  where the winner gets a cash prize. To an intricate well thought out RP based event that relies on the smarts of the participants to complete one/multiple objectives. It is their job to keep players entertained and on edge so players don't get bored or annoyed at the lack of activities. Game Masters are required to keep an open unbiased mind, they must adapt quickly to the decisions made by their participants to continue providing a unique experience, and they must be creative and fully capable of thinking outside of the box to insure that they don't host bland or boring events.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I am primarily an RP centered GM. I love seeing players interact with their environment and take the event into their own hands. It’s like watching a miniature story unfold. Based off what I've seen the community is kind of split 50/50 between little PVP Combat sims with portals that lead them to a certain area of the map and elaborate RP events that get a lot of players involved in the long term. I will be focused mainly on unique RP events that keep players on edge. My creativity and activity will be put to work on the daily inorder to insure a fun experience for everyone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas designed for only your side to take part in:

Title: Drugged Up Junkies [2 Lifes]
Requirements: 3+ Event Characters, NPCs, Props, 1 GM Claimed Place
Short Summary: The Mafia has made their way in town and are using the local town center to traffic their drugs to those druggy afghanis! The US must set up an ambush at the town center in preparation for the Mafia’s arrival; they must successfully ambush and defend any possible reinforcements that will be coming into the area. This will take place on the long strip of road and will allow for a great defense from possible enemies. Once they defend themselves from the reinforcements they will be responsible for safely transporting the narcotics back to the jail cells.

Title: Countdown To Hell [1 Life]
Requirements: 1-2 Event Characters, NPCs, Props, 3 GM Claimed places
Short Summary: The Taliban have set a bomb at 2 known locations around the map! (Preferably ATTC and Construction) US Forces must clear the area of enemy Taliban (NPC’s) and use the clues found at these locations in order to defuse the bomb. The US will be divided into two teams and divide and conquer. If the bomb isn't defused in time the team that is assigned to the bomb will be considered KIA and disqualified from the event leaving only one team remaining. Oh No! You’ve defused the bombs but the Taliban were expecting you and set up an additional 1000 LB explosive in the warehouse at factory. The one/two teams must come together to clear the objective of Taliban and defuse the final bomb for a Victory Royale.

Title: 3 Eyed Ambassador [SOC ONLY EVENT] [1 Life]
Requirements: 4-10 Event Characters (Dependent on the amount of SOC), Props, NPCs 1 GM Claimed Place
Short Summary: US HQ has received intel that a highly prestigious Taliban ambassador has arrived in town to sign a peace treaty with a local militia group in order to further their efforts in the war. The United States Army Special Forces (USASF), 75th Ranger Regiment, and Combat Applications Group (DF) has been tasked with assassinating this heavily guarded individual and clearing the compound of any hostiles. The ambassador will be set up in AA and will have guards slowly patrolling the area. All 3 SOC regiments must surround the FOB and quietly take out each guard without causing too much of a commotion. There are two paths to take in this event if the SOC members are found out the ambassador will attempt to flee in a helicopter and must be killed before than or SOC can keep it quiet and attempt to capture/kill the ambassador for more information.

Title: Foreign Land [Unlimited Lifes]
Requirements: Props, Hella NPC’s, 2 GM Claimed Places
Short Summary: The Taliban army has had enough of the US’s reign and has decided their too impatient to wait till war. They’ve set up 2 outposts extremely close to the US FOB. Soldiers must clear both outposts and confiscate any enemy munitions. Once the two areas are cleared they must RTB, set up defenses, and prepare for a Taliban counter attack on their own FOB. This is one of the more basic events but is a short and sweet little thing to keep players invested.

Title: Immigration Elimination [3 Lifes]
Requirements: Multiple event characters dependent on population, Props, Q Menu Vehicles, Explosives, 2-3 GM’s
Short Summary: With all of this war the nearby town has become a hot tourist destination for journalists and those wanting to get a slice of the warzone life for whatever reason. Tons of immigrants and civilians are flying in through the AA area and are needed to be properly identified inorder to insure that Taliban numbers are not rising. The US Forces will be thrown multiple curveballs in this event from bomb vested children, to farmers hiding huge munitions and supplies. The US must not only fend off Taliban ambushes by the minute but keep control of the population and properly identify any and all civilians passing through. Loss of civilian life is no-go so they must be extremely careful!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please list and explain 3 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in:

Construction Combat Sims
Requirements: Construction Duplication, Portals, Props
Short Summary: This is less of an RP based event and one of those little combat events we will do every now and than. Portals will be on the skybox ceiling facing down and people will parachute into construction and engage in combat. The winner/last man standing will receive 50K in cash

Title: Munition Manslaughter [Unlimited Lifes]
Requirements: Props, 1 GM Claimed Place
Short Summary: The United States Military spending budget has been significantly lowered. That said the needs for weapons and ammo have drastically shot up. Both the US and Taliban will be engaging in a tug of war for 5 Crates located all around the factory objective. They will be responsible for obtaining the ammo crates and successfully getting them back to US/Tali base whoever has the most crates will be responsible for defending a counter-attack by the opposing side who will be trying their best to obtain said crate. Whoever ends up with the most crates of supplies at the end wins and every participant of said side will be rewarded 1K.

Title: Pending (Its 3 AM and I need to go to sleep I will add an additional event in the morning)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(P.S I apologize for the wierd formatting I tried to make this application look as clean as possible I put this into a google doc before putting it on here and for some reason it just fucked up everything)

Edited by Horseyy
  • Like 3
  • Spicy 2
  • Agree 2
1 minute ago, Horseyy said:

Title: Foreign Land [Unlimited Lifes]
Requirements: Props, Hella NPC’s, 2 GM Claimed Places
Short Summary: The Taliban army has had enough of the US’s reign and has decided their two impatient to wait till war. They’ve set up 2 outposts extremely close to the US FOB. Soldiers must clear both outposts and confiscate any enemy munitions. Once the two areas are cleared they must RTB, set up defenses, and prepare for a Taliban counter attack on their own FOB. This is one of the more basic events but is a short and sweet little thing to keep players invested.

Absolutely love simple and sweet ideas like this

+1 No doubt in this man's ability to create RP, he is an excellent fit for GM

• Like 1

I’ll be honest, i used to know you back then before you were banned and i never thought that you would be in your position today. When i recently returned to the server and saw you as MAJ for 11A, i genuinely wondered how that had happened. Now that I have been around for a few months, it has given me time to realize that you have actually made a huge improvement to your character which is simply astonishing when compared to your younger years.

With the recent wipe of the GM roster, the GM teams needs good, experienced GM’s more than ever. I’ve read through your whole application now and i love all your ideas for events (i think my favorite is either drugged up junkies or munition manslaughter). Either way, i will give you my sincere +1 and a genuine good luck to you. I am very excited to see some of these events in game. 

Edited by Flak
  • Like 2

Thank you all for your support it’s crazy to see how far I’ve come from being one of the most disliked members in the community to having supportive people like y’all back my application I can not thank you guys enough.

• Like 2

Horse has definitely done some really stupid things in the past but ever since he started focusing on working his way to help out Army and 11A he has shown that he can be mature and be a good member of the community and I think he deserves a chance to be GM +1

• Like 1

+1

I've never had any issue with you, you are very active on the server and from what I've seen a big help to 11A. The events seem very engaging and fun, and I think you would make an amazing addition to the GM team.

Edited by S0UL
  • Like 1