How did you find Garnet?

21 hours ago, MichaelMyers said:

Its been a year since I joined the community and I'm interested to know how you all found the community. Was it through friends or did you just click a random server and here you are now?

I found the community through playing Rust with friends, found a cool server, and eventually joined the staff team! Since then I've also played Garnet DarkRP, MRP, and TTT.

I was looking for a good MRP server and I saw Garnet gaming it seemed good with 100 Pop back in the day or more 2ndLt Jasmin Trained me and got me to PV2 in marines. so let me take you back to 2016 where Marines were still a thing on MRP Cody Drax was the general at the time and Fetn was a WO at the time who took me under his wing trained me the ways of the server and gave me hope one day Id make it to where he was and I did I worked all the way up to CW3 then left to Join rangers after Rangers I went RU and the rest is history

• Like 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

I used to play GMod and DarkRP many years ago when I was still in school (I’m 28 now). I used to love it back then, having a laugh and meeting decent people and setting up gun stores etc. This was back when GMod wasn’t a big game and nothing like it is now.

Then towards the end of 2020 I decided to see if DarkRP was still going, and to my surprise it was! Me and my brother tried a few different servers, but the amount of silly addons that they had put me off as it was so different from my memories. Then I found Garnet which was much more vanilla and closer to what I remembered. I met a few others in game who helped me set up a base and remember how to actually play, I think one of them is called Scortch and I bought him a D’Lore for helping me out.

My brother didn’t stick around as it wasn’t really his thing, but I fell in love with DarkRP all over again and played on and off. Last year I put a ton of time into actually getting to know people and playing more seriously (rather than opening a casual gun store or working as PD now and then). Now I’m a L.Mod and have some good mates, to the point where I might fly over to the US to say hello at some point 🙂

• Like 1

Back in 2016 I was kinda bored on GMod and I was looking for a new multiplayer experience. I saw there was a MilitaryRP gamemode and I was thinking it would be like CoD. I saw that Garnet was the most populated server at the time, so I joined to check it out. The rest is history.

• Like 1

uhhhh, about 2020 mid april type shit when covid hit, bought the game, tried to play on a certain server that rhymes with micebooze. Couldnt join for some reason, saw the "no download" thingy and joined. Havn't really played any other server since.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
On 5/10/2022 at 3:09 AM, IAreGunner said:

On 5/10/2022 at 7:23 AM, acer said:

On 5/10/2022 at 3:12 PM, Ozzy said:

On 5/10/2022 at 7:57 PM, Remake said:

23 hours ago, Hauptmann_HK416 said:

22 hours ago, Jake said:

21 hours ago, PrisonNightmare said:

20 hours ago, Xavier said:

10 hours ago, Jared Cox said:

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

My boyo @Koulit showed me the server late 2018, played consistently on servers until 2021, but I still like hopping on the forums to show off my art and stuff!

Also I was only “Captainswag” for the first 3 months, I had to swap cause Ethan told me “Hey, all the privates think you are a Captain, and you aren’t, so ya gotta change it man.”

• Like 1

Official servers were not working so we started to play on 1000x servers but got bored of that so switched to a 5x got bored then found tau while it was still alive, found a guy who was switching servers to play epsilon or sierra he gave his loot to me and my friend, we got bps for a lot of things for the next wipe, so when that wipe came around we were gonna do tunnels with SARs but uh oh we forgot to bp SARs so then i was just wondering around thinking about what to do next when i came across a random ass supply drop that had, guess what? a SAR! i knew then that this would be our main server, ive spent to much time on tau so im really sad to see it the way it is, and im hopeful that it will re-populate during the summer if we gave it some love. (i have like 750+ hours on that shit) 

• Like 1