DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

The New Mayor/PD/Tax/Lottery System

Bizzy

• DarkRP Administration Team
1 hour ago, Bizzy said:

Im very very lost right now because I don't see the issue with an income tax that is

1) optional (you can evade and just hope u dont get raided for the next like 3 minutes)

2) needs to be billed MANUALLY (meaning the odds of you getting picked out of 100 players is VERY low)

3) that you can only be billed with once an hour (with the small chances of the mayor even billing you, this decreases the chances of you getting billed more)

4) and that the mayor can only bill ONE PERSON every 5 MINUTES 

If you're a printer farmer who as spent millions on printers. You can simply avoid any issues by paying the (1-5%) bill (will be capped at 50k). If you make 100k from when you joined and you get billed, your bill is 5k. If you make 1 mill your bill is 50k. if you make 100mill your bill will still be 50k.

I like the 50k cap, that's a good idea. I'd be happy to pay that to avoid police raids, which in turn puts money into the vault adding to the RP element. Like I say, I'm still +1 for this as I think it will be a super upgrade, it's just that with anything new, there's a lot of questions and concerns that get raised. But overall I'm happy 🙂👌

8 minutes ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

Yo if it's capped at 50k, manually done by a mayor, and you have to be chosen by the mayor (and you can only be chosen once an hour) I think this is pretty reasonable.

+1 the entire suggestion, assuming this is the angle you choose to take for this, it sounds good!

the 50k cap i added randomly now but everything else has always been there 😞

• Like 1

Why:

In my humble opinion, mayor/pd is already buggy and authoritative as it is. It's exceedingly rare for a player to use the mayor job in a way that is beneficial to other players (except for constant lottos). With the new mayor building rules, it's now even harder to kill the mayor. The ability to mass arrest with a lockdown or harsh laws is enough of an initiative for a lot of people to want mayor. Adding an option to tax or warrant players feels like minge heaven. I don't want to worry about paying taxes.

Perhaps there is an alternative use for the tax UI that could be implemented. It's a cool idea, but sounds like a pain in the ass for people trying to level up or make money.

That being said:

I love the idea of adding more function to pd. The vault raid and officer defense incentive is awesome. Perhaps that feature could be used to upgrade the bank(?). That could encourage players to be banker and bank security, spice things up a bit. idk maybe, maybe not.

The idea of the vault money being a pool is great. Maybe that could come from bail money or something else. 

Although I'm not in favor of this entire suggestion, I appreciate that you're bringing dope new ideas to the server.

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
On 4/4/2022 at 9:01 AM, ShankNinja said:

Yes, but illegal money has never been taxed. In real-life, ingame, etc., there is no actual logical reason why police would know about or have the ability to control illegal income.

If this is accepted or not, I don't care too much - i think it's a cool feature with some flaws, sure BUT what got to me is... illegal money can't be taxed?

Following your very serious logical approach to DarkRP, and "ILLEGAL MONEY" why not have it to where all your money "illegal money" has to be stashed and hidden within the map because it's "illegal money" and in order to get it safe (alas in your inventory/bank). You must launder it at a 30-40% loss depending on the corrupt banker on duty - otherwise, if you die you lose it all - that seems very logical with "illegal money"

Other than that.. TAX IS VANILLA DARKRP, it's a feature built into DarkRP's base code, straying from vanilla was actually done when I removed the base code for taxation. 

d4631d619e4359b3af8b19a6c17917e0.png

6fcef65e62a0aeca75641277e84c0fd1.png

6cb6793bbd9c978194c7505c45d85f6b.png

d6898b059f690e8f2a1390d0d8941ad9.jpg

Moving away from the flawed logic of "illegal income tax is non-vanilla" (when it quite literally has been for a decade) what you want to say, is you'll leave to join a slightly MORE modded server than GarnetGaming.

Besides that, I think we can keep the lottery tax (WHICH MANY OF YOU ARE UNDER THE IMPRESSION GOES TO THE MAYOR - NO. It will go to all active PD members) as to encourage more players to play as CPs. The taxation system may be axed until we re-release CityRP where it'll make more sense along with property taxes. However, please understand, if we set the taxation cap to a maximum of $10,000 per hour which is pocketchange for somebody like @ShankNinja, however, roughly 70 players paid their taxes hourly, dispersed between the mayor and 10 other CPs, they would have effectively made 63,000 each, which seems very fair for an hour of playing as a CP. 

1 hour ago, Nutter said:

big message

Ok just to simplify the income tax (if it ends up getting added in)

- Income tax has to be manually done by mayor

- Mayor can only send a tax bill to ONE person every 5 minutes

- A player can only receive a tax bill once an hour

- A TAX BILL WILL NEVER BE OVER 10K (OR WHATEVER WE SET IT AT) AND IS 100% OPTIONAL (YOU CAN EVADE BUT FACE PD IF THEY RAID)

- THE MAYOR DOESN'T GET TAX MONEY, IT'S DISTRIBUTED TO ALL PD (10-20% OF THE VAULT)

In regards to pd being unraidable, maybe @Nutter and @Proggy can change the rules so that PD can only have 2 fading doors for entrance.

Keep in mind, the tax bill is merely to keep the PD active and have a reason to raid bases. But remember, only one tax bill can be sent every 5 minutes and the odds of a big base evading it is small unless they want to have some action with the PD.

If you're fine with this rate agree, if not rate disagree

• Agree 5

Nah mate leave Mayor untouchable :DDDDDD (side note can we get police warden able to build in cells again?)

I'll plus one with the 50k Cap. I saw a post earlier saying something about 500k and thats mainly why I -1. Ain no way am I paying 500k to avoid a warrant. In any event, I now think that this suggest is perfectly reasonable especially because I didnt see the bit about VVVVV

6 hours ago, Bizzy said:

+1 fix crack manu please.

Accepted

After talking with proggy everyone seems to have arrived at a general conclusion for this idea

On 4/6/2022 at 4:58 AM, Bizzy said:

Ok just to simplify the income tax (if it ends up getting added in)

- Income tax has to be manually done by mayor

- A player can only receive a tax bill once an hour

- A TAX BILL WILL NEVER BE OVER 10K (OR WHATEVER WE SET IT AT) AND IS 100% OPTIONAL (YOU CAN EVADE BUT FACE PD IF THEY RAID)

- THE MAYOR DOESN'T GET TAX MONEY, IT'S DISTRIBUTED TO ALL PD (10-20% OF THE VAULT)

In regards to pd being unraidable, maybe @Nutter and @Proggy can change the rules so that PD can only have 2 fading doors for entrance.

Keep in mind, the tax bill is merely to keep the PD active and have a reason to raid bases. But remember, only one tax bill can be sent every 5 minutes and the odds of a big base evading it is small unless they want to have some action with the PD.

If you're fine with this rate agree, if not rate disagree

and as such this will be worked on being implimented.

Please not suggestions are not final just because it was accepted, this is not a 100% guarantee this will be implemented. Just that we will work on it.

thank you @Bizzy for the idea