DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

lmay - Moderator Application

lmay

In-game name: lmay
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:264766
Warns: 0
Timezone: PST: UTC−08:00
Playtime?: | lmay has played for 191:54:30.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES]
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES]
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] None
Past experiences as staff: I moderated 2 Discord servers with a couple thousand members on each for a few months before they were shut down. I’ve also moderated a FiveM server in the past, which can be a lot to handle. No experience quite yet with staffing Garry’s Mod, but I’m hoping to have a chance at this challenge, and I can’t wait to learn what it’s all about!
Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] 

I am super hopeful that you will accept me into your staff team because I am extremely active in-game, have past experience with heavy social interactions, and have a very admirable amount of time to spend fulfilling the duties of a staff member. I’m a very outgoing person and I am aiming to be a role model for the new, old, and returning players so that they have the best experience on GarnetGaming. I play mostly during the evening into the very late night, which I feel is one of the best time frames to have more active staff available. I strive for nothing more than to serve the community, being the best person I can be, giving the best assistance I can, and not cutting corners to get the job done. 

I have been playing Garnet’s network of servers since the end of 2019, and although I’ve mostly lurked and kept to myself until this year, seeing the effort the community has gone through to make the experience so enjoyable and relaxing really makes me want to get myself more involved. I have learned so many new things during my time playing here and I basically feel obligated to give that back to the community by teaching newcomers what I’ve learned, and potentially giving existing players a new view on the rules and the things you can do in-game to have a much more exciting and enjoyable experience. Ultimately I just want to put my skills and the things I’ve learned from the past and present to the test and prove that I have what it takes to be a staff member.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: I’ve been banned twice in the past. Once at the very beginning of 2020 for Mass RDM. I was still new to the server at the time and I am much more familiar with the rules and how to abide by them. The second ban was false & revoked via appeal.
Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:  6-7 hours a day, depending on what I’ve got going on IRL. 
If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I enjoy listening to music, hanging out with my friends and family, and playing semi-competitively in games such as Apex Legends and Fortnite.
Did you read the staff rules?: lmay

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
1 hour ago, lmay said:

lmay

You read the rules so thats a good start

1 hour ago, lmay said:

191:54:30.

Solid hours

1 hour ago, lmay said:

Fortnite.

Only downside

1 hour ago, lmay said:

1 hour ago, lmay said:

nice

+1

Edited by Danny_The_Dog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

+1

This is a really decent application with brilliant paragraphs. I haven't met you before, but that's not necessarily a bad thing as I also used to generally keep to myself and mostly solo basing and staying out of trouble. You have great hours on the server and have been part of the community for a long time. The only thing I would say is that while this is admirable, just don't burn yourself out by consistently doing 6-7 hours a day! But an overall +1 from me 👌

• Winner 1

+1

• Good paragraphs
  • Good playtime
  • Experience on staffing 5M (it's not much different here)
  • You seem caring/helpful in game chat
  • Above 18 (I consider this to be a huge plus)

I might not know you super well but what I've seen you're a respectable person, and the way your app is written leads me to believe I'm right. I hope to see you on the team!

• Winner 1
7 hours ago, lmay said:

playing semi-competitively in games such as Apex Legends and Fortnite.

....i dunno about those being competitive lol 

Right so I haven't really talked to you much at all but your application is actually good. Surprising a 19 year old who can actually write 2 good written paragraphs congrats.

Your application has the staff app nazi seal of approval

+1 hope to see you taking sits instead of me 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

+1!
This person is always active and is kind and nice to people.
I believe they are a good addition to the team even if I have not talked to them that much and your paragraphs are awesome!!
Good luck friend!

• Winner 1

+1

Solid hours

Old bans and has since become more familiar with rules

No warns

Read the rules

- Don't think I've had any interactions with you, if I have please correct me (my memory is shit)
EDIT: I have now had interaction with you (you're chill)
Overall, I'd like to see you on the staff team.

-Good luck!

Edited by MoonDoge
  • Like 1

From what I gathered being on the majority of today the applicant is not only very respectful, they also are very helpful by answering common questions in game. That’s exactly what other staff hopefuls need to see. There’s so much more to this position than being a rule enforcer, for that alone I will gladly +1 you. 

• Like 5