ROE Change - 6/5/2022

I spoke quite a bit about this with Theos before his resignation. I came up with a looooot of reasons as to why it's mutually beneficial for both playercount and general interactivity and enjoyment. This is something I wholeheartedly believe would benefit MRP in a huge aspect. Best of luck with this, I really hope it does get added.

• Like 2

I am a big proponent of this. I believe it adds way higher stakes to the server, and adds weight to even the most simple decisions. It can set up a lot of natural RP and content for players to explore. At the same time, it adds a good niche between Taliban and US. The Taliban get to live up to their "guerilla warfare" fantasy while the US have to plan accordingly, giving them more opportunities for decision making and leadership. 

Me and Smity were discussing dry running this ROE change in some GM events in the coming days, to prove it's worth. I hope all of you give it a shot as I believe it can reinvigorate the atmosphere of MRP

+1

• Agree 1

+1

I've been waiting for a ROE change to occur for a while now. I think this is a good ROE change to add to the server. There just has to be a lot more rules following this ROE change to prevent any exploitable or cork in the rulebook ways to get an easy excuse for a MRDM.

21 hours ago, Towelieee said:

+1

I've been waiting for a ROE change to occur for a while now. I think this is a good ROE change to add to the server. There just has to be a lot more rules following this ROE change to prevent any exploitable or cork in the rulebook ways to get an easy excuse for a MRDM.

Yes, If someone kills a lot of people on a claim or in the base (without a raid advert) would be MRDM.

+1 as long as they understand this new rule, I’m down for it. More Tali gets on it becomes more interesting and realistic as Talis rarely go outside of base unless it’s for fun or for a good reason. 

• Agree 1

+1
I personally feel like the possible gain from this strongly outweighs the negatives. Peacetime is indeed boring and having actual patrols that are RP but still fun for players since they can still do shooty shooty. At the very least I think this change will be something refreshing for the community 👍. I love you Smity

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I was a large advocate for this change during the staff meeting and I listed a lot of fair points, I'm going to elaborate on how this could help the server for those who are voting still. +1

1. Team Balance
The entire time the server has been up a good majority of the time we all understand that statistically players were more likely to choose the US side to start off with, even after multiple changes forcing players to choose Taliban by spawning them as a recruit, the US continues to generally be the more chosen favorite.

This ROE change allows two entirely different and completely unique playstyles within the server and allows actual choice between the side you want to play. My opinion on why people chose the US over Taliban is purely bias; the average player will spawn into Garnet and be met with the choice of US or Taliban, with no actual difference in how each side is played players automatically choose the US because "Well I'm american" and it's generally seen as the worlds "super power". This results in the US inevitably outweighing the Taliban side, however, with the introduction of this ROE that changes the decisions given to players. The sides presented to you each have a different playstyle during peacetime and will also adopt a much different genre of roleplay as well as different roleplay situations. 

The choices presented to each player will be weighed out and chosen based on how they want to spend their time on the server. If the player wants a more controlled roleplay experience, they'll join US where things are calm and orderly as well as outside the base fireteams and actual patrols will be required to ensure there aren't camping taliban outside the base or in general areas of interest. If the players were to want a more chaotic roleplay experience, or not roleplay at all and just enjoy the military vibe, players can choose Taliban and adopt a much different playstyle than the US, the players on the Taliban will be chaotic, have no rules, and generally have much different experience than a calm and orderly unit. The players in the taliban can gather in groups of PVT's even, and go kill some US to enjoy themselves.

2. Peacetime / Fun
The entire time I've been on this server which spans back to early 2019, there has never really been any form of entertainment offered outside war. The only entertainment you could really gather during peacetime was sitting around teamspeak shooting the shit with your buddies/unit members, roleplay with the officers/enlisted that actually want to roleplay, or attend any form of event which usually ends up either being a tryout or a simulation.

With the addition of this ROE, the US will have to actually train themselves and work in squads outside base. The random privates that want to go "patrol" will actually be granted a reason to patrol. If you think about it, there could also be roleplay involved where two officers from each side set up an area they fight over and essentially have a controlled warzone outside of war. The taliban will be able to have fun by sitting in points of interest and messing with the US that they see. The US get an actual military experience that's more realistic and makes them feel like they're actually in a theater of war making them feel anxious and have to constantly watch their backs for the cheeky Taliban sniper that's following their unit.

3. Member Retention Boost
The whole server splits very roughly into 2-3 categories of players.
Roleplayers (Players who don't enjoy PVP, and like the realistic roleplay aspect
Fighters (Players who play just for the pvp aspect)
And then the Other aka, the people who enjoy pvp and roleplay, the cool people.

For quite some time a lot of players on the server will leave the game just to come back and fight war, with this new ROE this gives all 3 categories the option to enjoy themselves during peacetime in the respectful areas they wish. The fighters can join the taliban to just shoot whoever they want, or join US to enjoy the US side while still shooting armed talis. The roleplayers will be able to enjoy 2 different aspects of military roleplay, the guerilla military RP, and strict/semi-strict military RP. Then the cool kids just get more enjoyment in both aspects.

This ROE will help the players actually want to stay on the server and have less reasons to get off because they're bored or just wanted to fight.

4. Member Influx Boost
We all know how the usual new member goes, either A) They stay and become a member of the server, or B) they minge around in the training and either minge heavily or immediately mass. This new ROE being introduced will give the players within the B category a reason to stay on the server. Not a lot of players actually like the military roleplay but may enjoy the side Taliban has to offer, or maybe it'll just give the Mass RDMers a reason to wanna stay on the server, or at a long enough stay to actually see the server and enjoy themselves. The players that join with the intention of being chaotic can go to the taliban and minge since it'll be a much more chaotic and loose RP side. These players may also be much more willing to stay if they know they're allowed to just go and shoot Americans out of base and possibly even be more willing to follow rules regarding when and where the mass rdm is acceptable and when it isn't. If they still don't, well; we have staff to handle the mass rdmers.

sorry for my rant, I just wanted to input my side 🙂

Edited by PIuto
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

+1  This change would make everything different for peacetime. Tali and US will have to constantly be on the lookout whenever traveling to claimed areas. It makes the game even more interesting.