DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Weapon Stat Changes Megathread!

Smity_

So with the help with @PraetorDon we can start testing weapon changes. So I know you're gonna be like oh its another thread but, I wanna make a list of what people want to be changed. I already have an idea what needs buffs but I will tell you one thing Not much donor weapons will be touched unless the nutter man says otherwise. For ex. The FMG is way to OP rn. So the firerate will be lowered. Same with the Vector. 

Just give me a list of the Top 5 weapons you want touched. And ways you can list it is:

1. FMG - Needs lowered firerate
2. MP-40/1 - Needs spread lowered 
3. and continued on to 5

This would give us a basis of what we need to adjust or look at. Also help garnet to change the weapons too as this would be a big update so don't argue in comments so this forums post doesn't get cluttered just react! 

Me Don and others will work on this. Everyones input is appreciated. Looking forward to the changed weapons!

Reduce effective range of snipers so when near edge of render distance it doesn't instakill. This change could affect just the Mosin and Orsis so snipers on jobs for groups like Delta, Rangers, 11B and whatever has snipers on the AFG side maintain their effect while reducing the amount of insta killing, grenade toting, RPG shooting snipers while keeping said groups and WLs the same.

TL;DR reduce effective range on dono/credit snipers to reduce the amount of instant kills from edge of render from random people on a medic or rifleman WL.

• Disagree 2
2 hours ago, BillDanger said:

Reduce effective range of snipers so when near edge of render distance it doesn't instakill. This change could affect just the Mosin and Orsis so snipers on jobs for groups like Delta, Rangers, 11B and whatever has snipers on the AFG side maintain their effect while reducing the amount of insta killing, grenade toting, RPG shooting snipers while keeping said groups and WLs the same.

TL;DR reduce effective range on dono/credit snipers to reduce the amount of instant kills from edge of render from random people on a medic or rifleman WL.

Our goal in this is to not nerf guns, but to bring underpowered/poor performing weapons in line with a median. Obviously, we'll be taking a look at outliers like the FMG and Vector, who outperform the other guns in the SMG category.

Using the aggregated stats at the time of writing, the Mosin's effective range is far less than the Orsis and is actually the weakest sniper based on stats. The Orsis has the same effective range as the SV98, the L115 and the SR-338 and is in the middle of the road.

We're currently looking at CQC weapons, though long guns will be part of the rebalancing at some point.

1 hour ago, Wyatt said:

UMP needs fixes for everything!

Based on the numbers that I see currently, the UMP will likely receive a buff.

Edited by PraetorDon

Don't know how to explain this but the scar heavy bullets go lower then when the scope is,possibly something with spread or recoil but the firerate seems fine to me and if possibly give it a closer combat sight 

YHPRj84.jpeg

Aiming above the curve most of the bullets go lower 

1. General Rifles Fire rate/Spread adjustment (SCAR-L for Green Beret) 

I think that rifles should be the most prioritized change, as they are currently extremely unrewarding to use. Smity did ask for specific weapons, so I would request that the Scar-L have it's fire rate/spread lowered to be more like a rifle and less like an SMG(This should apply to all rifles though) Obviously the damage would have to be lowered which is fine, it's just that currently rifles are not fulfilling the dream of an "accurate mid range weapon" in my opinion.

2. SMGs

Fix the fire rate on those outlier SMG's that Smity mentioned.

I will edit this post later after looking at the specific guns. I currently don't know the exact numerical values for any of these weapons, so I can't provide exact changes for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...