DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Something to help DS/RAC

Stolas

Description: three potential changes to the Recruiter/Drill Sergeant class:

They are given one-tap weapons OR recruit base health is set to 1 (credit to reeper)

They are given rope cuffs

They are given the ability to see recruits for their respective faction through walls, and are able to see their names from a distance as well, or recruit sprint ability are simply disabled

Reasoning: from personal experience, 1 out of 3 recruits tend to simply minge the moment they are let out of the RR, this would assist in keeping recruits under control, especially when training large groups of recruits at once. The changes in weaponry would only apply to these recruits since these classes are not allowed into war anyway. 

Edited by Stolas
Great idea by reeper that I didn't even think was possible
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

As much as I love the effort and actual useful suggestions recently, I do have some concerns if this were to be accepted. If recruiters were given one-tap weapons, I believe it  would cause more problems than good considering people complain all the time about "the AR-15/AK-74 is bad" and could swap to DS/RAC during war and ending up with having their WL removed. A way around this could be setting base recruit HP down to like 20ish, most rifles average around 30-40 DMG per shot, while SMGs are about 15-25 per shot with a faster firing rate. I like the idea of rope cuffs, but people would hop on DS/RAC just to minge with cuffs, we see officers doing it all the time, I'll admit, I'm guilty of it too. If you want some recruit cuffed, try to reach out to your respective officer. If they are minging, you shouldn't be training them anyways. Now lastly, seeing recruits through walls wouldn't have really any downsides other than FPS issues and the time it would take the dev team to make the (working) script and having it implemented on the server. With that being said, I would give this a +1 if there were alternatives to what's listed so they weren't hella exploitable. For now though, I'm gonna give it a -1. Good Luck!

• Agree 1

Generally speaking, if they are minging, I just shoot them. If they come back and continue to minge, I get a staff member.

17 minutes ago, Reeper said:

A way around this could be setting base recruit HP down to like 20ish, most rifles average around 30-40 DMG per shot, while SMGs are about 15-25 per shot with a faster firing rate.

This would work well actually.

-1 As the solutions provided by OP are not feasible, but I'm not necessarily against a change.

+1

Most minging recruits aren't really a problem. But the ones that run rampant do cause some issues so maybe the rope cuffs idea, but not the others. Also rope cuffs abuse is a very real issue and maybe we shouldn't give it to the DS/DI (Ironic considering I'm a DS)

23 hours ago, Reeper said:

A way around this could be setting base recruit HP down to like 20ish, most rifles average around 30-40 DMG per shot, while SMGs are about 15-25 per shot with a faster firing rate. 

I didn't even know this could be possible

22 hours ago, PraetorDon said:

Generally speaking, if they are minging, I just shoot them. 

So do I, but since it takes multiple shots to kill them, they usually start running, I lose track of them, and then they wind up running rampant on the server, and either getting more people involved, or having to bother a staff member, in order to recontain them. Plus on tali side at least, we had an issue with a recruit who knew how to obtain a weapon as well a way to open the RR room gate from the inside

On 4/20/2022 at 12:40 PM, Stolas said:

Description: three potential changes to the Recruiter/Drill Sergeant class:

They are given one-tap weapons OR recruit base health is set to 1 (credit to reeper)

They are given rope cuffs

They are given the ability to see recruits for their respective faction through walls, and are able to see their names from a distance as well, or recruit sprint ability are simply disabled

Reasoning: from personal experience, 1 out of 3 recruits tend to simply minge the moment they are let out of the RR, this would assist in keeping recruits under control, especially when training large groups of recruits at once. The changes in weaponry would only apply to these recruits since these classes are not allowed into war anyway. 

The health of the recruits can be changed I can agree with that. 

The cuffs would be abused so thats a hard no there. 

Then the ability to see recruits through walls idk if thats even possible. 

On 4/23/2022 at 8:42 AM, SirSmity said:

Then the ability to see recruits through walls idk if thats even possible. 

Possible but unnecessary.

Setting recruit health is a potential server-side solution. However, if they are refusing to be trained by running away (and/or being disruptive elsewhere) then that's on them. They're just wasting their own time and it shouldn't be that major of a concern.

• StarWarsRP Management Team

Denied

The HP change was the only part of this that may have been implemented, however a runaway recruit isn't a big issue and the other recruits are more liable to being accidentally killed if the RAC/DS has bad aim.

Alternatively, you could ask Staff/GMs in-game to Respawn problematic Recruits